This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: advice on sidearms!!!

Well i had a TM M92F but like i said earlier your asking the wrong guy. That said it did normally perform well but the trigger spring broke easily
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I know that TM are loved by loads of people, but for me half the fun of firing a GBB is the weight and feel.

SigArms have their own licenced versions of the 226 and 229. Basically they're KJW full metals, with factory cases and licenced trades. Full weight, correct size and they feel great to shoot. The only problem is, like all full metal gas guns, on a cold day they will lose power quicker than a plastic one.
      sigpic

Comment

In response to tallbloke:

A pistol is not just a backup or secondary, in my case it is my primary in woodland, urban and indoors and i find no problem with it.

Now being a pistols only player my honest recommendation for a pistol has to be the TM 1911 or MEU, reasons:

1. Good range due to TM Hop.
        2. Good accuracy even on lower powered gas.
        3. 26 or 28 round capacity.
        4. Good shape and size mags, not too bulky or with a large bumpered end.
        5. Good safety system incase your are the neglectful type.
        6. Slim design makes it easier to grip and find space for.

That is about all i can say for the good side of this gun, it does have it's negatives and if people want to point them out then do so. But it is what i recommend.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

well done for going pistol only.....tbh to get total cred i would recommend going in with springer pistols, now that would seperate the men from the boys
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i regularly go in with springers.

great fun..

Comment

Originally posted by gingerpanda View Post
              thanks guys do any of you have ideas on the m9 or the sig sauer p226?
              cheers
              I love my WA M92F. It's full metal, so it's reassuringly weighty, it's got an excellent blow back that gives you recoil and a satisfying "phomph" noise with every shot. Rate of fire is as fast as you can pull the trigger, accuracy and range are decent (would probably be much better if I could be bothered to set the Hop) and the safety de-cocks the hammer and de-activates the trigger when activated.

The Western Arms M9 comes with full licensed trademarks and a 25 round mag. As for reliabilty, well I've had mine for at least 5 years and it's not gone wrong once (touch wood).

The only downside I can think of it (other than the standard problem of gas guns in cold weather) is that the gun itself and extra mags are a bit more expensive than the TM

Comment

No, the truly hardcore put on a medic or similar bb attracting armband and go in with nothing.

Happened to me when i realised that my P90 made it harder to medic as i needed both hands to do so, so i put it in the safe zone with my pistol and went in with just my camo's and a face mask. Did get given a grenade at one point, just didn't get to throw it.

I have a habit of doing insane things every now and then, the rest of the time i just play it safe.

Oh and stick with TM, only company so far that hasn't let me down with any gun (unlike WE, JG, HFC, KSC, KWA, JLS and CA).

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gingerpanda Find out more about gingerpanda
                Working...
                X