owch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: owch

you should call up the argus and ask them if it's too late to change the headline to

'man penetrated in hole at wargame'

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

You wasn't there man, You wasn't there!.

Comment

oops sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, and i certainly didnt want to imply anyone was at fault at EAG Worthing, a great day was had by all, thanks very much

after reading that article, i dont think the Argus holds our hobby in very high regard

Comment

Originally posted by david_fletch View Post
          This has made the front page of the Argus today
          Argus sounds like a very dull place.
          Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
            Tsk! John doesn't run EAG, Tom and John both run EAG! John and Jimbo supply the shouting at the different sites and Tom (me!) does the admin back up, such as the ammo and pyro supplies plus the gun rentals.

The unfortunate player didn't get a tube through his leg.............He managed to impale himself a good 25mm + on what appeared to be a bent piece of very rusty 3mm rod that had camoflaged itself in the bottom of a crater.

One of the marshals applied first aid whilst another manned the gate for the ambulance and fire brigade, both who arrived very quickly.

A regular player chainsawed (who takes a chainsaw to an airsoft game? JOKE(!) - hes a tree surgeon) a path to provide direct access to the road.

We were all taking dibs on his kit, but unfortunately he survived our help and managed to tear himself away from the attentions of the nurses to return in the afternoon and tell us the gory details.

holy crap...

hopefully you got the metal back off him? or does he get to keep it?

all joking aside. this is why i remove anything that sticks up if i see it and pass it onto a marshal and explain why i'm handing them random stuff... most of them actually thank me for saving them issues with it
            Dan Wesson FPS downgrade and Action smoothing tutorial written by me! :- here

Comment

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/92450...me_gone_wrong/

They make it sound like we all get together in someone's garage and play with the little green plastic army soldiers from toy story
              Systema PTW - TM Sig P226 - Kalash AK74s GBB Converted - KSC USP .45 - KSC TMP Hardkick

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              Ah but the real question is... will it blend?

Comment

It could have been much worse,
                And as far as that news story goes, itll probably be forgotten in a few days.
                Can the bloke still walk?
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
                  http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/92450...me_gone_wrong/

They make it sound like we all get together in someone's garage and play with the little green plastic army soldiers from toy story
                  I love the way that's written! :D

Obviously, the editor is a bitter paintballer?
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

hop oops i mean i hope he is ok

Comment

That is the most impressive piece of fabricated journalism I've seen in many a year! They must be truely desperate for some excitement to bolster sales.

Inaccurate in so many ways its difficult to know where to start.
                      Suffice to say, the metal rod (imagine over sized coat hanger) didn't go through the knee, but at a shallow angle into the thigh. The rod was cut on the exposed side using a hydralic cutter ( for some reason oxyacetylyne was vetoed by the player) and quite rightly the ambulance crew wouldn't take chances by removing it on site.

Fortunately the wound didn't turn out to be as serious as we first feared and we still have an airsoft player with two legs.

Comment

That's a pretty fantastic article. I like how she's written 'the medics decided to leave it in.' What, for good? That's the impression I get from the text.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

That article is a classic!! Haha....
                          Him and his friends playing soldiers in the woods with plastic toy guns...
                          Was he 5 years old?
                          G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

More importantly.... was his gun ok!? :O

Comment

I love the "by the way" comment at the end;

"Just over a month ago a cyclist was impaled through his chest by a branch as he cycled down a road in Pulborough."

What! Lol that sounds like something you'd hear my 5-year-old cousin say!

On another note, do you think it would have been better if the gun was "full metal"?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

digital vole Find out more about digital vole
                              Working...
                              X