Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares TAR21 what's your view

Hi people

I am looking at getting the Ares TAR21 and I wanted to no people's opinions Good and Bad!

I have done some research and overall looks to be a good gun, it's been made very clear to stay away from the Mars Sight!

The mag release apparently takes some getting use to I.e not knocking it with your wrist is this true?

Also what mags can/can't these guys take?

All thoughts welcome

Many thanks

Andy

Re: Ares TAR21 what's your view

someone at my ocal uses one, it seems good and he's using lonex flash mags

Comment

Everyone using one I have seen using seems to be happy with their's performance. The default iron sights are pretty bad if I recall, your best using a scope or reflex.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

I've had my Tar for a couple of months now and in my opinion it is fantastic. Feels very comfortable to hold and once shouldered is quite light. Only bad things I've experienced with mine is semi auto has a tendency to not work very well most of the time. I use the MAG mid caps but they do fall out with the mag release button problem but it doesn't take long to get used to it. Other than that i can't fault it

Comment

I have not personally owned one but i have seen 2 people use them. The one Kept loosing magazines due to a dodgy mag catch and the other person used his for 5 minutes until it failed miserably. Both were brand new guns

2 things that put me off completely, shame as its a good looking rifle.

Comment

Thanks for the responses

I have heard of the mag release issue, with the other issues I suppose it's like any mass produced complicated items some faulty ones just slip through the net

So all in all a good weapon just takes some getting used too

Any other opinions?

Comment

I got my Tavor as soon as they were released and is an excellent rifle. Like any other airsoft gun, it has its drawbacks, but no more than any other airsoft weapon.

The mag release issue is a pain in the ass, but its not difficult to fix, a small spring inside the mag release catch or a small piece of memory foam, either ensure that pushing the mag release requires more pressure and will prevent any accidental magazine release, or loss.

The gun occasionally jams on single shot, a short burst on automatic clears it, or a number of places, including Zero One do a fix that prevents it from happening.

The wiring to the rear of the gun is a little weak, and the arrangement to fit the battery can lead to the wiring fraying off the connector, but that is solved by replacing the wiring with a longer spool. Besides which its a wear & tear issue that wont come into play for a long time after you get it.

The original guns came with a Mars sight, which was unfortunately a pile of poo...and you'd be better off getting one without. I took the Mars off mine straight away, put on a rail and added an Acog [picture below]. Side rails [for opposite side to charging handle] can be bought, or you can do what I did, Macguyver it, and put on a G36L side rail, it does the same job.

Range is excellent on Tavor, or at least on mine, and whilst I imagine that this comment will lead to howls of derision, at the first game I used mine I was outranging a friend who was running a Systema. Thats helped by the fact that Ares installed a tightbore [6.03 I believe] on manufacture]

Rate of fire is ok on an 8.6v battery, but run it on a 9.6 and your laughing. Mine has occasionally been run on an 11.1 lithium polymer & the rate of fire then is insane, not much use to me running mid-caps, but it can be entertaining.

Obviously people will have opinions both good & bad, and doubtless some will have purchased a lemon which has caused them nothing but trouble. Mine has been excellent and is likely to be sold...ever
              Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
              There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
              sigpic

Comment

I heard the newer versions are great and the old ones where still great but then I believe there was a larger chance of problems in those, but the newer longer barrelled versions are meant to have improved well, though there aren't many problems in the originals. As said above, you either get a lemon or you don't and when you don't they are amazing though i've learnt only take advise from people who have owned 'X weapon'. Though it contradicts my post but I am saying things from people who have and still own them.

Comment

ive got a railed version and i love it. i find the iron sights fine, but the one problem with the tavor is if theres a fault with the gearbox, you gonna have more luck at getting injured by your fridge door than getting the parts to fix your gearbox - you will need contact ares directing to get the part. apart from that its great.

Comment

Had one for about a month.
                    Very solid, good quality (as far as I could tell).
                    My only complaint about it was the weight distrubution. Everything is stacked at the back end which (admittely wasnt bad) felt wierd.
                    Most of the rifles I have are more front heavy or balanced...
                    Otherwise, it performed well & the mars sight I had with it was epic =D
                    Kiran Payne
                    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Have one, love it!

Bad Points:

The mag release was rubbish, padded it out with foam and upgraded the spring but still dropped mags everytime I looked at it. Bought some Canadian Style M4 mags and they "jam" into the mag well and don't fall out so that problem is fixed.
                      Mars sight is pants, get an eotech or something on there and it's fine
                      Still cant find a perfect sling for it

Good points:

Looks brilliant
                      always gets attention on the field, plenty of people asking what it is and how it performs
                      really well made (other than the mars)
                      Takes M4 mags, I am using canadian style which I have put some tape at the top of so they jam into the mag well and take some force to come out
                      Bullpup so has full rifle barrel in a smaller form factor
                      Rate of fire in auto is brilliant (using decent batteries)
                      Range is very good too (bullpup to thank for that)
                      Exterior is as tough as hell and takes knocks well
                      With the upgrades mine has it is reliable as hell and rarely jams, upgrades done by the previous owner

Things I need to do:

Side rail, where do I get one
                      Sling, I really need a decent sling for it
                      ACOG, brilliant idea I may look into that!

Comment

Originally posted by Shivatastic View Post
                        Things I need to do:

Side rail, where do I get one
                        Sling, I really need a decent sling for it
                        ACOG, brilliant idea I may look into that!
                        u can use g36 rails, or you can buy the actual rails made for it from other places, zeroone might have one, i dunno i havne't checked. i use a raised aimpoint and it works fantastically, try a p90 sling if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by kumizzie View Post
                          u can use g36 rails, or you can buy the actual rails made for it from other places, zeroone might have one, i dunno i havne't checked. i use a raised aimpoint and it works fantastically, try a p90 sling if you want to.
                          Thanks for that will try the rails (how do they attach to the TAR body though? I assume with some sort of bolt through the upper hand grip space where the LH cocking lever would go?)

Am using an Eotech at the minute and its nice, ACOG though hehe

Tried a 2 point sling which snapped when I was diving out a window at anzio lol will try a P90

Comment

How are you connecting the sling to the rear of the riffle as QD mounts do not fit in the holes :-(

Comment

Paracord, its how the real steel users do it. Make a makeshift sling loop and use a 3 point sling.
                              G&G all the way, no other say!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WenchBayne Find out more about WenchBayne
                              Working...
                              X