Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The brand umarex

Its not so much a re-brand as Licence stamp

Umarex own the right to trademark several companies, i believe the following are some
    H&K
    Walther
    Magnum research inc
    ruger
    makarov

Im sure tokio soldier has something to do with them too, you see them pop up in webstores ocasionaly,they do some sniper rifles and m249 series (probly others too)

Comment

The brand in question is Smart Team HK or S&T Armament, they seem to be the OEM for alot of mid-high end brands. I seriously think there's no harm in picking up one of their guns, I don't think Umarex would risk putting their name on a product that would cause their brand name harm.

I believe I should be able to link to their website as you cannot seem to purchase anything from it:

http://smartteamhk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NAUX View Post
        I don't think Umarex would risk putting their name on a product that would cause their brand name harm.
        Riiiight, because Cybergun (who are in a similar position) don't churn out some p*** poor replicas.

Comment

(delete post)

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
            Riiiight, because Cybergun (who are in a similar position) don't churn out some p*** poor replicas.
            Just my opinion... look at the brands UMAREX have started to work with of late; Ares, KWA. From what I can see, i think they have got their head around backing poor brands, Cybergun on the other hand, I know nothing about. I'll gladly accept the possibility that I am absolutely wrong though.

Comment

Umarex do already have a good rep in relation to air weapons and therefore more to lose, while Cybergun are (to the best of my knowledge at least) just a company who've paid to licence airsoft guns.
              sigpic

Comment

Its not that your wrong, its more my opinion that companies like Cybergun and Umarex who own R/S trades think more about how much they can charge for the rights to use said trades rather than the actual product thats being sold. Plus Cybergun have stuck their name on some right ****.

[edit] I'm probably being unfair to Umarex but again.... they won't care aslong as the money is being raked in. :p

Comment

umarex make a c02 air pistol makarov so there for...they are good

as far as i am aware like cybergun umarex just put trades on things now but have a history of their own production or sort of

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                    Plus Cybergun have stuck their name on some right ****.
                    Now, that's something very few of us would argue with.

Making money from rebranding? Why would a premium company want to tarnish their image by doing that?

sigpic

Comment

i know ares makes the gun because i thinking of getting one but umarex and h+k have the trades

Comment

I have the above Ares (Umarex) ebb G36c and can confirm that it has H&K g36 trades on the RIF and the actual box it comes in is completely H&K branded. Looks awesome tbh.

I can also confirm that I had the TM, CA, ARES (Umarex) our in the shop when I bought it, and in my opinion this was the best. The plastic does not look or feel as cheap. Its more sturdy, it field strips in "seconds" with no tools, it has a quick change spring, and an electronic trigger mech. Ohh plus the blow back which produces about 2/3s of the recoil my sopmod does (no exaggeration) .

Its a sweet gun with a tm hop rubber.

Comment

heya guys just got back from hell (work) and this is all a bit daunting.

what do you guys reckon? go for umarex at around 100 from hk or not?

Comment

£100?

Comment

160 dollors

about 180 when all said and done and to my door

Comment

woow, which model? You going to UA tomo?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                                Working...
                                X