0.2g vs 0.25g in a low wind environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0.2g vs 0.25g in a low wind environment

I hear that you get better bullet penetration with a .25, which could help in a CQB environment i guess.
    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajhayter View Post
      It's also very dark, so tracers look AWESOME! Hence deciding between 0.2 and 0.25 tracer rounds. Despite being underground, the extra range does count on this site.
      If were talking tracer rounds then the heavier the are the slower they move the longer the will be under the tracer light and the slower they will fly in the air.

.20`s can make a nice line and really heavy tracer rounds look like a glowing cannon ball.

I`ve played 99% of all my airsoft in the dark so I`ve seen lots of tracer fire.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
        wtf is wrong with me ???

I had a scar on my nose for about 8 months from someone shooting a .30 down at me from above a scar a .20 would not have left.

.20`s slow down faster and do less damage as in cqb their the better choice if you don`t need the extra range and accuracy why pay for it ?

Also if you shoot a heavy enough bb down it wont slow down it may even speed up and that would put you over your site energy limit.
        Ah, appologies, i read about the damage and i assumed that you wanted to cause it, my bad.
        Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
          wtf is wrong with me ???

I had a scar on my nose for about 8 months from someone shooting a .30 down at me from above a scar a .20 would not have left.

.20`s slow down faster and do less damage as in cqb their the better choice if you don`t need the extra range and accuracy why pay for it ?

Also if you shoot a heavy enough bb down it wont slow down it may even speed up and that would put you over your site energy limit.
          I'm glad you're asking that question about yourself....

you do realise that the terminal velocity of a 0.43 BB is approximately 12m/s, so how would it possibly speed up. Stop spouting bullsh*t like that as if you know what you're talking about please.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I just know for sure that heavier bb`s dont slow down faster but your right I guess I never bothered to even think about the maths that`s what I get for assuming
            sigpic

Comment

Here thekonassure, you're missing some of these; ......,,,,,,,'''''---?!?!?!(())&" "

How did we get from a conversation about .2 vs .25g BBs in CQB, to firing down on a player with a .43? Yes it's harsh that you got shot in the nose with a .3, but please put a little more thought (and punctuation) into your posts.
              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                WTF is wrong with you.

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
                I'm glad you're asking that question about yourself....

you do realise that the terminal velocity of a 0.43 BB is approximately 12m/s, so how would it possibly speed up. Stop spouting bullsh*t like that as if you know what you're talking about please.

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                Here thekonassure, you're missing some of these; ......,,,,,,,'''''---?!?!?!(())&" "

How did we get from a conversation about .2 vs .25g BBs in CQB, to firing down on a player with a .43? Yes it's harsh that you got shot in the nose with a .3, but please put a little more thought (and punctuation) into your posts.
                I'll be honest, I'm not a mathematician or self-confessed bb scientist, but these three posts make the thread worth reading.

I'm not going to the weekender, but would happily entertain you guys buying yourselves a pint on me!

Smileys FTW!
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Ok ok, put the handbags away ladies.

Yes getting hit by a high weight BB at close range sucks (konnasure) and the game is not about causing people pain (Major).

Let's steer this back on topic, if there's any further discussion to be had on the subject.

Comment

Put it this way, several mates of mine run .2g's in his guns in woodland. A good hop will see it going close to 45-50m. I honestly don't think that few extra metres is worth spending more money on slightly heavier rounds.

I'd personally concentrate more on making sure the barrel is exceptionally clean and the hop is set perfectly. Dirt in the barrel will do more damage to a flight path of a BB than 0.05g will! (In my opinion!)
                    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think the price difference is so low between a .20 and a .25 that its worth it but if you go much heavier they start to get really expensive so they are better for snipers as their the only ones who will see a benefit

SO low wind environment question is that their won`t be much difference a .20 will get to your target faster so they`ll have less time to dodge it like some cqb`ers are pretty handy at doing.

I think all in all its not going to make much difference assuming your not trying to sneak a hot gun into a cqb site lol

I normally play cqb but have started making a switch to .25`s lately only because I have found them really cheap and have started using gbb`s a bit more.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
                      Working...
                      X