Collapse

What Do you look for in a Airsoft Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Do you look for in a Airsoft Site?

Where do you even find a thread from Sept 09 to bump? lol :D

Comment

Where I live we don't have an airsoft site, as there's not quite a large enough interest to merit opening one.

However, when my friends and I play a game, we like to have somewhere that's got a good mix of hill, tree cover, low spots, etc.; but is still on a small enough scale we aren't stretching beyond the range limits of our weapons.

The best area we've played at (only once though, sadly) was when we were in a large metal barn that had a second floor and wraparound walkway that covered literally EVERY position imaginable on the first floor below. There was no position on the ground floor that could be held by the other team that wasn't able to be covered by my team up top...needless to say we hosed the poor saps who thought otherwise! :D

And the funny part was the location of the stairs to access the second floor/walkway area...from where they were, everyone on the walkway or second floor just had to pivot to face them, and we were subsequently able to have all weapons fire to take out whoever tried to go up the steps, so we got our hits one way or another!
      I may be drunk Miss, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Comment

convienience is a good one for me - my local site is 10 mins drive away, so I can go straight after work for their evening games. Apart from that;

-Marshalls

-Players (and particularly when the regulars are mates of the marshalls)

-Types of games played - you can have the best site in the world but if the game is shonk then it's no fun.

-The site itself should be interesting, I've been to several "we have trees!" sites, and similarly a balsa wood shed does not mean CQB IMO. Too much open space leads to uninteresting games (my main peeve with dragon valley is that some areas are basically an open field)

-Site limits, if they're not stuck to it can be horrible (being shot with a 450 AEG on full auto), but similarly blanket limits are bad too; a bolt sniper should be allowed higher FPS that an AEG IMO

-Props. Sounds weird, but somehow ducking under laser trip wires to get to the electronic key pad to enter the code to open the safe to escape with the briefcase is far more interesting than picking up a bit of wood and walking off. Similarly being chased around an old jail cell facility with half the lights off by a guy with a running petrol chainsaw (sans teeth) makes your heart race faster than being chased by someone with nothing :D
        sigpic

Comment

Friendly marshalls owners and players , But maintaining a Good play zone that dosent feel to artificial... im not that bothered about oh we get a markee for the safe zone , im happy sitting in a shed or out in the open to be honest

Comment

I have to say ground zero is a great site love the terrain and cover and usually very honest players

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alfer Find out more about Alfer
            Working...
            X