Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Boris Johnson on how amazing paintball is for our country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boris Johnson on how amazing paintball is for our country!

Just wondering if anyone else saw this fairly one-sided report of how amazing paintball is for our country?
    July 13, pg21 of the Telegraph, barely half a side of how paintball teaches kids the repect for arms and how all 'delta force's' (no rule infringement intended I figured it was paintball and therefore had no correlation) markers are locally sourced and bring revenue into our country.
    It makes me wonder if it really does have that greater effect to our country and how much more/less of an effect do we think airsoft has?

When I aquire the facilities I'll post a scan of the article (currently on holiday) or if anyone has a copy on the off chance or can find it online, that would be handy.

Just wondering what people think?
    Signature Removed

Re: Boris Johnson on how amazing paintball is for our country!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...ntballing.html

Here is said link.

Comment

Well its good right? Someone should introduce ol boris there to airsoft, see what he makes of that! :D

Comment

I guess he would be happier to endorse Paintball as the markers (no matter how you do it) will never look as realistic as airsoft due to the hopper. The only markers which look realistic are the RAP4 ones, even then they have hoppers.

Much more comfortable to endorse as it is also more mainstream and seen by the public as a sport rather than playing soldiers.

I dont mean to offend anyone by that as it is just my opinion on how Good Ol' Boris could look at it.
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Hmmm tend to agree with Crasstoe, with the gun crime problems in London I couldn't see Boris coing out whole heartedly in favour of a sport that uses RIF's. I think we shoudl be happy with the positive PR generated around this and take a little reflected glory from it.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
            I guess he would be happier to endorse Paintball as the markers (no matter how you do it) will never look as realistic as airsoft due to the hopper. The only markers which look realistic are the RAP4 ones, even then they have hoppers.

Much more comfortable to endorse as it is also more mainstream and seen by the public as a sport rather than playing soldiers.

I dont mean to offend anyone by that as it is just my opinion on how Good Ol' Boris could look at it.
            First I would like to say I personally adore Boris Johnson and his child like sense of wonder

Secondly there are several kits out now for most Tippmann markers which allow them to be magazine fed and the gas stored in the stock, making them look just as realistic as airsoft but without the licencing from major gun manufactures

Comment

Paintball is mainstream, been around for years, popular

Airsoft is as underground as you like..get used to it

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
                First I would like to say I personally adore Boris Johnson and his child like sense of wonder

Secondly there are several kits out now for most Tippmann markers which allow them to be magazine fed and the gas stored in the stock, making them look just as realistic as airsoft but without the licencing from major gun manufactures
                I agree he is great.

And I disagree, the TIPPMANN logo is one give away, and the receiver is the entirely wrong shape.

RAP4 conversion kit for the TIPPMANN A5;

Simply awful, Gas still has to be attached to the pistol grip and still hopper fed. A toddler could tell you that wasn't real, which is why Boris prefers Paintball... and the mainstream bit lol
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                  Airsoft is as underground as you like..get used to it
                  I think it's because people see it as being somewhat childish and fail to understand how awesome it is.....but that's the way I like it.....tight knit community :D

I am sure there are other reasons but like I said, that's the way I like it

Comment

Yeh, Boris loves us at Delta Force!

Comment

A bit of positive press about our war games for once, even if it is paintball!

Comment

Simply awful, Gas still has to be attached to the pistol grip and still hopper fed. A toddler could tell you that wasn't real, which is why Boris prefers Paintball... and the mainstream bit lol
                        I wouldn't jump to that conclusion myself... Your average Joe probably won't have seen a real gun, so when Joe gets that pointed in his face, I'm sure he'd be convinced it was a real gun. As would your average old dear at the corner shop counter.

Also, if it were to be used to threaten someone, I'm sure it would be done without the hopper and the gas tank, as shooting it would probably give away that it's not a real gun.

To us airsofters and gun-nuts, we can easily tell that it isn't a real gun, due to the nature of our weapons being a lot more realistic looking.

However, I do think that this article is in our favour, it's definitely good to have some positive publicity to the wargame sport area, even if it is in the form of paintball!

Comment

I thought this would more or less generally be the consensus

You're right, I too love Boris! (which is what drew me to the article) I find it amazing how someone so childlike could make it so high up in parlement.

Do we think that airsoft is as good for the country? Could it ever be?
                          Signature Removed

Comment

I agree he is great.

And I disagree, the TIPPMANN logo is one give away, and the receiver is the entirely wrong shape.

Yeah cos my missus straight away saw that as a paint ball gun!? Not.
                            There are better ones out there as well, my mate has an M4 paintball marker and externally there is nothing to giveaway it's a paintball marker other than the Beowulf sized barrel. I'm sorry but to some or most crossman means nothing to them, it looks like a gun so therefor it is a gun is what most general public think.
                            Back on topic, if Boris Johnson was to see the fashion of which we keep our sport safe and sees the respect to the law nearly all of us show (there are a few idiots out there) then I'm sure he would be impressed.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I can't belive you lot swearing so much, saying the P word! Tut tut shame on you :D
                              Originally posted by Tiercel
                              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Major just loving airsoft. Find out more about Major
                              Working...
                              X