• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Importing RIFs from abroad

All the retailer put on the box was: UKARA # BAM*****

And it got through with no problems
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

you may well have just been lucky enough to not have your parcel stopped by hmrc just becuase you but your site membership number on the outside of the box and bam it got through does not meen it was checked be hmrc or they understood what a ukara number is or corrispond's to.
      Did you receive any charge's?

Comment

I've just ordered one from along way away yesterday, fingers crossed it gets here for the weekender if at all. Let you know when/if it arrives and what charges were incurred.
        sigpic

LIFE is FUBAR

Comment

Originally posted by MUCKYMICK View Post
          you may well have just been lucky enough to not have your parcel stopped by hmrc just becuase you but your site membership number on the outside of the box and bam it got through does not meen it was checked be hmrc or they understood what a ukara number is or corrispond's to.
          Did you receive any charge's?
          Sure did, £120.62
          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

What is the percentage charge that you can expect to pay on an import out of interest?
            sigpic

LIFE is FUBAR

Comment

Originally posted by wozza View Post
              What is the percentage charge that you can expect to pay on an import out of interest?
              The best way is to get the total ( with P&P ) and what you should pay is 20% of that total

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                Sure did, £120.62
                well that is very odd as i have had many conversation's with custom's officer over the phone and they have told me they are only interested in that the importer has valid site membership or is a current airsoft skirmisher and that the site they are a member/player of has insurance ,hmrc have no way of checking the ukara database as they have no access to it and that the ukara scheme has no influance on weather or not a person can buy and import a rif as it only applies to uk retailer's.It is you site membership or proof that you are a skirmisher that is a defence to buy not weather you are on the ukara database or not.

Was the invoice on your order clearly showing it was an airsoft weapon that was being imported or was it marked toy or some thing else that would not have cuased it to be stopped showing the price paid as they would not have stopped it if it was incorrectly declared and just calculated what charge's you had to pay.

Comment

Im about to get myself a SOCOM and having to import it, its £400-£450 worth of gun, so would like to be very sure of the import process! Is the 20% before or AFTER shipping charges? Im looking at a $90 shipping charge, which will obviously change the 20% value quite a lot!

Heres the maths Ive got:

Gun = $485 - 20% = $97
                  Shipping = $90 - 20% = $18
                  Grand Total = $485 + $90 + $97 + $18 = $690

$690 into £ is £419

£419 + £14 courier Fee

= More expensive than it is here? is that normal/usual?

Comment

Its import charges thats why mate, think the shops here get it wholesale price and then they sell it on baring the margins are acceptable and so is the current exchange rate.

When it comes to individual items being bought you pay their price and not the whole sale as your not buying in bulk because it wouldnt be worth it to the distributor to sell one of 24.

This is my experience for being one of the main people in my dads delis and resturant and im sure the same applies to AEG as its still an international import.

and before anyone says food and wine cant come near the cost of airsoft stuff trying telling that to me when i had to personally find a 4000 pound bottle of wine for a customer of ours.
                    If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
                    Working...
                    X