Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too good to be true?

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
    To the OP, I would say go for it, worst case the kit brakes and you put the stock internals back in. Its not a lot of money after all
    Got to agree with this. It is, after all, only for a toy. If you get some please post up a reveiw, be interesting to see how good or bad they are. These could be a good allternative for those on a limited budget.

Comment

Honestly don't bother. It's mainly made of cast metal. So is going to wear just as much as the stock parts. The spring guide is cast metal, with no bearing.

The piston as you can see from the inside is full of burrs and also made from pot metal.

The box itself looks to be made of zinc alloy. Doesn't look very well put together at all

Comment

Yeah, I decided to just pay the extra and get quality parts from the UK, I'd rather pay alot of money for my upgrades now and never have to repair them, than buy cheap and buy eve n more.
        A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

Why not order the same parts from the HK shop even with postage and Tax (if you get hit with it) they still work out cheaper than rip off UK prices.

Comment

Because you can trawl through forums and often find a peach of a deal going on for VSR upgrade parts.. I know I did.
            sigpic

Comment

Most of the Parts Ian are out of stock. I had to order my parts from 4 different retailers, and a member on here for 2 parts.

Upgraded VSR's also used to sell for good money. Now they sell for peanuts. I have mine up for sale with a very competitive price. My upgrades alone cost me what i've listed it for if you go for the cheapest bundle. So your getting a free rifle. If i had built this a year ago it would have flown through a sale at that price.

Whereas in this day and age i have very little interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                Most of the Parts Ian are out of stock. I had to order my parts from 4 different retailers, and a member on here for 2 parts.
                True I grant you, but thats more than likely due to the fact they are that much cheaper. Some of the UK prices have 100% mark up which to me is just wrong, over heads or not, I needed a new cylinder and nozzle for my VSR/Kar98 and couldn't believe the prices of the custom bits, I could of bought a real rifle for less than a top quality upgrade. But a very nice man on the Gunman forum came to my rescue and let me have his old TM bits for the price of the postage:D.

Comment

Right, after much deliberation i've gone and ordered this, (needed a new cylinder anyway after stripping threads of the old one). I've chosen standard delivery, so if poeple want to wait, i'll write a review when I get them.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                    They hate you THAT much??.....lol.

There is a person on these forums who does some very nice kits for a lot less than the Laylax and PDI kits. Can't remember his name though as I spoke to him on a different forum.
                    lol

My wife is chinese so her family spend 6 months in the UK then 6 months in hongkong/china. last time I checked she had dual citizenship. She was born over here

Damm I want dual passports, I want a chinese one. I can speak a bit of mandarin/chinese but you have NO chance of getting me to write any!!
                    Even in todays modern era you still get comments about me being with her even though ive been with her for 11 years and since i was 20 and been married for 4 years!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sparticus515 Find out more about Sparticus515
                    Working...
                    X