Seller Dispatch Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seller Dispatch Time

I just find it strange he hasnt left feedback when I paid when I said I would, pissed me of a bit tbh

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Luckily the last item I got paid for, I stopped eating my lunch, grabbed the nearest jiffy bag and was in the car (still trying to get my shoes on at this point) doing 80mph down the high street before the notification email had even hit the inbox. Got there just in time to catch the next day delivery, but had forgot my wallet to had to trade in my car (it was going to get towed for being on the double yellows outside the post office anyway) to make sure the package was off in time.

Still only got a neutral feedback as the seller paid on Monday 13:27, but did not get the item until almost 11:00 on the Tuesday.
      Now thats dedication....lmao

Comment

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ok now i`m calm, well said Rif arrived today, still no word from seller and now I know why, posted 1st class standard parcel and arrived with the trigger guard held on with pop rivets.
        sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

7 days. Some of us have jobs to do, cant get time off work to go to the post office, live in the country, need to sort things out, have emergencies which are more important than a whinging idiot. You have 45 days for paypal claims, so its not as if there is a major issue with getting money back if scammed.
          Some people need to realise here that we cant all just jump to their every whim.
          Saying that though, if i buy something off somebody and they say they will post it, it is only polite to inform said buyer if they cannot ship it when they say they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwilly View Post
            1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ok now i`m calm, well said Rif arrived today, still no word from seller and now I know why, posted 1st class standard parcel and arrived with the trigger guard held on with pop rivets.
            Did they not show up in pictures?...it does amaze how people think someone would let something like this slide,good luck sorting it..and std parcel

Comment

No, pictures only showed the sides, 4 bolts, dremel and blueing pen and its fixed. Does make me think twice about buying from low number posters and feedbackers. live and learn.
              sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

In an ideal world, I always try for next working day. In reality, 3-5 working days, I work 3 jobs and my shifts are all over the place, some weeks I work 20 hours, the next week Im working 70 or more. I have no idea when my next day off will be but I always make an effort or let the seller know.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                  Why thank you sir :D

I havent had any problems of late because i am very careful who i deal with latley, but have in the past come across the good old seller that suddeny looses the ability to type and walk the second my money hits their Paypal accounts, and its not a nice feeling sitting there wondering if you have just lost £x to a scammer, only for the goods to hit the mat over a week later
                  This is the problem Im having recenetely... even had it with a few high ranking peep on here!!

one told me for well over two weeks it had been sent, and was searching for the tracking number... when it did finally turn up, it had the day before date on the stamp... fair enough if you cant get to the post office that easily, but its nice to be informed!

plus, I always leave feedback as soon as I get the item, even the above got positive.... but most peep dont bother to leave feedback and have to be chased for it.... arrggghhh
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I have only ever had 1 instance where i was waiting more than 1 week for an item. And that was when parcel force sent the package to the wrong depot.

Even traders ive used with low ratings (I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt) have been incredibly efficient with sending stuff out.

I admit its pot luck, but when everyone gets to stuff to you quickly it always make me want to send stuff quickly.

For example, I sold something Tuesday night and last nite. Im sending them both off today.

Its also a load off your mind when you have sent it, thats why i waste as little time as possible.

Comment

Communication is the key. My job precludes me going to the post office on anything other than a Saturday 90% of the time and my friends and relatives also work. But I always make people aware of this, and get it sent as soon as physically possible. Sometimes I get lucky and someone can take it, sometimes I'll be on a late shift/weekend shift and I can take it myself. But if it has to wait, I'm the first to say so. I don't wait till I'm asked. I volunteer the information freely. Otherwise the only person you're hurting is yourself.

I take a great deal of pride in making sure all my dealings with people are honest, genuine, and above reproach. I also like to make sure everything is packed within an inch of it's life. I'd rather pay a little more out of my end to make sure it's properly packed. It may be a few quid extra, but it's worth it for my peace of mind, and for my customers satisfaction. Better to arrive a little bigger/heavier/later, than arrive within 48hrs in bits. And I hope everyone I've dealt with has understood and appreciated my philosophy. My feedback would so far suggest that, which I'm happy about.

"Do as you would be done by" greatly applies to this situation. And also to have realistic expections. Both buyer and seller. Even the greatest commercial and logistical firms in the world can get it wrong. Why expect greater from an honest private seller? That said, people who deliberately defraud and deceive people should be hung from the nearest church steeple by their genitals...
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I think 7-15 days at the absolute upper limit is acceptable.
                        I am a sniper--bulletballs.com

Comment

Originally posted by zhangyy_1985 View Post
                          I think 7-15 days at the absolute upper limit is acceptable.
                          You are joking there right????
                          So your saying your happy for a seller to hold on to your item for UP TO 15 days before posting?!?!

Comment

I put 3 days on the original poll question, but wholeheartedly agree that as long as I am informed then a short delay can be accommodated.
                            However, someone who said nothing took my money then takes 1-2 weeks to send would not be my favourite person.

I have only come into airsofting this year, and only joined the forum this month, however, that does not mean that I am a cheat/do not stick to my word etc.
                            I recently sold/bought and traded some stuff here on the forum, here are my experiences:

1. Had a pair of MTP combat trousers and an MTP Ubacs for sale, agreed trade on Ubacs and sale of combats to another buyer - we agreed to meet at War & Peace a week or so later, kept in touch and confirmed would be there on the Thurs as would the seller. Called him several times no answer! He text me later saying his money hadn't worked out and he could now buy the item!
                            2. The Ubacs was traded for some mags, we agreed a postage day - the other member was cautious as I had no feedback/trader history, got him to look at my 'e b a y' account, which has nearly 700 positive feedback on it. We agreed a date to post and I then awaited my items. I received feedback a couple of days later - I waited and started to worry, also a touch annoyed as no sign of my items a week later!
                            The items eventually turned up on the 29th July and the post mark showed they had been posted the same day I received feedback, so not exactly as agreed but the main delay was with the post office 10 days to deliver a first class parcel!

3 & 4. both items sold by me, I received feedback and confirmation messages to confirm receipt - great.

4. Buy an item and pay for it on 28th July - still waiting for item today.
                            No idea what the reason for delay it - buyer, carrier?????

Not sure what yu guys think but not the best of experiences to date, but most of the delays so far have been down to the poor efforts of the post office!

Chris
                            'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

People get arsey with me when i say i wont post items. Is that so wrong?

I do it that way because then:
                              1) People can see what they are getting
                              2) They can see any problems highlighted
                              3) They can prove everything works
                              4) No delays in the post
                              5) If im buying, i can check everything
                              6) No issues later on because everybody gets the best out of the deal

Classic example. I arranged to sell a GBB Scar to a bloke at GZ. We caught up with each other in the morning, showed him the gun, had a banter, sold gun, took cash, happy days. Later in the day, i went back to the bloke and asked him if everything was alright. Turned out the mags for the gun had a bit of a problem with the seating of the valves, meaning the gas wouldnt push the bolt back enough. After having a chat with the bloke, i arranged to take the faulty mags back, and gave the bloke some of his cash back. You cant do something like that through the post without problems. Thankfully, on this occasion, i managed to speak to the guy, resolve all the problems, and my customer had total satisfaction. In my mind, that is a good seller. If i had sent it in the post, then then problems that would of occured in this could of been awkward.

It took me a LONG time before i trusted people to post items to me, and even now i only really do it with people i know well, in real life, or who have an excellent trader rating.

The reason i dont post being i work till 5pm everyday and cant just 'nip' to the post office.

Comment

Not posting is the sellers perogative end of story.
                                If its in the advert "collection only" and the person looking at said advert doesent like it they move on.

What i will say is it can seriously harm your chances of a sale.

If i could have collection on all of my sales id be one very happy bunny, you get to meet some great people through face to face sales/swaps and i have.

As far as problems arising from distance sales goes you just have to be reasonable, if a buyer takes one of my guns to a skirmish and it breaks he either gets the price of repair back or a full refund no problems.

But if it packs up after hes made it into a 60rps monster or modified it in anyway then tough tit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wargasm Find out more about Wargasm
                                Working...
                                X