Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Ramifications of enforcing invisible/dark bb's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ramifications of enforcing invisible/dark bb's.

I was just considering somewhere like Anzio. BUT cqb with trusted players as stated would probably work quite well. I'm still not so sure I would want to rely on them though.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I had the misfortune of using some Green blasters, It ruined my day, i couldn't see if i was getting max range or if my hop needed setting, i think i got 3 kills and that's it.

Comment

Had exactly that did a chap the courtesy of shooting him with my side arm to be advised by him i had not hit him because he didnt see it although he later admitted the strange stinging sensation in his leg had to come from somewhere.

In the end it comes down to how honest people want to be against what they think they can get away with. So body mass, double tap to body mass, nuts or neck thereafter.
        Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
        Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
        Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

I think this is another one of those occasions when it's important to remember that there is a difference between milsims and open days.

Not everyones up for such high level or realisms as others.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I could probably sum it up in three words...lol.

Best of luck!
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I honestly would see no problem with this heck I would be up for giving it a go! Sounds like a bit of fun. That said I would only want to do it for an event and not regularly. Done correctly this could make a really good event although it is really relying on honesty.

Comment

I've used green TOP 0.20, I am considering buying some more.
                My personal choice of trying them was based on woodland skirmishes back in Portugal, where we often made sneak attacks to be ruined by the white pellet being seen "miles" away.
                While on CQB it doesn't have the same big effect as in woodland, it does help a bit as the dark color makes the receiving end need a little more to discern where the threat is.

In terms of accuracy or ease of eliminate the opfor, I didn't have any major problems adapting to it. The first lowcap was my "adjusting time", and since I have dispensed a considerable time to zero a T1 aimpoint, changing the colors of the bb was effortless.
                I didn't see any significant difference in percentage of hit/miss between them, even though I couldn't (or barely could) see the trajectory.

This is my experience.

Anyway, as for the OP - enforcing those bbs would be idiotic in anything except milsim. And even in milsims I would think it would be too much. imo
                Last edited by Portnoy; 13 August, 2011, 23:43.
                My youtube channel

Comment

Can't see the problem with using dark bbs really. If you've zeroed your sight and know what your max effective range is then you just need the confidence in knowing your rounds are hitting the Mark. It's down to the other guys honesty to declare him self dead so if he's not then your gonna be left frustrated whatever you do. I do like the thought of remaining hidden when engaging op-for as if they can't see where the rounds are coming from it leads to confusion and ultimately more kills for you. However we should all have the right to choose what colour bbs we want to use period
                  "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

They aren't all bad. I've used green 0.36 sniper ammo and black 0.25 regular ammo in my other guns...

I find for AEGs, they can be a pain- everyone over estimates their range on their primary... admit it.
                    Snipers, with having perfect eyesight (might I say so myself), I can see a Black/Green BB tearing through the woodland- it's not as easy to watch as a white one, but your position isn't given away if you miss... no?

However, in pistols and shotguns, black BBs are wonderful! They give you a little more stealth, which I need if I am to achieve a kill with them in woodland.

Enforcing the idea is ridiculous. But I find mixing 1/3 white BBs with 2/3 Black BBs, by your own choice, a cheap "Day-Time Tracer"...

EDIT: I wonder if CLEAR BBs exist? Would they be easier to see than dark BBs, but also easier to see from the recipient's point of view? (...either that or completely invisible?)
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it's a bloody good idea. If people are worried about tracking their shots etc, treat white BB's as traeers mixed into your black ammo. Problem solved.

Would force people to be more tactical and sneaky. I like it.

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

Damn, wish I could type. Tracers.....

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

Have to say my view about dark bb's is a positive one. It would mean you would have to set up your gear by the sites, so you aim down them when you make your shots. This would add more realism in to the game and stop those random bursts of constant fire leading to white streams of white bb's. On the plus side this might even save you money on ammo costs.

I have tried them once and found it tricky to start with, as my dot scope was not set up correctly. Something you would have to continue to practice with for a while to get used to. That might put off a lot of players who are just so used to hip firing or point, fire and adjust the stream of pellets.

So dark pellets may be more for the mil sim sites.
                          Sig by Kodiak

In memory to the old team, Trojans.
                          Now part of Snow Leopards.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iNK Find out more about iNK
                          Working...
                          X