Collapse

plasticuffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone tried cuffing me without it being part of the game im sure it would probably look like a scene from one of the many police documenarys we have on TV these days.... I would not be happy.

But as part of a game scenario then yeah happy days, as long as the person slapping them on knows at the end of the day its a game.

Comment

Re: plasticuffs?

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      If someone tried cuffing me without it being part of the game im sure it would probably look like a scene from one of the many police documenarys we have on TV these days.... I would not be happy.

But as part of a game scenario then yeah happy days, as long as the person slapping them on knows at the end of the day its a game.
      my thoughts on the subject exactly!

Comment

Dont think id be overly keen on being restrained by either in the skirmish field, milsim or not. Due to the nature of the game, something can go wrong ie falling over, some plonk doing them too tight and you cant get them off that quickly, especially plasticuffs, which you remove by cutting them. Plasticuffs can be damaging when done too tight, dont fancy getting the circulation cut off in my wrists to find that the guys who have captured you dont have a gerber, knife or scissors.

But for the look, yeah dont have an issue at all. Being used for the sake of it, no. If ive been captured, Im honest enough to 'act' captured.

Then again, I have nothing against them being used in the bedroom. Giggidy.
        WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

yeh i have the set of the folding plasticuffs that slide into molle.

There just for looks for me, but you can get red training ones that don't lock so you wont need to cut them.

Comment

At my local CQB a lot of the day is role-play, so knife kills etc happen on a regular occurrence . Brought myself a knife specially so I could use It there, but I can see little opportunity using it somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              how did you get it undone? is there a special thing you use to open them?
              The real ones have a latch on the locking head you can flick open with a knife, you can do this with most plasti-cufffs/wireties, its just hard if there on you :P
              Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

I use them to hold my guns together,especially my ICS handguard...:D

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                  I use them to hold my guns together,especially my ICS handguard...:D
                  used them to hold my large battery on when my stock broke off mid game
                  Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

If you want to carry them for 'the look' then go for it , but not comfortable with idea of them being used . Did have a kid try plasticuffing me at a game once , didn't happen ! In the end to placate him (he was getting well wound up becose I wouldn't let him) I suggested I'd hold them between both my hands . I won't give up my guns if I'm captured (I take mags out and sling them out of the way , cost way too much to let some one I don't know have them) so NO chance you'd stick plasticuffs on me , no matter how loose they are .
                    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

i would do the same as druid eject mags but my guns stay in my hand or on my back unless its a friend on the other team that i trust to take them, and the plasticuffs i would allow if a friendly game with people i know well but not from randomers unless ask nicely and i keep my guns but mags out
                      free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post
                        At my local CQB a lot of the day is role-play, so knife kills etc happen on a regular occurrence . Brought myself a knife specially so I could use It there, but I can see little opportunity using it somewhere else
                        I bought mine about 3 days ago and got a kill with my rubber knife on sunday at my local woodland skirmish. I love the adrenaline rush of having to be extremely quiet and stealthy to get the kill. Worst comes to worse iv always got my G36c on semi-auto in case they do turn around.
                        Knowledge is power

Comment

There's only ever going to be one response if someone tried to plasticuff me at an airsoft game and that will be 2 words, the second one being "off". I'm happy enough to sling my gun, drop the mag etc but you ain't putting cuffs on me unless you are legally entitled to and carrying your warrant card.
                          Last edited by Hunter512; 14 June, 2011, 11:14. Reason: Bad spellings
                          Originally posted by tackle
                          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Plasticuffs - For those kinky moments on the field.

Comment

Couple of years ago during a milsim game at Longmoor some of our team managed to capture one of the NATO troops and bring him back to our base. He was disarmed cuffed interrogated then man handled (by me) out of the building made to kneel in the street (by me) and then executed by the rest of the team! :D

We even had to delay the execution a few minutes so the rest of the NATO team could come and take picture's. That was the first and only time I have seen cuffs used in a game despite owning some of the real yellow ones myself at some point.

Actually thinking back on it he did have a very big grin on his face the whole way through his incarceration!

Comment

They're for after the game

Just kidding

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                                Working...
                                X