This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why do some players insist on cheating

Plus how far do you want to go with this "it wouldn't have killed me in real life" attitude? if hair hits don't count because it wouldn't kill you should we make it so leg-arm shots don't? because in real life you may be able to take a few shots in the leg or arm. I mean in airsoft a hit is a hit and if you start making exceptions when will the exceptions end?

Comment

hair isnt bulletproof, show us some pics, water bottles and pouches arent bulletproof, that is all
      http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
      airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
        Tie my hair back ? wear a hat ?? Do you have any idea they kind of heat my head would get to with my hair tied back or a hat on with face protection and a mask on ? YES I have had to empty sweat and condensation out of my goggles before because it was pooling MESH GOGGLES I have to use a mask with a fan in it because I have a high body temperature anyway due to my hair Id guess.

There`s no way In hell that a bb that passes trough my hair is a hit not at the length of my hair the thing could miss me by anything from one inch to over a foot and hit my hair you people are talking rubbish.

As for this whole anything connected to me crap, so if your drinking from a water bottle and it gets hit thats a hit ? If your carrying a crate for an objective and that gets hit is that a hit ? If your behind a barrel and leaning on it and the barrel gets hit is that a hit ?Another daft argument,not many people have got killed from being shot in the crate
        As a fellow longhairean......You are just embarrasing yourself.If you have not got used to the heat of long hair by now then shame on you.

Your hair is part of Your physical being,its not something you are holding onto at the time of being shot,its you.

As for your pouch being shot,its a strange rule but one that the marshalls enforce so fair enough.

If any part of your body or kit gets hit then its a hit IMO. Even if you are wearing a bullet proof vest,In RL if someone shoots you in that vest and if it kills you or not, you WILL end up on your arse and out of action for a short time.

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        You could just cut your hair.
        Not really a valid argument,if you dont have long hair then you dont know how arsey we get when someone tells you to cut it.

I wonder if these dudes take their hits? http://www.sikharchives.com/?p=9517

Comment

Gotta admit, if i had hit you in a pouch or water bottle or hair and its the rules of the site i would expect you to accept it regardless or i would shoot you in the *insert wording* or face, not to be horrible, but it ruins the sport.

although the reason they still make all them types of hits count is because it depends on the direction you were fired from, its to hard to judge all angles so you have to let it just be a hit...

also plus 1 to the above, geting told to cut your hair can really piss you off (personal experience every day)

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post

Not really a valid argument,if you dont have long hair then you dont know how arsey we get when someone tells you to cut it.
            It is so a valid argument! If hair is causing arguments or problems, and he doesnnt want to take hair hits, he has the option to cut it off.

An invalid argument would be me saying he should grow it inwards the morning before the game, then let it grow back out afterwards, and do that for every game day

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post

As someone who used to have long hair I agree, also it won't have much of an effect as an argument as when you have long hair you get told to get a hair cut every other day...

But if he is going to have long hair and play airsoft he should take hits that hit his hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                It is so a valid argument! If hair is causing arguments or problems, and he doesnnt want to take hair hits, he has the option to cut it off.

An invalid argument would be me saying he should grow it inwards the morning before the game, then let it grow back out afterwards, and do that for every game day
                Lol fair enough. That honestly did make me chuckle

I might have got my argument wrong,What i probably should have said is...

You shouldnt have to cut your hair to play a game,But if using it as a daft reason not to take a hit (cheating or not) then something has to be done.

I simply tie it back.(the easiest most simple way of sorting out the problem,without cutting your hair) I also wear a Gator/snood to stop my hair coming loose when moving about.
                You can pick up thin cotton ones off Fleabay for about 3-4 quid posted.And they dont keep the heat in.

Comment

I dont wear mesh goggles because I dont like bb fragments in my eyes and my eyes dont work well with the pin hole effect in the dark.

But the bb`s did not hit my head they hit my hair and were never going to hit my head I dont get what the big deal is if my hair stopped a bb that was going to hit my head or back or neck then yes I am dead but if a bb hits some hair and it would have hit sod all if my hair was short then why should I take it as a hit ? Its not my fault the guy is an idiot and shot at my hair is it ? even more so in the dark.

Its simple everyone is an enemy until you ID them as dead or a team mate. If the guy who shot my hair is such a talented player then he would be able to get a kill shot next chance he had, but most of the time there just plain pot shots or dumb luck. Ive never had an issue with it and Ive never had anyone hit my hair and get upset that they thought they hit me, tbh for a fat guy Im hard to hit as I dont have the ability to travel in a straight line, its lead to me getting warnings for "being drunk at work" when I was not before.

The people I play with always seam happy to play with me and consider me a fair player so I must be doing something right or maybe they just like that I fix anyone's gear during or in-between games too lol
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

why should I take it as a hit ?
                    Because you've been hit....

Comment

1) But the bb`s did not hit my head they hit my hair and were never going to hit my head I dont get what the big deal is if my hair stopped a bb that was going to hit my head or back or neck then yes I am dead but if a bb hits some hair and it would have hit sod all if my hair was short then why should I take it as a hit ?

2) If the guy who shot my hair is such a talented player then he would be able to get a kill shot next chance he had, but most of the time there just plain pot shots or dumb luck.
                      1) You sir are splitting hairs regarding the rules. If it is part of your personal equipment, located about your body and it is hit (PLCE, Helmet, Pistol in holster, 9inch Dildo, Radio) IT COUNTS AS A HIT!

Also I think we can assume hair to be part of your body otherwise everything just gets silly. "Hang on what angle did that bb come from, let me get a compass and protractor and check, now let me just calculate wind direction. Yes as I suspected that bb would have passed harmlessly through my hair so I can continue playing...oh wait what's that the game is over you say? Balls"

Otherwise you get stupidity similar to what you are proposing. I mean I have a big 'ole conk of a nose, therefore if I get hit on the tip of it I can disregard a hit. As it would have missed a "normal" persons nose...I think not.

Or I've got lvl 5 Kevlar body armour with +50hp so I can withstand 50bbs before death. JK

2) Nobody cares if a shot is skill or dumb luck, a hit is a hit.

You sir, are part of the reason airsoft can and often does descend into shit slinging competitions.
                      Last edited by Wargasm; 1 July, 2011, 13:13.
                      "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

You want to be a great airsoft player? No matter what your gear/gun is just get out of the game even with the suspicion of a bb that might hit you.....and everybody will say what a player...!
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giann...1900918?ref=hl

Comment

Guys, this is starting to get personal (these threads normally do, which is why they usually don't last long).

Play nicely or it will be closed!
                          sigpic

Comment

Cant we just close it anyway, its run its course, and we are all starting to form a clear opinion of a particular user!

Comment

Yeah I agree as everyone is just focusing on this hair hit issue and maybe that should just come down to particular site rules and not something we should argue about on here.
                              sigpic
                              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

battlebox Find out more about battlebox
                              Working...
                              X