X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legalities when returning guns

Sounds spot on mcdon

Comment

You say the gun OS theirs but if I have bought it off them wouldn't it technically be mine? So returning it for a refund would be like him buying back? Or am I thinking about it wrong?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

You might be right there mate, as if you've bought it, legally, ownership is yours.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Possibly, but since the goods are being sent a distance(rather than face to face) then if a fault is found and the buyer refuses it, then it was never really theirs. Ownership would be retained by the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdon2401 View Post
            Possibly, but since the goods are being sent a distance(rather than face to face) then if a fault is found and the buyer refuses it, then it was never really theirs. Ownership would be retained by the seller.
            I am not discrediting what you are saying I would just like a proper official answer from somebody that knows the in's and out's of the retail industry and rules. I hope I am not causing offense.

Could somebody with knowledge in retail legalities provide an official answer?
            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
              I am not discrediting what you are saying I would just like a proper official answer from somebody that knows the in's and out's of the retail industry and rules. I hope I am not causing offense.

Could somebody with knowledge in retail legalities provide an official answer?
              Thank you
              Course you're not causing offence. The main difference between retailers and private sales is that the Distance Selling Regulations don't apply, so the protection afforded to return an item doesn't really exist. I'm not even sure that the situation posed has ever been tested from a legal standpoint... Wonder if it's mentioned in the VCRA?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BringOnThunder Find out more about BringOnThunder
              Working...
              X