Genuine Magpul Vs Fake Magpul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genuine Magpul Vs Fake Magpul

I built a PTS furnitured M4 and a clone part M4, they looked the same, but the feel was a bit hmmmmm with the clone plastic, badly fitting clone stocks (ctr and an ubr) , personally I prefer PTS products, but that's my choice, as said no ones looking so if it helps your budget buy clone stuff, they invented electrical tape to fix loose stocks :p

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
      Appreciate what you're saying BEN but you are moving away from the thread in question by adding "real steel"..I'm pretty usre we're all talking abs.
      It's a bit complex when you look into it.
      By "real steel" I mean parts made to fit real guns... It's a figure of speech.

The parts are mostly made of polymer. The real steel ones made from an ITAR restricted polymer, the PTS one from a Dupont-formulated polymer that an effort was made to feel just like the real steel ones, and clone stuff probably just made of any kind of plastic....

Comment

Are there even clones of the milspec stuff? Ive only ever seen PTS Clones?

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
          By "real steel" I mean parts made to fit real guns... It's a figure of speech.

The parts are mostly made of polymer. The real steel ones made from an ITAR restricted polymer, the PTS one from a Dupont-formulated polymer that an effort was made to feel just like the real steel ones, and clone stuff probably just made of any kind of plastic....
          Ok..sorry...my bad...

Comment

Received this this morning <£25..
            Looks okay but it is very wobbly on the stock tube..does it matter?..not to me,I could probably do something with it.....:D

Comment

Is that 2ndary lock just for show on that clone then? Just a bunch of tape around the stock tube would secure it otherwise!

Comment

That is just for show...you can touch it next time I see you...
                I was thinking a run of hot glue along the tube....we'll see..

Comment

Lol. Ah that's a shame. I might get a proper one for mine then, as its a recoil gun I don't want a floppy stock taking all the feeling away!

Wouldn't a hot glue gun mean you couldn't move the stock!!

Comment

Just going to wade in here because it's annoyed me for a long time.

I don't see why people would spend soooo much money on parts for an airsoft gun. Such as getting real steal parts from Magpul or even other things like sights from eotech or aimpoint. I thought the whole idea of airsoft is to simulate real world. I just can't understand it. It's not like I'll go out and buy R/S upper and lower for my Scar just because they're conpatable. So why would I go and buy R/S or "genuine" plastic Magpul parts for my toy gun. Other than the nice texture some of the stuff has does it effect the guns performance? I also don't recall ever reading about anyone buying a R/S suppresor for a RIF just replicas. It boggles my head thinking about it!! Do people just do it so they can go to games and say "HA I have more money than thou pesant!".

Not having a moan at anyone and not trying to start a flame war as I can't be ars*d with it today. Just pointing out that you could get parts that look the same for much much less and essentialy do the same thing.

Joe.

Comment

I can understand it, but it's slightly too high a price usually. As I have only one gun now, I'd rather spend quite a bit buying some top notch parts and accessories for it, than own 3 more clone guns or something like that.

Comment

Fair enough, I guess that's the beauty of airsoft is that you have such a diverse choice and it is after all your choice to make!

Maybe I'm just as tight as a crabs arse then haha.

Comment

Hahaha. For me it's about my own personal view of what I own.

If it sits in the corner, looking great, and I sit here and think, "damn that's a nice piece o' kit" then that's good enough for me! Nice accessories just help that really.

That said it's not worth it in all areas. Optics are crazily good from the clone world, a doctor being the best sight I've ever used, I'd still use it I'd it didn't look a bit weird on the top of a full size M4

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like being able to look at RIFs I own and say the same thing, it's mostly the reason I started and is the reason I'm still doing it!

Exactly what I think about sights you have just summed up in one any clones I've had I've loved. I used to have a clone 552 that was put next to a R/S one one weekend and you couldn't tell the difference was brilliant because I payed £60 rather that around £450 of the R/S one. Made my day.

I'll just carry on perving on pictures of other peoples stuff rather than burn money!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post

Wouldn't a hot glue gun mean you couldn't move the stock!!
                              I meant just a line..I've done it with tape now as you suggested 100% better..
                              Joef' I agree I wouldn't have paid out a silly price for genuine Magpul but for this price(and it "looks" so much better)I though ok..

Comment

I'm currently using an EA aimpoint that has red, green, AND blue! Beat that with the real steel! Pah!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                                Working...
                                X