Re: Genuine Magpul Vs Fake Magpul

£50 for 1 real MBUS sight

Or

£17 for 2 clone sights.

I know what I'm going for.
        WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

what different does it make no1 is really going to notice i mean you don't get people going to games and examining whether your kit is genuine, bottom line is it's down to your budget and taste if you can afford proper magpul good for you if you can't you make do with the best you have available to you end of discussion

Comment

Clone MBUS = Fantastic
            Clone RVG = Great
            Clone AFG = Okay, tough to put on, tight fit on rails
            Not sure about the others as I havent had the two to compare.

Comment

i have a cheapo copy CTR stock and its very loose and the fricrtion lock doesnt work, might try a different buffer tube on it if i can find a cheap one
              it does look the part though.

also have clone mbus rear sight which is pretty crappy but again it looks pretty

Comment

The clone parts are hit and miss. The newer generation of parts are alot better than the old gen. The MBUS sights being the main ones that have become half decent. Also the RVG you won't be able to tell it's fake. It's a really good copy. The AFG's are a tad hit and miss. I've had good and bad ones. However these were both older gen's from about a year ago.

The CTR stock isn't all that bad. It's a little looser fit than the PTS one but with the friction lock it'll be fine.

Now onto the UBR. It's AEG fitting is crap. And i mean propper crap. I've been told that the GBB fitting for it isn't so bad. I'll confirm this when mine arrives. I don't have high hopes for it and since is was only 45 dollars with free delivery if it's bad it isn't a huge loss. I'll still most likely end up getting a PTS one when i can find one in stock, and somewhere that doesn't charge 60 dollars shipping on it.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                  Brand new on the bay for £25.oo.....Mag bits are slowly losing their re-sale value..recently on another forum I had to advise a seller that the stock he was selling wasn't a ctr but a pts and they don't cost £80 either...
                  There's no such thing as a PTS (professional training system?) stock. You can get a PTS version of the MOE, CTR, UBR, PRS etc stocks.

A genuine Magpul PTS will cost close to £80.

Not a dig m8 but what do you mean dangerous?...genuine question..
                  No dig taken!

Fake MAGPUL (not PTS) stuff will be intended to fit on REAL STEEL, or because of a lack of markings and the fact it can fit on real steel, would lead the owner to believe it was tested and manufactured to real steel standards, which likely wouldn't be the case.

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                  I was fairly sure that Magpul PTS was made by Magpul, but for export only because of American laws (They're not allowed to export Magpul products for firearms)
                  Magpul PTS stuff ISN'T made by Magpul, contrary to popular belief, it's made by specially selected retailers under license from Magpul PTS/Magpul.

Because of export laws, even genuine Magpul PTS products are made from different materials to the real steel goods. A lot of time and effort went into making them as close to, but still different enough...

Comment

Not a dig m8 but what do you mean dangerous?...genuine question..
                    They are infected with the bad AIDS.

You have been warned.

Comment

IMO, For airsoft, you dont need the super duper fantastic expensive Magpul stuff. So for airsoft, if it looks the part then go for it. HOWEVER, you could also look at it from the other aspect. Liscensed magpul stuff is guaranteed quality.
                      Kiran Payne
                      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

only seen the clone moe stock compared with my pts one. The butt pad was hanging off and it didn't fit the stock tube as tightly. Also quality of the plastic didn't seem as good.
                        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                          There's no such thing as a PTS (professional training system?) stock. You can get a PTS version of the MOE, CTR, UBR, PRS etc stocks.
                          This is getting confusing..if I Google PTS MOE it shows a stock?

This?From the countries top retailer...
                          Last edited by snuff; 8 September, 2011, 09:51.

Comment

I think what BEN was trying to say was that people weren't being specific enough with the naming convention

Comment

PTS stands for something like "Professional Training System/Simulation" and indicates the stock in question is an airsoft specific version. It will have "For training and simulation" written on it somewhere.

You can get a PTS Magpul Original Equipment (MOE) Stock, a PTS Compact Type/Restricted (CTR) Stock, a PTS Utility/Battle Rifle (UBR) Stock and a PTS Precision Rifle/Sniper (PRS) Stock...

Simply saying "PTS stocks don't cost £80" isn't true, because a PTS UBR is about £140 off the top of my head... In fact, I think the only PTS stock that's considerably less than £80 is the PTS MOE, the most basic one.

A real steel CTR stock costs about $100, a real steel UBR costs over $250.

Understanding exactly what it is you are buying, be it new or second hand, makes the prices people quote a lot more sensible. It's important to know the difference between "genuine Magpul PTS" and "genuine Magpul" and a lot of sellers are less than crystal clear about it too...

Comment

Appreciate what you're saying BEN but you are moving away from the thread in question by adding "real steel"..I'm pretty usre we're all talking abs.
                                It's a bit complex when you look into it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                                Working...
                                X