Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on gas smg

hey people,

i have been looking at getting a kmp9 (kwa) and was woundering is it easy to maintain and run?

Re: opinions on gas smg

I have not one but two gas smgs and there awesome espcially when you dual weild since there have a plastic body they work pretty well just keep the lubed and gas in the mags and your good to go

Comment

that would be cool to have 2 :D what are they like for maintance? is it easy to strip and clean? not had a gas one before

Comment

Gas is easier than Elec to maintain, as long as you keep everything clean. Remember to keep the seals in good nick and mud out the receiver and you can't go wrong.
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I am also curious at the longevity of the KWA MP9...

Comment

I have a KSC MP7 and it's awesome, my mate has a KWA MP9 and it's awesome.

Does that answer your question? ^_^
            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
              I have a KSC MP7 and it's awesome, my mate has a KWA MP9 and it's awesome.

Does that answer your question? ^_^
              Only partially, Olphy! If it were that simple I would have more gas guns than I could afford... There are plenty of gas guns out there that I'd love to have, but their 'expiry date' as it were is often what puts me off...

Saying that, I was told my Maruzen Skorpion would not last 6 months when I bought it and two years on and 10,000 odd rounds later, it is still going strong!

Comment

The only real disadvantage to gas guns is that the internal parts seem to be unique to that weapon - just like the real steel. With aegs, if it's got a v2or v3 gearbox then there's loads of parts that will work with it. Even some of the rarer gearboxes share similarities.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
                It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Gas is easier than Elec to maintain, as long as you keep everything clean.
                  Really? I have never done anything to any of my AEGs in terms of maintenance, but find myself endlessly cleaning and lubing my GBBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                    Really? I have never done anything to any of my AEGs in terms of maintenance, but find myself endlessly cleaning and lubing my GBBs.

Think he means when you actually get down to it... as in usually takedown and actual maintainance of it on that occassion is easier than going into a gearbox and reshimming blah blah if parts have worn.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                      I find that as well!

The only thing that bugs me about my MP9 is the way you get a nice blast of gas in the face when it fires. Incidentally, a good mag pouch for the mags is the Bulle triple MP5 pouch - each compartment is designed for two MP5 mags so it takes the MP9 mags comfortably. I have mine on a strap but with three mags it's quite heavy!
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
                      It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Anyone reccomend me a molle pouch for my kwa mp7 mags?...uk based retailer preferable
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                          Only partially, Olphy! If it were that simple I would have more gas guns than I could afford... There are plenty of gas guns out there that I'd love to have, but their 'expiry date' as it were is often what puts me off...

Saying that, I was told my Maruzen Skorpion would not last 6 months when I bought it and two years on and 10,000 odd rounds later, it is still going strong!
                          On a more serious note, what I would say is if you buy a gas gun, or gas SMG, make sure the FPS is site legal.

If it isn't, make sure you can source a decent NPAS or flute valve for it to bring it down. With 134a going south, it seems these little things are the only way forward for gas guns, and if my experience is anything to go from they're bloody hard to get hold of.

This is more relevant for the KSC/KWA SMGs and the WE GBBRs, which tend to run quite hot out of the box for UK sites. My MP7 is putting out 400FPS on Propane and the RA-Tech site won't allow me to place an order. No one else who ships to the UK stocks them!!

Buyer beware. Still awesome.

Comment

Make sure you keep the hop bucklings dry on the KWAs as well, otherwise they swell and cause a whole host of feeding and accuracy problems. Same for most airsoft guns but the hop unit is pig to get to in the MP7.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                              Make sure you keep the hop bucklings dry on the KWAs as well, otherwise they swell and cause a whole host of feeding and accuracy problems. Same for most airsoft guns but the hop unit is pig to get to in the MP7.
                              The exact issue i have now!
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                              Working...
                              X