Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M1911 - which make?

Marui all the way.
    I've owned many different makes of gbb, and in the end I've learned that nothing touches tm for reliability, quality and spares available.

Comment

I guarantee you if you put a TM and a KJW 1911 side by side, the TM will outperform it any day of the year. Oh and not to mention TM pistols work in the winter enjoy your full metal "height of summer" only pistols. (Summer? What is this summer you speak of? Do we have that in the UK?)

Comment

no one's mentioned WA strangely, WA kicks noticebly harder than TM despite both being plastic slides, and a lot of the time WA comes with full metal lower and heavier magazines, and its ABS slides look better and kick harder than TMs, but then they are a lot more expensive.

For those who think WE's a crap make, that's only because you've had experience with their old products, WE isn't the same company as 2 years ago.

Anyway, if a plastic gun isn't an issue, TM is really the thing to go for, and should you want to upgrade it in the future, you won't have any trouble finding parts neither.

Comment

no one's mentioned WA strangely, WA kicks noticebly harder than TM despite both being plastic slides, and a lot of the time WA comes with full metal lower and heavier magazines, and its ABS slides look better and kick harder than TMs, but then they are a lot more expensive.
          All the WAs I have owned have horrible accuracy and range.

TM for me.

Comment

i have a TM 1911 A1 and i run it on green gas plus you can upgrade to a metal body on it like i just have and TM have great range

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
              For those who think WE's a crap make, that's only because you've had experience with their old products, WE isn't the same company as 2 years ago.
              I have a WE Browning HP. Full metal, and total CR*P in winter, end of. 3, maybe 4 shots before venting the mag.
              My stock TM M1911A1:- full mag at least, no venting. And I have used it thus down to -1C.

Comment

I have three WE 1911s (the gun the OP was actually asking about). Full metal, and totally fine in winter, end of.
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

TM. People who really know how to use and what to look for use a TM.

Too many times I've Bren told this n that is great. Get handed one, and hand it straight back

Comment

TM all the way and you can upgrade to a full metal kit.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                    WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
                      TM all the way and you can downgrade to a full metal kit.
                      Fixed for you...

Comment

I have a WE 1911. It's great and i wouldnt change anything. The only downside for me is that the slides on them are a bit weak.

Comment

I'd have to say TM myself.

I've owned both the 1911a1 and the Nightwarrior. By far one of the best. Never had any issues with either.

I've never handled a WE or KSC/KWA. Although I'm tempted by the WE KnightHawk

Western Arms 1911's are good but expensive. I've had 5 and still using the MARSOC that I bought in 2008.

Comment

I have a TM MEU with Guarder full metal kit (albeit the markings for an a1 on the frame with an meu trigger)

Cant fault it, doesn't miss a beat, never vented on me (though never used it in winter this year just because of injury)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post

WE GBBR's are quite good. Their pistols are dire. They should give up on pistols or up thier game and make them as good as their rifles.

Comment

I use a tm nightwarrior and after fitting a laylax purple hopup and a pdi raven 6.01 tbb I used it all day at The Mall and gave up with my M4. It's an amazing gun and the reliability is unmatched. I think most people would agree with the level of quality you get with TM gbbs, just buy one and have fun!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rcvickery Find out more about rcvickery
                                Working...
                                X