Best sort of sight for an m4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sort of sight for an m4?

Hey guys, i'm at a bit of a roadblock here, im not sure what sight i should add to my m4, i was looking at the kings arms laser sight they have for sale at zeroone (the one like you get in cod4) but i was wondering if either an hurricane eotech or acog (the 110quider one from zeroone) was worth the extra cash? Im trying to give the gun a spec ops feel, but at the same time want it to perform well. Not sure what to do. suggestions?
    TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Re: Best sort of sight for an m4?

go with what you like best, as im guessing there all red dot so preform in the same way so its solely on looks

Comment

The ACOG has 3x magnification I think, so in that respect its slightly different.
      And if you're talking about the King Arms reflex, I would recommend it as its very bright, the different reticules are nice and it gives you a very good field of view as you keep both eyes open

ACOGs look muuuuccchhh better on M4s though IMO.
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

IMHO I think you should go for the King Arms. A friend of mine had one on his M-4 and it looked the mutt's. ACOGs dont look right, only really fit on M-16s. Again, this is all purely my opinion.

Comment

perform well? with all the aspects that effect the trajectory of a bb, a scope on an aeg is for looks mate, go with what you think looks best, but if your relying on a scope to see where your shots land, try a nice set of glasses lol

Dont break the bank, they look sweet, but you can bet your bottom dollar, whilst your squinting down a x3, a noob is spraying and preying you out of your sight arc!

Comment

iron sights ftw

Comment

too right!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bull View Post
                iron sights ftw
                +1 from me
                Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
                Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
                2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

Before Buying ANY Optics you must think about the ranges you are going to be playing at. If Its CQB Then stick with Iron Sights as you can sometimes be unfortunate enough to get your £100 Eotech Smashed/Cracked which is the last thing you want happening.
                  Primary Weapons - A&K SVD (With PS01)| JG MP5 SD6| G&P M16A3 With M203
                  Side Arms - TM MP7A1
                  Gear - Woodland DPM and DUC.
                  Site - CQB Scotland

Comment

Spec Ops feel... How about a simple Aimpoint?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

personally id recommend the ACOG if for woodland - really useful kit for scouting ahead and seeing what's what... also you can actually see the bbs bounce of your opponent which is quite satisfying

i also recommend the G&P acog over the star - has brilliant crystal clear optics

over medium ranges or inside then either the eotech or king arms red dot - they allow clear vision and you can keep both eyes open on the target

i actually own all 3 of these and interchange depending on the enviroment and style of weapon the sight will look best on

EDIT - agreed with the aimpoint - very nice sight unit and looks sweet on m4s too
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ACOG
                        EoTech
                        Aimpoint

nothing else!
                        Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

+1 i have a G&P aimpoint and it looks lovely on my G&P m4 custom
                          Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

ACOG with built in iron sight for CQB

Comment

NO wait

changed my answer

acog with doctor sight on top - you can use your iron sights through the acog (there's a hole in it the mount )- use the acog 4x and use the doctor on top for quick aiming with open eyes
                              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonmtchll I like airsoft. Find out more about simonmtchll
                              Working...
                              X