Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIPSC?

Anybody ever had a go of this?

I've never really been a big fan of pistols and when I'm skirmishing, hardly ever carry a sidearm as such.

Recently though, I was fortunate enough to try it out at the AirsoftArms Fair 4 in the Midlands and I must say, I thouroughly enjoyed it. So much so, that I'm now looking at having a race pistol built for me. It was only a short taster course, but the general feel of what AIPSC is about was there.

Here's a short vid of the experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NWb...layer_embedded

Those that have tried it, what setup do you use and what pistol would you recommend for a starter?

Cheers, BAMF.
    Last edited by BAMF; 26 October, 2011, 15:23.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Re: AIPSC?

Looks like fun mate, couple that with some more professional targets maybe popups and it would be a good laugh. i see you didnt show your whole run.....strange
    sigpic

Comment

Mate, I never edited it!

My full run was apparently flawless, according to the some of those watching. Though I'm not built for speed, my accuracy is spot on, as proven by my final shot.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Only joking mate yeah i heard the final ting, so whats the difference to these pistols and your standard skirmish worthy one
        sigpic

Comment

All-singing, all-dancing apparently bud?

They're lightweight and accurate, with tightbore barrels, upgraded hops and improved ergonomics. Though the styling of some is entirely down to the individual.

There's a decent Glock going in the pistols sales thread at the minute, but just not to my tastes.

Comment

i did the video! i tried doing it with just the 'one' run but it looked a little flat to be honest so i thought a mix of players all showing what to do would make a 'better' video when cut-together - My aim was trying to give people a flavour of what Aipsc was about - i for one wasnt sure what is was and I'm sure others dont know either - so hope the video addresses some of those gaps in peoples knowledge.

Hope you liked it! and found it informative - something I'll probably give more of a try of as well - but i'll be using just my normal skirmish pistols. The one in the vid is a USP match I think! (didnt look 'racey' to me)

Comment

You don't NEED anything crazy for IPSC stuff at all... In fact, a bog standard TM Hicapa 4.3 is gonna be a good start...

Comment

Aipsc - needs more coverage I think - its something all us airsofters could get something out of - and if you've got a pistol well its no extra cost really - a good excuse to dust em off! - you could even do something similiar with a shotgun, aeg etc (but a bigger distance between shooter and target) like they do in the states but its really big out in Korea i think!

Now think of some of that big prize money over here!

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                  You don't NEED anything crazy for IPSC stuff at all... In fact, a bog standard TM Hicapa 4.3 is gonna be a good start...
                  you can start with one but your going to find the gun not being to keep up with you, a light blowback mechanism, better groupings at close range so heavier bb's are going to be needed ie glass or metal ones in order to fire them your going to have to raise the fps in order to do that a lot of work is required, which is why a high capa is a good starter pistol you won't be getting very good scores with one, i'm currently building one and so far i can say the cost has been about £900 but that's the towards the top end of what you can be spending you can build a decent one for about £300

Comment

The Grange, where that was filmed are doing it on a regular basis now.

Comment

shame that's a bit to far for me, but it is alot of fun i may venture up there one day for a go

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                        The Grange, where that was filmed are doing it on a regular basis now.
                        Really?

What sort of course have they got set up? Same or similar to that one? Were you at the AAF Lee?

Comment

We've been trying to get something sorted around my local vicinity, but it's a matter of finding a suitable premesis that's causing the issue...

Comment

Did you manage to drag yourself away from the mag stand and have a pop at it at all BEN? Saw you on the range at one point.

Comment

IPSC is great fun, I was running it regularly for my players last winter. Then we lost the venue we were using!
                              Standard guns will work fine for most courses, but you will find a modified gun will work for you much better. Hi-capa's are the way forward. Large mags with plenty of gas in them for starters and the amount of bits available is crazy.
                              I really suggest you watch some vids from Hong Kong/Asia as its massive over there.
                              "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                              Life in the fast lane........
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BAMF Self-proclaimed King of airsoft (No, not THAT guy!), ageing Professional and keyboard warrior! Find out more about BAMF
                              Working...
                              X