Problems with gun bought on these forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with gun bought on these forums

Small claims court seems to be your only option, paypal will likely do the old 'you paid for an item, he sent an item' get out clause, in your next paypal message state you intend to proceed with a small claims action (threaten PP if you don't have the sellers address) in small claims he will likely be stuffed due to mis-selling a V1 off as a V2, nevermind the fact it's f***ed.

Comment

Only problemo you have is that paypal do not back the buying and selling of Rifs, so if you push too hard you'll be buggered

EDIT the no name and shame does make me laugh a little, it took me all on 5 seconds to find out who the guy is, well done for giving him neg feedback, a lot don't bother
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
        the no name and shame does make me laugh a little, it took me all on 5 seconds to find out who the guy is, well done for giving him neg feedback, a lot don't bother
        Exactly why we don't need/want name and shame. Neg feedback does the same thing.
        sigpic

Comment

Saw loads of shizzle like this on a Car Forum, lots of suggestions how to stop scammers e.g. minimum post count before allowing sales etc but none of it worked.

Don't know what the answer is except that if laying out a good few hundred £s do it mano a mano.

Comment

Another update for anybody who is interested in my purchase problems following buying a gun that was not as described and not working. (anybody else dont bother to read)

Paypal have found in my favour on this dispute and have even may have credited my account back with the amount that I originally paid (not 100% about this, need to see my cc statment)

The only niggle is that the seller has "appealed" against this decision, and I am uncertain exactly what this means.

So I am only out the cost of the insured tracking postage to send the gun back, and all my time and aggro. Still at least it appears that Paypal buyer protection can perhaps actually work!

Good news

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sandyinlondon Find out more about sandyinlondon
            Working...
            X