Worrying trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worrying trend

If it's Amazon.com, that's the US site, and those would be RIFs when anyone tried to import them.

Comment

It's the UK site.
      https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/

Comment

Well whether they fire anything or not, they're RIFs - The VCRA works on what it looks like, and makes no distinction about if it does anything.
        e.g. I needed to prove a defence to buy a solid resin cast of a Webley MkVI. Ironically, I could have bought a deactivated Webley MK VI (for more money, obviously) without needing to provide a defence.

Comment

I haven't got ukara as its a waste of money . I've been on most of the UK forums for many years and there's plenty of other folk I recognise from forum to forum . You can very easily tell the regular players from those you need to question . No normal person spends inordinate amounts of time on airsoft forums talking airsoft jibberish.

Ps. We all know its full of rubbish and far more dangerous replicas can be obtained without defence making the hoops we have to jump through kind of pointless ,and it is indeed stupid but never mind. The government look good to the average idiot which is what counts ,wether they can enforce it or not
          Last edited by heroshark; 3 November, 2011, 13:06.

Comment

My dad had a semiauto co2 rifle that cost £90 that fired at 590fps, we chronoed it multiple times. All that was needed was photo ID. Im pretty sure that with 12 rounds in it, it could easily kill someone.

Anyways surprised noones mentioned PASS yet.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
              I haven't got ukara as its a waste of money.
              What money? My site doesn't charge to do the UKARA thing. The only extra is £2 added to your first day's game fees (which are currently £15).
              Then again, the airsoft site is tagged onto a successful, 20+ year-old paintball site, so that might very well subsidise and offset any UKARA fees they might otherwise charge.
              Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              My dad had a semiauto co2 rifle that cost £90 that fired at 590fps, we chronoed it multiple times. All that was needed was photo ID. Im pretty sure that with 12 rounds in it, it could easily kill someone.
              Semi-auto is OK for air weapons - it's full auto which makes them Section 5.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                What money? My site doesn't charge to do the UKARA thing.
                Some sites charge ridiculous membership fees as they know it's the key to UKARA membership. I've seen £50 per year!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  What money? My site doesn't charge to do the UKARA thing. The only extra is £2 added to your first day's game fees (which are currently £15).
                  Many charge on the most part ,some charge a lot . If I don't need to ,even if it were only a couple of quid I'd prefer it in my pocket

Comment

I suppose, then, that this could be colouring my judgement on it - I don't see ANY disadvantage, as it doesn't cost me anything, but it does make things far easier for me.

I should add that £2 is ONLY on the first day, not annually, or if you need a new membership card.

On the other hand, if the haters' comments are based on having to pay for it, they should, perhaps, comment on what they'd do if they didn't have to.

Comment

UKARA is a free scheme, the only cost that may be charged is that of site membership. There are a few sites out there that have free membership.

Comment

All you need to do is have a diary of all the ukara sites you play at ,with their contact details. Then supply the contact of the one you play at the most . To qualify all you need to do is play at that site 3 times within a year to be able to get registered if you choose to. They should confirm this to whom it may concern.

Comment

My local market sells toy AK47's.

Do you think I should mention UKARA and the VCRA to the trader? :p Ofcourse, I'm positive he'll have a clue what they're all about!

Comment

I'm seeing the same mentality that screwed the pistol shooters on here and its depressing, the I 've got mine divide, if we accept licenses that can filter out "idiots" we lose access to airsoft simple as that, it happened with pistols centrefire rifles and will happen with air rifles. enough! and dont get me started on anti gun airsofters who want real guns banning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                              UKARA is a free scheme, the only cost that may be charged is that of site membership. There are a few sites out there that have free membership.
                              then why do retailers have to pay for access to the ukara database?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                                then why do retailers have to pay for access to the ukara database?
                                I would assume since some one has to pay a cost at some point, and the retailers are the ones that need/want to make the money, it stands to reason they are the ones to fork out the cost.

If you really want to know please contact them: http://www.ukara.org.uk/contact.htm

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hilander old and frail Find out more about hilander
                                Working...
                                X