Personal Gun Experience Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Gun Experience Section

I think this might help players looking for a new gun to buy, and since there are so many of you on here with impressive collections, I'm sure we can build up a good data base of gun knowledge. My idea is that you state what gun it is, so it might be 'Tokyo Marui Glock 26 GBB' etc. then you write a paragraph with your experience with the gun. Not sure if it'll work or be usefull, but I'll start:

Tokyo Marui SIG 552 AEG - The gun, although mainly plastic, feels very solid and has some nice weight to it - but not too much. It has a decent rate of fire out of the box, so I would get some 220 round Hi-Caps as well. It's a very short weapon, and looks great with a silencer on it. I have owned this gun for about 6 months, and it hasn't had a single issue. I have been using an 8.4v battery. The FPS is TM standard at 275 or so. My rating? 8/10

WE Tech Hi-Capa 3.8 - This was my first GBB, and at the time I liked it. It was very heavy, and kept making my drop leg slip off my leg due to the weight. It did have quite a few problems, including constant jamming and cool down issues. It was externally quite nice, but internally cheap and not reliable. Accuracy was acceptable. It stopped working after about 4 months of use. My rating is 2/10.

As you can see, thy're like mini reviews. This might not catch on at all, but I think it's help new players find a gun, and help us collectors find out next purchase.

Maybe some of you people would like to contribute? :3

Re: Personal Gun Experience Section

We have a review section already?

Comment

Having a comprehensive section with lots of people's views on guns would be very useful. To the newbie, airsoft can be very complicated and the products aren't exactly cheap to buy new so people need to ask for advice. Anything that encourages new players and grows the sport, is a good thing, I think.
      https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes we do have a review section. One that nobody uses

Comment

But kinda transplanting it here is going to change that how?

Comment

There would be one more topic in there if this was in the right place.

The reason reviews are not that popular ie because 99% of the weapons perform near enough exactly the same.

Comment

I think this is a pretty good idea

KS P90- like all ACM clones you can get good ones and lemons, i seemed to get a good one, out of the box performance was pretty good and gun comes with a 9.6v battery that gave a very good rof. Range and accuracy were pretty good. Externally they have a metal upperreceiver (very nice) and plastic lower which is solid. Internally, they are pretty good, but you might want a new piston. Rating, 7/10 , bearing in mind i got a good one.

CYMA M14- I got the long version, its a nice gun, very well built and extremely solid. Firing is crisp, however, i just felt that for such a long big and beefy gun, the performance just wasnt that great, it has good range and accuracy, but still pretty average. The hop-up is very good and accurate and the gun comes with a 6.04 tightbore. However, if you put an m100 or m110 in it, i am sure you would be getting more range out of it and the performance would justify the range a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                But kinda transplanting it here is going to change that how?

Because a lot of people don't want to read a long review of one particular gun. New airsofters don't want to feel they are proof reading an essay. If we can get a few hundred small reviews on one page, I think it'll help everone make choices and see what's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  Because a lot of people don't want to read a long review of one particular gun. New airsofters don't want to feel they are proof reading an essay. If we can get a few hundred small reviews on one page, I think it'll help everone make choices and see what's out there.
                  And trying to digest small information about multiple replicas on a single page is much easier?! How hard would it have been if you had taken your op and put the bit about the gbb in the pistol section and the bit about the aeg in the rifle section?

Also if we are generalizing, new airsofters are lazy and want everything soon fed to them.
                  Last edited by psirus101; 5 November, 2011, 13:48. Reason: added ,

Comment

I should add I'm not down on this Idea, I just think that a well structured and full review section would be a better database to search through.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                      And trying to digest small information about multiple replicas on a single page is much easier?! How hard would it have been if you had taken your op and put the bit about the gbb in the pistol section and the bit about the aeg in the rifle section?

Also if we are generalizing, new airsofters are lazy and want everything soon fed to them.
                      I feel it is. You can disagree if you want to, and if the mods feel it is a bad idea then they are free to remove it, but I think this might help some people out there. I am not just trying to write reviews, I'm trying to get lots of people to share their experiences.

Comment

I'd suggest it was because most reviews are poor. We know what the thing looks like, we can see it online, and we also know the construction materials.

The only information that would be of interest to me would be:

- Range (actually measured!) stock
                        - ROF again actually measured stock

Too many reviews are....

Oooo it's nice, ROF is good & range is good.

Well... I've learnt nothing

Comment

Well I've spent about 15 mins writing this and havnt read the above comments. So i'm going to post it anyway just so it wasnt a wasted effort! Hope some of you find it useful!

G&P SR16 URX Carbine:
                          Excellent quality rifle. Externals are top notch as you would expect from G&P. Its very solid with no wobble from the RIS or upper receiver. My only external gripe would be the magazine housing seems to be a little wide for most magazines including the G&P Midcap it came with (with the exception of PTS Pmags). I fixed this however by putting a small strip of velcro in magwell which has kept the mags wobble free and secure. Internally the only work its had is a de-gunk, a reshim and a new Madbull hop/barrel/nub combination as the stock one is absolute crud! Its working excellently and the G&P M120 is faultless! I've added quite a few external upgrades to mine including a MAGPUL UBR stock with I run a small 1100mAh 7.4V lipo in. Keeps the rifle running brilliantly with a cracking ROF. FPS is around 330, started out a little more but its settled now. Range and accuracy is fantastic but this is probably due to the Madbull hop/barrel upgrades! Have had the rifle for just over a year now, used it as my primary AEG and have had absolutely no problems at all touch wood! My rating is 9/10 simply because the stock hop unit and magazine housing!

G&P M733:
                          Again another quality rifle with standard G&P externals. Again its very solid with no wobbles, however, it is much much lighter than my URX. The body seems to be made of a different material or is at least finished in a different method. However, this isnt really a problem, just a noticeable difference to me! It had the same magazine housing issue as my URX but I used the same remedy and have had no qualms since! Again its had the same internal treatment as my URX and is again running on a 1100mAh 7.4v lipo with no problems at all! FPS has settled to around 340. This has been my back up AEG for the past 6 months, the only problem i've had is a complete re-wire however if you decide not to go swimming in a river with it this can be completely avoided! My rating is 8/10 because of the stock hop unit again and due to its weight, however, this is simply personal preference, it is still a great little shooter!

G&P LMT MRP Magpul Custom:
                          Again G&P so excellent externals as expected (can you tell I'm a G&P fanboy???) Only had this a few weeks now, feels amazing to hold with no wobbles due to the upper receiver and RIS being one peice. It is slightly front heavy, but that's not a problem for me, it still seems strangely balanced! With the Magpul parts (yes I'm also a Magpul fanboy, deal with it) the rifle is very comfy to hold and sits securely in your shoulder. Internally this has already had the same treatment as the other two (its now my standard G&P procedure). I have been running this on a 1200mah 7.4v lipo, however, the rifle seems to be straining to pull the spring back and the battery only lasts 20 mins max so I am looking at getting a battery with a higher mAh and discharge rate to see if that'll fix the problem. If not I may have to go up to 11.1v Lipos. From the time that I have used the rifle however I cant really fault it other than the battery issues so i'm going to give it a 8/10 but once I have a new battery I can see this easily going up!

WE/Socom Gear Punisher 1911:
                          Absolutely lovely pistol. I know a lot of people say to stay away from WE/Socom Gear but I beg to differ. This pistol has been a complete gem to me! Runs amazingly even in the cold. The range is excellent and the kick never ceases to bring a smile on my face! It does rattle quite a bit however, but to me that's not a major issue! Overall i'll give it a 7/10 yes its an excellent pistol but itll still never match up to a TM or KSC!

TM Glock 18C:
                          Its a full auto Glock brought to us by TM. Cant complain! Stock its amazing, is actually surprisingly hard to control on full auto but mind numbingly fun at the same time! I've upgraded mine with a Tan Guarder metal slide mainly because I wanted it for looks, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock plastic slide! The mags hold enough gas for 2 fills and it seems to be performing well in the cold so far! Would seriously recommend this pistol or in fact the Glock 17 as they are very similar. I sold my 17 for the 18 and other than the full auto addition there is very little difference to me!

Comment

Oh and I should add, I'm not just trying to replicate the reviews section. This thread can be used to recommend guns, say what ones players should avoid and generally just share gun experiences. Thanks for the contributions so far

Comment

It’s not a bad idea as it is just a simplistic form of the review section and as we do have a review section so the thing to do would be to move it to there. It does however need to be sorted into some form of categories, to make it easier to search; otherwise you would have to spend a lot of time looking through the whole thread to find the paragraph about the gun you are considering.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                              Working...
                              X