plasticuffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plasticuffs?

cable tie hand cuffs? seen people running around with these at regular skirmish days i hope to god there just for show and dont actually intend on using them on some poor unsuspecting bugger?

to be probably rather brutally honest i cant even see why people would even want them for looks. they look silly to me i spose they use them in theater but its still weird in my eyes.

please gents shed some light?

Re: plasticuffs?

I know many people use them for larger milsim events where prisoners are taken on a regular basis, as part of mission objectives

Comment

mostly to look authentic

but ive been handcuffed in proper metal speedcuffs before - actually funny story, they didnt take my sidearm because i couldnt reach it in handcuffs....except when they wernt looking i kneeled down and took it out :D shot them in the back and legged it...in cuffs back to my team, obviously they had the keys so i was buggered and went to get recaptured again
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ah right i can understand milsim but regular skirmishes i just dont get =/

Comment

i dont play milsim but if i feel like it happily go completely authentic i mean i spend alot on my gear so its nice to wear it to its full potential

unless im playing in jeans and t shirt :D
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I was looking at them as part of my load-out. for some people its just attention to detail I guess. I think they can look quite good, depending on that aren't just there for the 'cool' factor. They should be used for a detail load-out.
            Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
            The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
              mostly to look authentic

but ive been handcuffed in proper metal speedcuffs before - actually funny story, they didnt take my sidearm because i couldnt reach it in handcuffs....except when they wernt looking i kneeled down and took it out :D shot them in the back and legged it...in cuffs back to my team, obviously they had the keys so i was buggered and went to get recaptured again
              and people call me daft for having a cuffkey on a chain...........

Comment

I have a genuine pair of Speedcuffs in my vest, theyve never been used, but look cool IMO... :D

Comment

ahhh so it is mainly for look then? your all crazy :D but hey that's airsoft isn't it? like im ever going to use my plastic knife :P its just there for looks

thing is though which got me confused is that ive never really seen them being used for real in pics videos and stuff, so just thought airsofters must actually use them. i wouldn't know how id act if someone tried to put em on me without prior agreement. i wouldnt be pleased thats for sure :@

Comment

It is 50/50 really.

In some peoples case it is to look the part, in others it is actually to use them in the spirit of the game they are playing (maybe a game were arrests are allowed etc).

Same goes for things like rubber knives, i have used them before for gently tapping a player on the shoulder than shooting them in the back, to save injury and because i had it to hand.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

yeah i mean ive just bought a cheapy knife for looks but to be honest im not good enough to get that close :P so cant imagine ever using it. little things i spose

Comment

Seen them used to tie an objective box to where we were supposed to collect it from.........
                        Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

how did you get it undone? is there a special thing you use to open them?

Comment

We take prisnoners at our site but arnt alowed to use cuffs due to H&S as if they trip up and hurt themselves as there hands are tied which makes sence.

Comment

Originally posted by b16jus View Post
                              We take prisnoners at our site but arnt alowed to use cuffs due to H&S as if they trip up and hurt themselves as there hands are tied which makes sence.
                              yeah thats actually quite dangerous

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X