Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

If you were to build a l119a from scratch.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you were to build a l119a from scratch.....

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114885
    TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
      True. I think when i said its hard to build one, I should have said that 9/10 people wont recognise what it is unless they see the markings.(me included) To most its just an M4 with RIS

I will try and explain what I was saying a bit better.

If I take an m4a1 body (colt markings?) and put all of the bits that mightyjebus listed (barrel, ris, stock, sights.) That doesn't make it an L119a1, its just makes it a customised M4a1

You need the receiver with the Diemaco markings to make it a proper replica.

Same as if i took a Diemaco body and put the m4a1 standard front end, stock and carry handle on it. Does that make it a Diemaco with m4a1 front end and stock or an m4a1 with a Diemaco body.?

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense
      True though I think you can get away with using a blank receiver as i'm sure some of the early SFWs had no markings at all, a C8 receiver may be an option too.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

You can use C8 or even colt marked lowers. The differentiators for a L119A1 is the larger pistol grip, the older M4 stock with butt pad as opposed to the more modern LE stock and if it's the 16" barrel then the profile is different to an M4 and 1.5" longer. This length one will also (9 times out of ten anyway) the solid foresight. On the CQB variant it'll have the bayonet lug removed and an SF FH installed too.

In all honesty they are quite easy to distinguish from a regular M4. I think the problem is some people just take the piss as they don't realise what effort it takes to build one; mainly in sourcing these parts and that upsets guys who've built one due to the effort!!! That and haters will always hate for no good reason.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

m4nut Find out more about m4nut
        Working...
        X