Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius (PTW)

Ladies!

Just trawling zeroone because i don't have a girlfriend, and came across something interesting which i haven't seen before.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6008

I've seen the CTW on here before but never have i seen it recorded as a PTW

What do you guys think?

It's reported to have all the same functions and should function in the exact same way, with all parts interchangeable.

Can it really be as good as the systema for a fraction of the price? (trigger response/strip down/build quality)
    Would you buy it?

I'm also not sure where this should go, it might me a new arrival.
    I'm also looking for a little bit of advice on them.
    But really i was hoping for some general discussion on them.
    Signature Removed

Re: Celcius (PTW)

Google them....

Basicy you get what you pay for at end of day.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedy View Post
      Google them....

Basicy you get what you pay for at end of day.
      To an extent. Though I'd take JG parts over Shitstema any day.

I've heard the CTW takes a fair bit of work to get it to really perform. In the end I think it's worth it though because it doesn't start out as a total POS they just need a bit of TLC to bring the performance levels up to scratch. If you're up for a bit of research and modding I'd say it's a worth while purchase, though only if you're after the PTW features in an AEG. Also they aren't fully Systema compatible if you want to use those parts for whatever reason. Really I'd just get a GBBR or a SOPMOD or something. Way less hassle.
      Last edited by Robin-Hood; 9 August, 2011, 15:51.

Comment

To be fair systemas need a bit of TLC to work properly anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
          Ladies!

Just trawling zeroone because i don't have a girlfriend, and came across something interesting which i haven't seen before.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6008

I've seen the CTW on here before but never have i seen it recorded as a PTW

What do you guys think?

It's reported to have all the same functions and should function in the exact same way, with all parts interchangeable.

Can it really be as good as the systema for a fraction of the price? (trigger response/strip down/build quality)
          Would you buy it?

I'm also not sure where this should go, it might me a new arrival.
          I'm also looking for a little bit of advice on them.
          But really i was hoping for some general discussion on them.
          That's because you don't own a systema JK but seriously don't it's like comparing a sportsline classic army to a TM sopmod in terms of quality.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
          You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
          Kid has issues

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
            To an extent. Though I'd take JG parts over Shitstema any day.

I've heard the CTW takes a fair bit of work to get it to really perform. In the end I think it's worth it though because it doesn't start out as a total POS they just need a bit of TLC to bring the performance levels up to scratch. If you're up for a bit of research and modding I'd say it's a worth while purchase, though only if you're after the PTW features in an AEG. Also they aren't fully Systema compatible if you want to use those parts for whatever reason. Really I'd just get a GBBR or a SOPMOD or something. Way less hassle.
            The v3 is fantastic out the box.
            Ive recently got my hands on one and it is great, accurate (like silly accurate), good range and has all the functions of the Systema just in a cheaper package.
            The trigger response is great with the correct battery and it has that 'unique' sound, very very quiet but with a positive thwack from the piston translating in to muzzle report, very little other noise from it.
            It takes all the Systema parts including aftermarket mods.
            If you are after a PTW (Systema) then save some money and get one of these (the v3 version), half the price, performs really well out the box, its also totally 11.1 15-25C LiPo safe out the box too.
            Apparently according to one review I saw it has a 6.00mm inner barrel but Id say its closer to 6.01 stainless steel inner barrel.
            I love mine to bits.
            However I can say, if you put the money into an AEG you can still get the trigger response and accuracy with the correct upgrades.
            Id say had it not been a swap, I wouldnt have bought it (or a systema), it doesnt give you that much of an advantage.
            For realism, Id say get a GBBR, for long term reliabilty may be a TM SOPMOD, although the cost isnt that much difference if you can find these. But for straight out the box performance and compatability with real steel parts (like stocks) if that spins your props then get one of these.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Good to know Sean, last time I checked up on the CTW (MX2) people were saying Systema Cylinders wouldn't actually fit properly.

Comment

I did just see a review for the Celsius V3

and he swears down that it is perfect! (a splat of air)

he did say that it was a near as 6.00mm inner barrel which does mean that you need to use VERY high quality BBs to make it reliable, but if you have the money then you probably will have the money and foresight to buy decent BBs .

He also says that they are FULLY systema interchangeable, and that the pistons will fit.

however on the actual swap over reviews that i saw, the ctw had a noticeably slower rof , that is compared to the ptw.
                but this could surely be down simply to the motor or the battery being used.

i think with a nice SHS high speed motor or something like that and a 11.1v lipo you have yourself a cracking weapon which is highly accurate and hugely versatile (what with the cylinder).

I'm seriously looking at getting one of these.

It's a fraction of the cost and supposedly just as good.
                Signature Removed

Comment

Double Posted.
                  Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                    I did just see a review for the Celsius V3

and he swears down that it is perfect! (a splat of air)

he did say that it was a near as 6.00mm inner barrel which does mean that you need to use VERY high quality BBs to make it reliable, but if you have the money then you probably will have the money and foresight to buy decent BBs .

He also says that they are FULLY systema interchangeable, and that the pistons will fit.

however on the actual swap over reviews that i saw, the ctw had a noticeably slower rof , that is compared to the ptw.
                    but this could surely be down simply to the motor or the battery being used.

i think with a nice SHS high speed motor or something like that and a 11.1v lipo you have yourself a cracking weapon which is highly accurate and hugely versatile (what with the cylinder).

I'm seriously looking at getting one of these.

It's a fraction of the cost and supposedly just as good.
                    Just as a note, normal AEG spares are not compatable, and the downside is what there is is quite expensive to buy, I used mine on a 9.6 NiMh a short while ago as I was waiting for my charger, its rate of fire was about right for an M4, but normally I use it on an 11.1 20C lipo and its pretty epic.
                    As for the cylinders from Systema, some of them wont fit, you need the M4A1 cylinders and nothing else.
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      As for the cylinders from Systema, some of them wont fit, you need the M4A1 cylinders and nothing else.
                      So only a SYSTEMA M4A1 cylinder will fit in a Celcius CTW, regardles of the Celcius CTW model? (M16A1 ect..)
                      Signature Removed

Comment

I wrote that badly, only the cylinder for each type, so M16A1 for an M16A1, M4A1 for M4A1 ect ect.

Comment

Ah Okay! I took it as you meant it, then thought that you could have meant what I wrote.

Well that is to be expected surely!? If so, that's a good thing? direct product compatibility?
                          Signature Removed

Comment

Hmmm...Interesting stuff. Wonders if I will have a spare 600 or so quid anytime soon.

ROF really depends on who did the work for you, I NEVER use high speed motors in my guns, only high torque and I don't know many who have out built us for out right speed or trigger response.

One thing I will say though is that within the next couple of months, I will build a gun that will out do the PTW market on all levels in game. Well apart from bolt stop. Not techinal aspects, like take down cylinder change etc.

They are not particularly high rof, nor rapid trigger response, but tuned properly they do still have the edge over most aeg's for distance.

If you refute the speed or trigger response all I will say is that you have not seen a properly tuned AEG. Even some of the 7.4's I have put together will outdo the ptw's.

You must also remember that bb's are manufactured at less than 6.00mm.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yeah, I KNEW you would have something to say about the Highspeed motor remark Midas
                              You know what i mean, with a few simple upgrades you have a systema type ptw, without the huge cost and troubling tackleberry

Agreed, but for someone like me who doesn't have the time or the knowhow to fettle all evening with an AEG, and they want the bolt stop and quick change cylinder, this has got to be a win win?

And on the BB front, you never know? i have bought BBs with tolerances of +/- 0.3mm, that's going to seriously fudge up your barrel if it's a 6.00mm? But with any AEG I'm sure you can agree, your accuracy is only as good as the BBs you're using.
                              Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Major just loving airsoft. Find out more about Major
                              Working...
                              X