Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chronographs.

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
    i didnt think mine was until customs got their grubby mits on it....
    VAT and import tax is a bugger. Fingers crossed it won't be stopped!!
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Well, if anyone's willing to chip in, have a look at the DIY Chrono Project. Should have an accuracy close to, if not better than store bought chronographs, just with the potential for way more features (such as report features, graphs etc). I want this to be a tool for a professional mechanic, not just a chrono, so ideas needed, people!

Hardware should cost about a fiver at most as well, with a lot of it salvageable from home appliences as well

I'll get it hosted on GoogleCode as well, as soon as it's good enough to measure FPS. Will need help with other features later.

Even has a splash screen now as well :D

Looking forwards to hearing ideas, requirements and general banter :P

Comment

i use the acm copy of the guarder, pretty rugged, good inside and out, readouts dim though in direct sunlight, you have to sort of hold it and shade it with your hand, perfect for indoors, run mine against a skan every now and then, good enough for me
        you should see the battering they get on site in regards to storage and transportation recomended little unit

i also have a acm copy of the gaurder speeder 2000 made by s&k , and have compared it to our gun clubs chrony f1 and using a airgun to compare fps readings due to very high consistancy shot to shot there is under 5fps variance, so for 30quid from hk a very good buy.
        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Well my combro arrived this morning, after being ordered yesterday afternoon.

Excellent service.

I was supprised at how easy it is to work too. Ok it doesn't do any of the tricky stuff we all like to have, but it simply tells you the speed of the bb/ pellet or what ever you fire through it. Single shot only works a treat. I don't think I will bother with anything else. I will use sound recordings for the rof.

As far as Madbull goes, I was going to buy one, befor a good friend of mine told me he had one and had no end of problems with it. Which is good enough for me, if not a little biased. But I would say he is very reliable, one of the very few people I would trust 100% to work on my guns if I ever needed someone too.

I guess there are good and bad in all makes. So don't take this as DO NOT buy Madbull chrono's. This is just my personal situation.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
            Well, if anyone's willing to chip in, have a look at the DIY Chrono Project. Should have an accuracy close to, if not better than store bought chronographs, just with the potential for way more features (such as report features, graphs etc). I want this to be a tool for a professional mechanic, not just a chrono, so ideas needed, people!

Hardware should cost about a fiver at most as well, with a lot of it salvageable from home appliences as well

I'll get it hosted on GoogleCode as well, as soon as it's good enough to measure FPS. Will need help with other features later.

Even has a splash screen now as well :D

Looking forwards to hearing ideas, requirements and general banter :P
            I like to see people being inovative. All you need now is a nice box to house it all, then get it on the market.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i didnt think mine was until customs got their grubby mits on it....
              Turned up in the post today - no customs charges or any extras to pay.

I have never yet had anything via Hong Kong Post that has incurred charges.
              Carriers like Parcel Force, TNT & UPS seem to be the ones that are stopped (so far *touching nearest wooden object* ).
              JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Guys a question.. when you chrono your gun, do you chrono with hop off or hop on? So if a gun is rated 328fps is that with hop off or hop on? Surely with hop on, fps will decrease so when you chrono your gun on site, people can increase hop to reduce fps and be in site limits?

Comment

There's a fine line. Some amounts of hop can actually increase the fps. The resistance makes the pressure build up a bit and it bursts out slightly faster.
                  I've read on here some reports that some sites insist on hop-off, which (quite rightly) annoys people who have spent time tuning their hop/ammo combination.

IMO, it should be done with the hop set as it will be used. That way the result is meaningful, and is why sites often have in-game random testing.

Comment

Chrono with hop on, you should as the chronoing marshall be looking to make sure that the hop is set correctly, however real world and the sheer ammount of guns needing chroning makes this a hard task.
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                    airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                      i use 'Alpha Shooting Chrony' chronograph gives accurate results with my rifles and airsoft guns had it for years i recomend it (only thing is don't do is rounds be sec/min)
                      This is what i have too. my only issue is it doesnt work very well in low light
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                      Working...
                      X