deans or tamiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: deans or tamiya

I use XT deans style connectors alot, I really can't fault them.
    Cheap and they've got little ridges which help pull them apart when you have clammy, cold hands.

But yeah to answer the OP, you have a bigger contact area than tamiya connectors. A deans is also soldered and alot of the time a tamiya is only crimped. So yeah essentially you have higher current flow with a deans or deans style connector.

IMO an EC5 is a better way to go than a traxxas connector. It's what I use with a 5s LiPo with my RC and with that I can pull 100A solidly for 4 mins and not worry about heat build up. Never even had one ger warm, even when my battery has been getting hot
    Originally posted by NitroJoe
    ...that was meant to be a shocked face, not a creepy clown rape face

Comment

Solder the battery straight to the wiring loom, no need for any connectors then....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
        Solder the battery straight to the wiring loom, no need for any connectors then....
        Should be interesting if there's ever a battery failure....

Comment

Originally posted by mcdon2401 View Post
          Should be interesting if there's ever a battery failure....
          I can't help think he was joking

Would make charging them up a little harder!

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            Dont want to add another thread, so these castle bullets are the 'best' then? I was gonna steal a set of traxxas connectors of my mate who rc's as i know theyre pretty epic. I have a rear wired m16 with a full stock so space really isnt an issue. I could probably fit another battery in there...
            Yeah, their smallest connector is rated higher than XT60s and deans, main issue is you can connect them the wrong way round and f*** you're sh*t up. :p

Their 6.5mm ones are superb. Performance wise, they kick ass. Practicality wise, I would say connectors which can only be connected in the right polarity and are housed would be a better option. But really I doubt you will see any difference in airsoft.

Comment

Right, here's my input.

I am changing all of battery, gun and charger wires to Deans, mostly to make it possible to charge any battery and use it with any gun (except AK and crane stock). This is useful for me, because I have 20 plus AEGs and I usually take an assortment of 5 to each skirmish, so means I don't have to keep loads of different batteries as well.

Deans also provides a small benefit to current efficiency as said above, and will give you slightly better trigger response and ROF. How much difference it makes depends on a few things.. the quality of the Deans connectors, the relative lower quality of your old connectors, and whether your wiring has two sets of connectors such as in M4s. In this case it is probably good to change both sets (the connectors in your stock, and the connectors at the back of the gearbox).

Deans CAN be difficult to pull apart, but +1 on the XT ridged ones, they are much easier. Deans are good for fitting into tighter gaps than both types of Tamiyas, they arent as long and they dont have the annoying clips.

Also, a TIP: When soldering Deans connectors, connect the mate to it whilst you solder the wires on the back. Keeping them connected (but obviously not wired up on both sides) means the 'teeth' stay in place, as the heat transfer usually is only enough to soften one connector, and the other cooler one holds the teeth in place.
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
              Working...
              X