Sniping with an AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping with an AEG?

Obviously it's not as effective as a fully tuned VSR, but just how plausible is it, with the right upgrades and a bit (see, a lot) of skill, to perform the role of a sniper with an AEG? Not a semi auto locked weapon like Marui's PSG, but something like, say an M16 or an M4?

I don't necessarily mean hitting the opposition from 70+ metres away, keep it realistic at say 50m. Would you be effective to your team as a Sniper/Marksman?

Obviously this includes your ability to simply observe the enemy and relay what they do, rather than going all Call of Duty and trying to take down an entire enemy team.

Just looking for everybody's 2pence on this, as a thread regarding a certain French sniper's video's intrigued me earlier, and I was wondering if it would be possible to remain effective as a standard rifleman (i.e, fully automatic fire etc) and still be called upon as a sniper.
    sigpic

Re: Sniping with an AEG?

i would say there would be a problem

noise an AEG can be quiet loud and if ur a sniper hiding in a bush u go to shoot one of them on fully auto then the rest will no the area ur in and spray u like mad

Comment

Yep as above, ive seen a few people at my local site in ghillies with silenced pistols like mk23 rack up a few kills, i go this way aswell when sniping, but also have DMR but as above, full auto guna get you spotted FAST

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

as mr parts said about dmr

best if going for an aeg make it a designated marksman rifle (so its gonna be upgraded barrel and hop for the main thing). You wouldnt need a ghillie cos a dm is normally part of a squad anyways soo its half way between both grunt and sniper.

Its also best because you may get bored of sniping as you do have to wait for your shots a lot. But at least making your aeg a dmr you can be involved more in the closer combat and not be included in a minimum engagement distance (depending on the fps of the gun)

Comment

It is perfectly do-able.
          You need to put in a bit of work to the gun but yes it can be done.

As said - noise is a problem if you try to be tacticool and shit but if you run a light rig and stay mobile it will be fine.

An M14 is the typical rifle recommended for such things.

For any weapon you use make sure to upgrade the Hop and stick in a tightbore barrel.
          Keep fps to around 350 at most - then you won't have issues with MED.

Best of luck
          Andy
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I'm from the same site as private parts. As just a normal aeg user ive been killed a few times by either a sniper shot or tm mk23, and genuinly have no idea where the shot came from.

Using an aeg with gillie does still have its advantages, a guy at last game used a gillie with an m4, and we ran past him with a flag and didnt even see him, but as soon as he shot we knew he was there.

So id say it makes for awesome ambushing, and you can take down a large number of people with full auto and the right momment, but its not very stealthy as you dont get the situation with snipers and silent rifles where the peron/persons shot have no idea where it came from.

just my experiences as a non-sniper :-)
            sigpic

Comment

it all depends on the site,

my local is limited to 360fps MAX on every gun, i had a aspsv, right on the button 359.1fps lol

but aegs are doing that, so i got my self a tuned psg1 atleast i can put some firepower down, kinda lol

the only noise that comes out the psg1 is a little motor noise, the gearbox is allmost silent

Comment

If you cant afford a ghillie you can simply use rubber bands over your kit and whack on some of the sorrounding vegetation at your site; If you take this approach make sure to arrive 30mins before the game starts so you have plenty of time to perfect the natural ghillie.

Works just as well, if not better than un-modified ghillies you can buy on the market; just be sure to add vegetation and adapt as you progress into different enviroments.

On the gun side of things AEG's, as mentioned above, can produce alot of noise but if your well concealed you can still get away with a fair few kills while maintaining the all important 'stealth factor'. Performance wise It's probably best to go for a new hop and barrel. Dont over do it on the power, keep your sites AEG fps limit in mind.

Comment

A sniper rifle can be just as loud, plus the movement factor. Moving the bolt back and forward requires movement, which draws the eye. You might be heard, but doesnt mean you can be seen.
                  I successfully used an M14 as a DMR for many months. Its all about how you run with it.
                  You dont need to have a sniper rifle to be successful. In many cases ive found it better to have the AEG over the bolt action, especially when there are more than one or two people.
                  Upgrade to 410, get a decent hop and rubber, tightbore barrel, lock to semi and job done.

Comment

I'm really new to this, so I hope this isn't a silly question. I quite like the idea of sniping & I was wondering if my IRS M4 fitted with the IRS silencer would work as a snipers tool? The silencer really takes the crack out of the shot & I would only use it in semi auto..
                    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I wouldnt say sound is a problem as you should be so far away they wouldnt hear it.

A GR25 or a SR25 is a superb aeg sniper works really really well

Comment

Originally posted by b16jus View Post
                        I wouldnt say sound is a problem as you should be so far away they wouldnt hear it.

A GR25 or a SR25 is a superb aeg sniper works really really well
                        We talking airsoft sniping in woodland here. You'll hear an AEG easily even at 50M.

Comment

and also on fully auto its very loud and has a distincint tone not one u would mistake for a bird if on semi auto

Comment

Originally posted by edwa2 View Post
                            and also on fully auto its very loud and has a distincint tone not one u would mistake for a bird if on semi auto
                            I dont think it's gonna make people think it's a bird ed but it can't be heard as easily

Comment

at fifty meters hearing a www twho u might mistake it for a big tweeting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FullMetalAsh Astronomy, Airsoft, Guitar. Sorted. Find out more about FullMetalAsh
                              Working...
                              X