Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AIPSC?

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
    We've been trying to get something sorted around my local vicinity, but it's a matter of finding a suitable premesis that's causing the issue...
    what sort of numbers are you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by pacey View Post
      IPSC is great fun, I was running it regularly for my players last winter. Then we lost the venue we were using!
      Standard guns will work fine for most courses, but you will find a modified gun will work for you much better. Hi-capa's are the way forward. Large mags with plenty of gas in them for starters and the amount of bits available is crazy.
      I really suggest you watch some vids from Hong Kong/Asia as its massive over there.
      tm pistols are the way forward with the raise in the price and cost of western arms there the next best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
        Did you manage to drag yourself away from the mag stand and have a pop at it at all BEN? Saw you on the range at one point.
        Me and the other Ben got in the queue, but a family turned up behind us and we didn't want to make them wait since they'd paid to get in and enjoy it, so we went for a burger and didn't manage to get back there in time.

I did spend a while on the range yeah, trying out those BB Bastard BBs... Was impressed with them... Could hit the mess tin reasonably reliably at the 45-50 mark with my M14...

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
          what sort of numbers are you looking at?
          Participants? probably around the 10-15 mark...

Comment

Already done that, after we were informed of how big the sport is in the East (the airsoft variation that is), as I'm aware that IPSC is a well followed past time by those gun-toting cousins of ours across the pond!

I was informed that there are sponsorship deals and huge prizes to be had in the likes of the Phillipines and thought it might be nice to have a slice of the action? We could start some National teams and maybe an International one? Sponsored of course, by Zeroone themselves?
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Really?

What sort of course have they got set up? Same or similar to that one? Were you at the AAF Lee?
              I wasnt there im afraid mate

If you look at their facebook page they are doing it saturday 12th of nov and then every Monday night from the 14th.

No idea on the sort of course they have set up but can find out im down there saturday night.

Comment

Anything new about AIPSC? It seems like lots of fun, may tune my 1911 for this kind of thing
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Looking at starting something up here, then perhaps moving into the rest of Scotland, possibly the UK if all goes well.

Will have to see once i have moved to my new flat.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Action air is great fun and a great training tool for the real thing. The best pistols to use are ones with a fast action, but don't recoil much. TM Hi Cap's are popular.

Comment

Already done that, after we were informed of how big the sport is in the East (the airsoft variation that is), as I'm aware that IPSC is a well followed past time by those gun-toting cousins of ours across the pond!

I was informed that there are sponsorship deals and huge prizes to be had in the likes of the Phillipines and thought it might be nice to have a slice of the action? We could start some National teams and maybe an International one? Sponsored of course, by Zeroone themselves?
                      I am definitely up for that. I've only ever seen videos of AIPSC and I can't stop thinking about it. It trains reaction, precision and agility, skills in which everyone should try to improve upon for literally WHATEVER they are doing in life. The Grange is a bit too far for me as I'm down at Dorset, but if someone like ZeroOne or GroundZero holds such events regularly, I will definitely attend as much as I can. AIPSC is massive over in asia, especially Hong Kong, though I've noticed that it's not so popular in the UK. You talk to people about practical shooting, they are wondering what I'm talking about. Saying, I tell people about airsoft, and they get confused... :S Anyway, I've been waiting for somebody to start up AIPSC in the UK for a long time, and I think it's actually happening! Just too far for me to go weekly. I'd start up and run a course if I had the money, but being a working-class person with other commitments, that is not yet possible for me. IF we can start it up in the South, get more people interested by having regular events, find the best shooters, then gather sponsors to start up a National Championship, that would get things started, and it'll also spread the knowledge of airsoft too. If anyone is interested and has any idea on how we can realistically achieve this, or if you already have plans on what I have mentioned, please get me involved as I would like to be a part of it! ^_^

Comment

Ask local airsoft retailers/sites if they'd allow usage of their ranges or a small bit of site then crack out the wood, cardboard and paper targets for a trial run. Action Air is done at short range with small targets, really any plot of land will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Akuma View Post
                          IF we can start it up in the South, get more people interested by having regular events, find the best shooters, then gather sponsors to start up a National Championship, that would get things started, and it'll also spread the knowledge of airsoft too. If anyone is interested and has any idea on how we can realistically achieve this, or if you already have plans on what I have mentioned, please get me involved as I would like to be a part of it! ^_^
                          Best place to start is the UK Practical Shooting Association, as they are the UK body that is recognized by the IPSC world council. I’ve got a feeling that they’ve already got some thing set up.

If you find any events please post them up here

Comment

http://www.ukpsa.co.uk/postalleagues.html

1) Set up a course within IPSC rules
                            2) Print of their forms
                            3) Run the course with an audience
                            4) Sign and fill in the form
                            5) Send off for scoring
                            6) Profit?

This would be good, a shame about the need of changing course every time so you never run the same course twice, a logistical nightmare!

Comment

Wow, this is great information! Thank you very much! I will look into it further.

Anyone with any other suggestions or info please feel free to post!

Comment

Yeah, bulk buy targets as I've heard that metal knock down targets are a bugger to get hold of here!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BAMF Self-proclaimed King of airsoft (No, not THAT guy!), ageing Professional and keyboard warrior! Find out more about BAMF
                                Working...
                                X