Rant in Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rant in Airsoft

Yes that is a factor I agree. Unfortunatley airsoft is vunerable and one idiot could indeed ruin it for everyone. I suppose thats why paintball can go mainstream as they do not use rifs. I am more then happy with my local sites my local site has a whole RAF base and there is of course the mall. The paintball sites round where I live are just some woods with baracades in them. I don't really feel the need for helicopters lying around the less like cod the better

Comment

Originally posted by riversphynxz View Post
      i'm not sure if this is the right title for this but here we go...

i'm walking in my local mall when i noticed a paintball stall, they trying to sell and promote their hobby to the public.
      Um, they are promoting their multi million pound business..... it's not a hobby!

Comment

I wasn't going to counter as well I wanted this to stay on track but oh well I am bored!
        Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
        If it's more popular more revenue will be made meaning more sites will expand and open (be able to afford to put helicopters etc)
        Very unlikely, its a waste of money really, the fact a site has a smashed up helicopter isn't going to make me go to a site. could be better spent on marshaling or man hours to build trenches etc.
        manufacturers will invest more in r&d increasing the quality and choice of guns, guns will become cheaper and better value for money.
        What on earth are sportline AEG's? are they not available and low cost AEG's?!? The main market for Airsoft is the US so even if there was a huge increase of popularity here then it will still be shadowed by the US.
        I honestly don't think you pose an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
          Whats the FPS limit there and can I use highcaps?
          I'm not an expert but I am sure they follow our guidelines and allow higher fps for snipers than auto's. They are a little better though as they only have 2 or 3 round burst. Non of this finger on the trigger spraying malarky.

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the fact it's too much like MW as they call in Airstrikes and motor attacks.

I havn't sussed out their regen yet either. But I think it's one hit and your out.

Hope that helps.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I know a few sites (below examples) which have things that I stepped back when I first saw and thought 'huh.. thats different'.

Finmere has a downed plane that you can go into - full cockpit and everything think 'the plane crash from Jurassic Park III'. And a 1/4 sized submarine up on a trailer - obviously the woods being a natural environment for it. Few downed 'missiles' as well.

Dorking has a wrecked land rover but more impressive is the village, church, 3 story towers and tons of woodland buildings.

I'm with 'I Love Airsoft' on the fact expansion brings benefits.

As sport expands, sites will expand. Either through player lead building days or simply making more cash and then being able to afford better facilities. Most sites I have heard of dont turn a big profit but enough to pay facilities, rent, marshalls a pittance and insurance. Anything left over often well deserved in the pockets of the organisers who often plough back into the site itself.

Whether it will ever reach full 'corporate' level with that type of investment that seems to be in discussion here I doubt - but I think that even that wont be the death of the smaller sites. Nature of the sport is that its high entry cost is a barrier to people taking up as a hobby. £100-£200 to start out and become a 'player' rather than just doing it as a one off often inspires smaller niche operations that people regularly go to and get to know the people as much as the sport, its the social experience as well as just trying it out.

Hopefully popularity would bring as said better guns, better quality sites with more interesting facilities as companies realise there is money to be made but without the 'mass produced pile 'em high sell 'em cheap' feeling. Currently guns are generally poor quality/reliability but I believe this is generally because of the lack of popularity.

Comment

Of course you can get sportline aeg but they can get better and cheaper they are not going to be stuck like that for ever it's called technological advancement. And it is a fair argument there is never 1 side to a topic tis the reason it is called a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by CBarker View Post
                Hopefully popularity would bring as said better guns, better quality sites with more interesting facilities as companies realise there is money to be made but without the 'mass produced pile 'em high sell 'em cheap' feeling. Currently guns are generally poor quality/reliability but I believe this is generally because of the lack of popularity.
                I don't agree. I have seen Airsoft internals and externals become much better as time has come along, exlcuding many of the Chinasoft clones. Years ago, I wouldn't have touched G&G, now I'd take it over Tokyo Marui. Poor reliability boils down to the owner in respect. I've taken on AEG's which where 'Poor' or 'A bit shabby' and after a good service, maybe a couple of parts replaced too. They worked!

Not having a go, but I do feel that your argument to have an increase of money into R&D through popularity is like saying Rebecca Black is greater the Iron Maiden because she had a higher Youtube video view count. If you want to see companies get better and expand and flourish. Be loyal to them and send them feedback.

Right, back to topic I think.
                sigpic
                http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

In the end why would companies want to make better guns yet charge less, its counter productive. You make a product that isn't going to break cost next to nothing. It would cause a backlash in Airsoft. This is why it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddykiller View Post
                    popularity is like saying Rebecca Black is greater the Iron Maiden because she had a higher Youtube video view count. .
                    :D too true
                    sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

So like I came to this thread expecting a page long essay..and found that? what is that??

Paintball is a multi billion zillion gabillion pound menoply by the way and i cant spell menopoly and i aint googling for the correct spelling..partly because this forums spell checker comes up with menopause instead

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                        In the end why would companies want to make better guns yet charge less, its counter productive. You make a product that isn't going to break cost next to nothing. It would cause a backlash in Airsoft. This is why it will never happen.
                        True but competition will increase forcing companies to innovate to out do each other putting out cheaper and better quality products.

Comment

True but competition will increase forcing companies to innovate to out do each other putting out cheaper and better quality products.
                          Like this isn't happening already? I remember there being -alot- worse products out there a good few years back. I think Airsoft has gotten much more healthier lately despite all this doom and gloom you seem to be seeing!
                          sigpic
                          http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Originally posted by CBarker View Post
                            What guns do you buy then?

Theres a whole market place full of guns that will be 100% fine for you to plug in an 8.4 a high cap and off you go. Most will last for ever left like that.

It is usually when people try to upgrade their gun without understanding what they are doing when the troubles start.

I think the best sites are ones where the current occupier doesn't have to spend money. IE Livingstone shopping center, when it was open. Anzio, etc. Mainly as there are other considerations to consider like planning consents, it's all time and money. Which is why when you go to some sites they have cheap looking wooden structures. Other wise they have to apply for planning, crap but true.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

there is no doom and gloom I am just simply saying airsoft guns can get better and cheaper. Anyway I am using my brain to much I need a rest I am going to go watch crank 2 high voltage and eat some ice cream

Comment

This is happening to a small degree already, it isn't going to change a lot now as companies will have to compromise with quality of materials. As I said before this isn't going to happen if Airsoft grows in England. no matter how many people start in England it will still be overshadowed by the US.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

riversphynxz Vietnam war relics collector, model aircaft builder, painter, musician Find out more about riversphynxz
                                Working...
                                X