Clear All

Re: m4 range updrades ??

slight incresse but more distance
    higher spring will increasse fps an not range lol
    and by compression i mean irseal
    ie hop rubber, piston head, cylinder head, air nozzel an tht

Comment

I might be nooby here, but increasing the airseal will increase the FPS?
      More FPS = more range?
      That's why putting a new spring in increases range
      A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

NO higher fps ie spring, does not give it more range but gives it more ow factor an speeds the time up of the bb to get from a to b

Comment

Can someone back me up here, more fps = more range. The physics is, all BBs will have the same amount of gravity acting upon the, thus will fall at the same rate. If one is faster than the other, it will travel further in it's time in the air, thus having more range.
          The power of a BB is determined by how much air pushes it in a certain time. Increasing the airseal would give it more air in the same time = more power. A new spring would give it the same amount of air in a quicker time = more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus515 View Post
            Can someone back me up here, more fps = more range. The physics is, all BBs will have the same amount of gravity acting upon the, thus will fall at the same rate. If one is faster than the other, it will travel further in it's time in the air, thus having more range.
            This isn't a discussion about whether power=range or whatever, stay on topic.

He wants to know what can increase his range, so let's continue to give him tips or ideas.

What's the make of the M4 Humph?

Comment

does not all work like that if u add the airseal with the fps then yer, but with out the air seal behind it the fps will be use les an just fly up in the air

Comment

Well back on topic, if you use slightly heavier BBs than 0.2s, such as 0.25s or 0.3s you can slightly better range because you can put more hop on it without it flying straight up and you'd get increased accuracy. The only problem with that is they cost considerably more than 0.2s

Comment

after 150 kills you can unlock an ACOG sight, which should give you a minor range boost.
                  Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

it a full metal proline ca m4 the origanl ones, ie old one ha
                    itt all been serviced an new spring an shims an barrel
                    new metal hop but standered hop rubber an nub

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmithy View Post
                      I never suggested it? I merely stated what set up I used and that madbull tightbores generally compliment the madbull ultimate hop unit.

A Prometheus tightbore is a damn good barrel and works well with Madbull hop units.. I don't see where I ever implied for him to switch it out for a madbull one.
                      That would be because I was being a silly billy and only read the list & not your actual post. :p I just skimmed and saw the list as I was only going to reply to the OP.

Didn't mean it in a hostile way regardless. I have the same combo in an M4 except with a firefly bucking and it's superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                        That would be because I was being a silly billy and only read the list & not your actual post. :p I just skimmed and saw the list as I was only going to reply to the OP.

Didn't mean it in a hostile way regardless. I have the same combo in an M4 except with a firefly bucking and it's superb.
                        Haha it's all good mate , I got a bit too much on the defence there so I apologise as well.

What make is the metal hop unit that was installed in the CA M4?
                        CA is hardly the ideal brand for good range but I was always quite satisfied with mine, nevertheless they're quite compatible with many upgrades which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by humphriesryan View Post
                          it a full metal proline ca m4 the origanl ones, ie old one ha
                          itt all been serviced an new spring an shims an barrel
                          new metal hop but standered hop rubber an nub
                          A new rubber and nub would help then range, and they don't cost that much I think

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus515 View Post
                            A new rubber and nub would help then range, and they don't cost that much I think
                            That's very true, they're only a few quid a pop if you look in the right places, it's the hop units that cost the most money.

Comment

i know that lol, i need to what people suguest gives better airseal

Comment

Re: m4 range updrades?

You'll want a non ported cylinder and a better hopup rubber and nub combination.

The parts inside the CA are totally fine. But if it's an M4 length and you've added an M16+ length barrel you'll need to match the cylinder with that. And it'll be a non ported cylinder that you'll need.

As for hop rubber a Guarder Clear or TM is the safest option. I wouldn't bother with the firefly as it won't fit your barrel. You'll need to widen the hopup hole in the barrel for it to fit correctly.

If it were mine, i'd get a Systema hop rubber and pair that with an element h-nub. Or even better use an SCS nub with a guarder clear. But good luck finding an SCS nub they're always hard to find

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X