Personal Gun Experience Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Personal Gun Experience Section

Would it not be easier to have another section for this? Then in in section there are lots of sub sections for each gun? It would be much easier to navigate rather than having 10 pages for example all of different guns? I think its a good idea but not in a thread but more of another section.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

so is this the new review section or what.....you can't have two, it's one or the other. Needs to be sorted one way or t'other.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
        Would it not be easier to have another section for this? Then in in section there are lots of sub sections for each gun? It would be much easier to navigate rather than having 10 pages for example all of different guns? I think its a good idea but not in a thread but more of another section.
        Do you mean like a REVIEW section, that could say be broken down into /rifles and smgs, /Pistols and Revolvers, /Sniper Rifles, etc.?

Comment

No this isn't a new review section. It's just your experiences with guns. Weather that is in the form of 'Don't buy a ******, mine broke in 2 days..', or a mini review.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
            Do you mean like a REVIEW section, that could say be broken down into /rifles and smgs, /Pistols and Revolvers, /Sniper Rifles, etc.?
            Well I think this idea would be much better than the current Review section as in the review section it tends to be one person that does a long review, albeit good or bad but then that's about it. If 4 or 5 people did mini reviews on every gun the Review section will have alot more information and we all know performance varies from gun to gun especially in cheap clones. I do agree though that we shouldn't have two sections, but in my opinion this woks better.
            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I do agree though that we shouldn't have two sections, but in my opinion this woks better.
              Just wait until this thread reaches a few hundred odd posts it'd be a ballache trying to find the small bit about the gun you're looking to get info on. If a new player can't be bothered to look through a dedicated section of the forum you really think he/her will be bothered to read through the hundred odd posts?

Comment

You do realise you can search a thread right? It'll then group everything together.

To be honest I can see this as a good and a bad thing! I personally would definitely find a benefit of a lot of shorter reviews from more people than just one long review as it gives me some varying opinions for me to base my purchase on. However, it will get clustered to an extent. An equilibrium between the current review section and this needs to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                  You do realise you can search a thread right? It'll then group everything together.
                  Was that directed at me? Because if it was then yes I do.

IIrc there used to be a sticky about using the search on the old forum as it was never being used hence the constant "what am bestust", "What would you like made" and threads of that ilk that seemed to pop up almost daily. Using the search function is still in the sticky in the new players/advice section and still threads get copied.

Theres a reason that forums are divided into sections, it tends to make searching for things easier.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                    Just wait until this thread reaches a few hundred odd posts it'd be a ballache trying to find the small bit about the gun you're looking to get info on. If a new player can't be bothered to look through a dedicated section of the forum you really think he/her will be bothered to read through the hundred odd posts?
                    Have you been reading my posts? I am saying exactly what you are saying... We shouldn't have this section and a review for example but just this section in place of the reviews section.

Comment

I do agree though that we shouldn't have two sections, but in my opinion this woks better.
                      I take that as refering to this thread.

Have you been reading my posts?
                      See above.

Comment

This seems to be going round and round in circles... i give up. Im going to watch bright coloured things explode in the sky! XD

Comment

This is obviously not going to work :c I hoped to help some new players out, and I wanted to see what interesting guns some of you have. Oh well, I tried. Mods can close this, I hope someone comes up with a better idea.

Thanks

Comment

To be honest, this thread is more of a discussion... I like the idea and maybe it should be implemented into the review section, however to have potentially hundreds of gun reviews in one thread won't work.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                            Working...
                            X