Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do you airsoft?

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
    For the few hours once a month it allows me to be free of grown up responsibility and play soldiers like I was 7 again with my mates, without having to shout bang your dead and make silly daca, daca, daca or other machine gun noises I can't work out how to type:D.
    Me too. I do still hear people shout bang your dead...Not so much the dacadacadaca though.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Coz GuNz R CooL

Comment

I couldnt get into the forces because of bad eyesight, so 'softing is my only chance to run around like a lunatic/stealth through the undergrowth and shoot at people.
        Its also a good day out, a form of de-couch potatoing myself, a chance to meet like minded individuals who get off at shooting 6mm plastic shots at each other and I get to collect weapons, or rather the closest thing to weapons that I will ever get besides a 12 gauge double barrelled gaspipe as my old man calls it.
        Originally Posted by PureSilver
        "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

When we work the same job, day in, day out, our mind gets into a nice, settled, comfortable state... a little happy place.

Airsoft (or in that case shooting at anything, or even facing danger in any form) is attached to that little part of your brain that is linked to the caveman facing down the sabre tooth tiger with a club.

Its part of the hard-wired, "fight or flight" instinct in our head that we never really lose.

But, in that moment when you have a target in your crosshairs, you lose yourself. You are no longer Joe Average, you are Conan, John Rambo and Dutch all rolled into one, with a touch of Steve McQueen.

It's the prospect of being caught, being seen, being hit. It's the little caveman in the back of our heads, shooting at other cavemen.

Fun eh?

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

Originally I sold it to the wife as a fun thing to do for a father son activity that would cost much less than fishing and was less dangerous than mountain biking or fencing.

But obviously it was so that I could own lots of Guns! :D:D:D

Comment

Why do I Airsoft?

Pain.

Comment

I like to tinker, and a GBB has constant tweaks or maintenance or cleaning needed... keeps my mind off work which was taking over my life!
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Because there is no better feeling than running around like a complete nutter throwing around what are basically fireworks and shooting people. The people are great to.

Comment

just for the craic.

great people, fun times.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

FOR THE GLORY!!!

lol, na. I get a buzz at getting shot at and trying to outsmart or out play the other team. - You just don't get that kind of thing anywhere else.

Andy
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

because everyone kept telling me how great it was so i went and its amazing and i enjoy shooting
                        :D

Comment

Because it is fun and it keeps you healthy.

Comment

Stops me from beating the cr*p out of the wife.... Or is it the other way round? Can't remember now.
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                            Working...
                            X