Building a gun rack/wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building a gun rack/wall.

i rotate them! i take a couple to every game and usually split the day so that they both get an outing! yes, i let my sons use them when they want to come with me, but they're mine, all mine!
    i'm currently working on the mk2 version which is deeper and will have glass doors (possibly lights) and be higher so that the sights etc are also covered

Comment

Very cool
      MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

I ordered a set of two steel tool racks and a set of 12, 8inch pegs from a certain online tools shop 4 trade... I believe the make of the rack was "Sealy"?

I think it cost me overall £47 odd with delivery, which wasn't long. And it holds up a beauty, with 3 assault rifles, a shotgun, a pistol and assault vest!

I do think I went over the top with the peg size though... but it does mean I can double stack some of my weapons if necessary!
        Appologies for the awful images though!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
          I do think I went over the top with the peg size though...
          Ya reckon ?! :D

lol, looks great matey. Well done. Good idea about pricing. All in mine cost around £6 for the wood, £7 for the paint and about £10 for screws and pipe. All in, under £25. If anyone is looking at these ideas and wondering about costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
            Hello everyone, I think it is time that I go about setting up a gun wall as they are filling up the house. At the moment I have a VSR and an AK but am getting a Pistol and a AKs74u shortly. Therefore I would like the wall to hold around 4 rifles and 2 pistols. The space it is going on is not very large, about 1.5m wide ish and same for length.

I wanted to ask, especially directed to people who have already built a gun wall, how you go about it? The only way I can think of doing one would be like a tool rack.

Any help is appreciated,
            Thanks

Your 2 guns are filling up the house? What have you got, a semi-detached dolls house?

Comment

Originally posted by morningsidesa View Post

finally worked out how to add the piccy!
              Is that a trick of the light, or have you really wasted several hundred pounds on buying the same guns several times over?

Still, it's your money I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
                Your 2 guns are filling up the house? What have you got, a semi-detached dolls house?
                Not quite but along with 8 airsoft AK mags, thousands of BB's, lots of VSR accessories, I need somewhere to put them. Thanks for your helpful input...

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
                Is that a trick of the light, or have you really wasted several hundred pounds on buying the same guns several times over?

Still, it's your money I suppose.
                How is it wasting, they could all be different, AEG's to GBB's. Don't really think you can say he's "wasted several hundred pounds". Once again, thanks for the input.
                "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Didn't bother with a wall, did this instead:

When I get back from the states next week I'll be getting some pegs for the sides to hang pistols/smg's from.

Comment

Quite a few threads about this already guys. The search function is your friend.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...highlight=rack

Anyway. Here's my cupboard, named 'the receptacle of awesomeness' by some kind zeroinner on another thread.
                    It's just an Ikea 'Billy' with the shelves at an angle and nails stuck in it. If I need to change the configuration, I simply flip the shelves and add more nails.
                    The first pic was before the bottom was finished, so the other pics show the finished details. I keep my vests in our utility closet now.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                      Quite a few threads about this already guys. The search function is your friend.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...highlight=rack

Anyway. Here's my cupboard, named 'the receptacle of awesomeness' by some kind zeroinner on another thread.
                      It's just an Ikea 'Billy' with the shelves at an angle and nails stuck in it. If I need to change the configuration, I simply flip the shelves and add more nails.
                      The first pic was before the bottom was finished, so the other pics show the finished details. I keep my vests in our utility closet now.

I like that

Lets leave the negative comments about the topic at home lads. If you dont have anything constructive to add, zip it

Comment

it's good to see other people's storage ideas (and their kit of course). due to space my vests are in a pull-out draw under a bed and a 5- drawer chest contains all the other odds and sods. although, i must admit i didn't expect to get criticised for my choice of guns when i originally posted the picture. ho-hum

Comment

i think i need a dedicated storage shelf for mine. currently im using the floor =/

Comment

Originally posted by morningsidesa View Post
                            i must admit i didn't expect to get criticised for my choice of guns when i originally posted the picture. ho-hum
                            Ignore the comments that are coming from folk that do not even have a picture or infact any input into the thread.

Comment

@MorningsIdea: Fair play to you mate - you could arm your own swat team if you wanted to

Btw, once your gun rack Mk2 is finished, shotgun on your current gun rack. Just PM if you do want to sell it.
                              Last edited by Kenworth W900; 1 November, 2011, 14:59.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
                              Working...
                              X