Do .25g BB's make a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do .25g BB's make a difference?

Yes they do, from experience I can say that they give you a little extra range, accuracy and stability.

Comment

Ive gone from budget .20's to BB King .25's and there is a marked improvement in range and to a certain extent better accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
        I hate it when the wind blows away my balls so yeah .25`s or even .30`s for outside mid to long range shooting for sure.

.20`s for spraying and preying
        Start wearing trousers then :D
        Back on topic, they are a lot better. Though I do still use .20 for CQB
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

well, i play CQB, with a top tech gng m16, (so that same gun as you) and im using the .25's and trust me its waaaay better than .20's my gun spits out .20's at 350, but when i use the .25's im spitting out at 330-340. so yeah its great. i use zero-ones bbs. dunno if there all that but hey there doing a job for me.
          Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Definitely. I compared 0.25 to 0.30 BBs too and found the 0.30 ones flew more accurately outdoors (noticeably) but the 0.25 BBs still had more range. For an AEG/pistol I'd say 0.25 is ideal

Comment

i never use .2s any more .25s is the standard
              sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

I always seam to put .20`s in my aeg`s but might start going with .25`s now or atleast .25`s in my gas gear and when I play outside
                sigpic
                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Yeah, I've found that in GBBRs and gas snipers (not so much in gas pistols... barrel length plays more part in the gas system) that 0.30g BBs are superior to 0.25g BBs. But for AEG or gas pistol then it's 0.25g :-)

Comment

there was a test done a fair few years ago now (which i can't remember the company that did it for the life of me...) which showed that in a 1J AEG, .28's were the "optimum" weight of a bb, if i remember correctly they tested everything from .12's to .43's and all sorts of different makes
                    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I even run 0.3g bbs in my px4 used to run 0.25g but find that the little bit better accuracy makes all the difference. When I fist stated airsoft used 0.2g bbs for the cost effective ness against being a new player who at the time shot at nething that moved and did waste alot of ammo but since moving to a gbbr the cost of 3g or 0.25g bbs to 0.2g bbs is no difference at all as I properly only use about 500bb a whole day now

Comment

I use .2s in everything. Purely because its cheaper to run a bit closer to people than to spend so much money on ammo

Comment

Originally posted by RyanG39c View Post
                          U wont find much of a fps drop running .25g compared to 0.2g I run a g39c on .3g bb on crono in my gun on 0.2g bbs it clocks in at 347fps on 0.3g bb it clocks in at 310fps
                          Is that a gas gun though? Apparently gas + heavier BB's = strange things in FPS terms because of expansion of gas. On a AEG it should drop a lot more.
                          Knowledge is power

Comment

I found 0.23's to be extremely effective with a gun only firing at 330 fps, as you get more accuracy, range, and dont loose too much power

Comment

i to enjoy the minty fresh .23s by excel, they seem perfect for my needs

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                                well, i play CQB, with a top tech gng m16, (so that same gun as you) and im using the .25's and trust me its waaaay better than .20's my gun spits out .20's at 350, but when i use the .25's im spitting out at 330-340.
                                So what you're saying is.. your gun is hot and you shouldnt be using it?

The "lack" of FPS when using a heavier round is only going to be relevant if you are bothered about the slower flight time (in the case of sniping and using very heavy ammo, it actually makes life slightly easier as you can see the ball more easily as it is slower) , the ball still has the same energy as a lighter one, but tends to be less effected by wind and other factors. In my experience (purely anecdotal mind you) the heavier rounds sting a bit more when they hit skin, which may/may not matter to you.

On gas guns you will generally get a net increase in energy of the round the heavier you go, as the round stays longer in the barrel gaining energy from the expanding gas, which can help if your pistol or what-have-you is a little anaemic, but again be aware of your site power limits.

Personally I tend to run .2s in my AEGs, and .25s in my pistols.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                                Working...
                                X