• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celcius (PTW)

A systema cylinder will fit inside a celcius and work but not vice versa

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
      Hmmm...Interesting stuff. Wonders if I will have a spare 600 or so quid anytime soon.

ROF really depends on who did the work for you, I NEVER use high speed motors in my guns, only high torque and I don't know many who have out built us for out right speed or trigger response.

One thing I will say though is that within the next couple of months, I will build a gun that will out do the PTW market on all levels in game. Well apart from bolt stop. Not techinal aspects, like take down cylinder change etc.

They are not particularly high rof, nor rapid trigger response, but tuned properly they do still have the edge over most aeg's for distance.

If you refute the speed or trigger response all I will say is that you have not seen a properly tuned AEG. Even some of the 7.4's I have put together will outdo the ptw's.

You must also remember that bb's are manufactured at less than 6.00mm.
      I completely agree with you, my LR300 on LiPo, even a 9.6 out does most systemas and CTWs for trigger response, I think thats down to the active braking mosfet which helps massively with performance.
      My Celcius is straight out the box and performs very well and on the proper batteries has a realistic rate of fire, the motors as standard however are quite good and very torqy, it cronos very very steadily as well, I use excel BBs in it and it was absolutely fine, Ill try some blasters at some point as well and update with how it goes with those.

@Major, dont worry mate, I read it back and realised Id written it badly so it was an easy misunderstanding.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Agreed and if I had the money to spare I would have a Systema. I'm not knocking them one bit.

I think that Systema area 1000 parts are a complete rip off, but the guns themselves are different. If these come somewhere close to the same performance of the ptw then they have to be worth the money.

I play with all my guns so time is my own. But the cost of getting someone commisioned to turn a basic gun into something that out performs the Systema would be quite horrific. That is presuming they had the knowledge to do so in the first place.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
          A systema cylinder will fit inside a celcius and work but not vice versa
          I've seen a video which would argue otherwise

Turns out the video is by a retailer, but the video is called

Celcius CTW 07-2009 Ver. & PTW Compatibility Test

and is found on youtube.

Oh Really Midas? Give a rough estimate for say, a JG G36c, i'm talking poorly shimmed over greased, the works. What would that cost you? you know you could do it. (This is like inception, the idea is there, you're going to do it sooner or later )
          Last edited by Major; 10 August, 2011, 00:14. Reason: added video info.
          Signature Removed

Comment

Pm me it please. this is what ive read when trawling through the reviews. I May be wrongt though

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              I completely agree with you, my LR300 on LiPo, even a 9.6 out does most systemas and CTWs for trigger response, I think thats down to the active braking mosfet which helps massively with performance.
              My Celcius is straight out the box and performs very well and on the proper batteries has a realistic rate of fire, the motors as standard however are quite good and very torqy, it cronos very very steadily as well, I use excel BBs in it and it was absolutely fine, Ill try some blasters at some point as well and update with how it goes with those.

@Major, dont worry mate, I read it back and realised Id written it badly so it was an easy misunderstanding.
              Deffo interested to see how it performs. Particularly after the bashing the previous models got.
              Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                Agreed and if I had the money to spare I would have a Systema. I'm not knocking them one bit.

I think that Systema area 1000 parts are a complete rip off, but the guns themselves are different. If these come somewhere close to the same performance of the ptw then they have to be worth the money.

I play with all my guns so time is my own. But the cost of getting someone commisioned to turn a basic gun into something that out performs the Systema would be quite horrific. That is presuming they had the knowledge to do so in the first place.
                I think systemas are great performers once theyve been tweaked but at 1100 quid, should it need tweaking?
                The v3 Celcius I think has improved in certain aspects with less of the issues but I still find the price a little hard to swallow, but mine was a swap so that side for me isnt an issue. I would recomend them instead of systema if thats the route you wanna go, but as a new gun to play with, then Id be inclined to say get a Sopmod or a good AEG at half the price and do some upgrading, it still works out cheaper and performs nearly as well minus maybe the range and a little accuracy.
                That was the bit that impressed me the most, single shots through a 3 inch gap between 2 tree branches at 40-45m but going on much further than that.

As a sidenote, Midas you use experience and knowledge to upgrade your guns which goes a long way to know what works, I however guessed, and it worked quite well indeed.
                Vid link, excuse the untidy battery arrangement at the time.
                This is my guessed parts LR300
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN1An7muw3s
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I think systemas are great performers once theyve been tweaked but at 1100 quid, should it need tweaking?
                  The v3 Celcius I think has improved in certain aspects with less of the issues but I still find the price a little hard to swallow, but mine was a swap so that side for me isnt an issue. I would recomend them instead of systema if thats the route you wanna go, but as a new gun to play with, then Id be inclined to say get a Sopmod or a good AEG at half the price and do some upgrading, it still works out cheaper and performs nearly as well minus maybe the range and a little accuracy.
                  That was the bit that impressed me the most, single shots through a 3 inch gap between 2 tree branches at 40-45m but going on much further than that.

As a sidenote, Midas you use experience and knowledge to upgrade your guns which goes a long way to know what works, I however guessed, and it worked quite well indeed.
                  Vid link, excuse the untidy battery arrangement at the time.
                  This is my guessed parts LR300
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN1An7muw3s
                  I fully agree with you and if your Celsius works like that out of the box, is it really much more expensive than a more standard say G and P fully upgraded.

It would apear a no brainer, even for some of the more technically minded amonst us. Afterall we need a bench mark to work from, so if we can out do that kind of performance we are doing ok. Which is why I would have a Systema so I can push myself that little bit more to out do it. The only thing i am lacking a little is distance at the minute but I now have that in my grasp. I just have to prove it...lol.

There are some pretty technicaly advanced guns on this forum, some being talked about on far more technically able forums. Which is quite pleasing. We are talking guys who are able to build JG's to out perform Systemas. They don't have the fps limits we do so distance can be achieved.

I'm fairly sure I have watched that vid befor...just had another chuckle at it. You have a natural camera ability. Me I struggle I hate being in front of a camera. But anyone who can get a gun to run reliably on an 11.1 and last is doing ok. Speed is only ever a bigger battery away.
                  Gun tech.

Comment

For £1100 should it really need anything? personally i think it should have GPS, a phone, a toaster and a spotter with it.

£1100 is a LOT of money for a AEG that still needs tweaking.

Hence my search for a cheaper alternative.
                    Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Major just loving airsoft. Find out more about Major
                    Working...
                    X