Airsoft on your CV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft on your CV?

It depends on job you're applying for. Thank God in my industry all sports that would normally be classified as 'awkward' are actually helpful in getting the post. Furthermore, Airsoft means teamwork (for some of us at least) and thus it does a really nice job to your CV as opposed to, say, fishing. It's all about being an effective interviewee.

Comment

Originally posted by SoSwift View Post
      ...Its so easy to get shot in airsoft you have to think about the skill needed to actually survive a real fire fight, a lot more than most think...
      Indeed.

Comment

I put it on my CV, I also say it is like paintball......But also add it is much more realistic and tactical. I couldn't just leave it as similar now could I. If that gets some interest I then go on to add teamwork...etc..

As for squadies thinking we are tossers....Like I give a poo....I suppose that's why there are good numbers of serving and retired forces members who enjoy Airsoft.

As for being similar to real firefights....I doubt that...If it was I wouldn't be doing it, I can't duck quickly enough these days..lol

You know what they say....

Join the Army....Go to exotic lands....Meet exotic people......And kill them
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I have placed it within my 'Hobbies' section and have greatly explained the benefits for general fitness and team building skills that can be utilised through Airsoft. Though, I don't put down anything more then explaining it is simply "Active Roleplay of various Wartime Scenarios."
          sigpic
          http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Ive put down airsoft on my CV and describing it as a team building exercise yaddy yada and it got me a job so!

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              We have been looking for staff here at the shop I work at recently and had a lot of CV's handed in. And one of them was from a guy who does pistol target shooting for England, which is pretty unique. This made me think how many people out there have put Airsoft as their Hobby / Other Interests on their CV and have there been any interesting remarks / outcomes from it?

I have, and it has sparked a few interesting discussions in interviews, especially when I applied at Barclays House in Poole. She was trying to work out why I would play a sport that involved running around the woods with a toy gun that looked realistic, if it wasn't for training purposes. She couldn't get that it was simply for fun, and thought there was an alternative motive for it, which I don't think helped my application for the job (which I didn't get btw).
              Not that I am looking for a job but its on my current one as far as being an issue when you look at my title at the moment it hardly gets noticed. Current title is Branch and Military cargo Manager so in my case its more expected that I do someting like Airsoft also means you can tell them no its not paint ball !

As someone else has said it also does give you something to talk about which the vast majority of people have no knowledge which is always a good thing in an interview.
              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
              Working...
              X