This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This month's ai

Now before i start i would like to clarify that i really appreciate what all the guys at AI do and the high quality of which they do it.

Did any one else have some errors in there mag, now i don't mean little spelling mistake here and there but for example on the performance scores for the g36 group test the manufacturer changes from umarex to tm and src to real sword.
    Now i appreciate there was a lot of work in this issue i just wondered if im mistaken in what is written and im just being dumb (there is a good chance of that :P) but to my knowledge real sword haven't made a g36.
    please don't take this as a rant i really just want clarification if im reading it wrong or not
    Originally posted by fuzzhead
    I am wondering if a gay boy will fit an warrior l96 and what the point of them are

Re: This month's ai

I always notice little errors, they seem to be quite frequent. I have seen them mix up manufacturers a lot.

I didn't get this months magazine in my subscription. Not sure why :c

Comment

Yeah, you aren't the only one to have spotted the errors. I just laughed, it's shows they are only human after all!
      sigpic
      http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

FFS.... I'm sure I picked that one out in my list of alterations... Sorry guys, it really frustrates me when things like that slip through the net, so I can appreciate your annoyance.

With a bit of luck, things have gotten a lot better in recent months, but we still are a very small operation in comparison to other publishers. Nether the less, we'll strive to keep the standard as high as possible.

For clarity, we are talking about Umarex and SRC in the AEG test... not TM and RS. Again, sorry for the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddykiller View Post
          Yeah, you aren't the only one to have spotted the errors. I just laughed, it's shows they are only human after all!
          Not a valid point, editors are there to make sure this doesn’t happen. I wasn't going to post about this but since someone has already started a thread I may as well say my piece.

This special AEG review edition is the first copy of AI I have read and the first airsoft magazine I have bought. Within the first 10 pages I was out of fingers to count mistakes on and such obvious things like the brand names during the review of the G36's. I don't often buy magazines as most information can be found on the net so easily but I was excited to have an Airsoft mag in my hands and to have a read through, I was however quite disappointed by the constant errors and poor quality of writing and vocabulary. I did also buy a copy of Airsoft Action which I was much happier with, both with the style of writing and attention to detail. I’m afraid that I will not be buying AI again but if I do have the opportunity I may buy Airsoft Action.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
            FFS.... I'm sure I picked that one out in my list of alterations... Sorry guys, it really frustrates me when things like that slip through the net, so I can appreciate your annoyance.

With a bit of luck, things have gotten a lot better in recent months, but we still are a very small operation in comparison to other publishers. Nether the less, we'll strive to keep the standard as high as possible.

For clarity, we are talking about Umarex and SRC in the AEG test... not TM and RS. Again, sorry for the error.
            ben if you want a friend of mine is an english teacher in peterborough i can send her round to re-educate you lol

Comment

could be worse... they could read this and not say sorry

for all that complain and when i say complain i mean have a bitch... go make your own airsoft mag... or mag full stop... its not easy at all
              If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by woody549 View Post
                could be worse... they could read this and not say sorry

for all that complain and when i say complain i mean have a bitch... go make your own airsoft mag... or mag full stop... its not easy at all
                What a completly foolish thing to say. I have a job, I work hard and im good at what I do. I don't have time to write magazine every month that I expect people to buy with the money they work hard to earn. I do however have the time to write constructive cristism that the editor may take into consideration on their next issue. Your comment however does not help anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                  Not a valid point, editors are there to make sure this doesn’t happen. I wasn't going to post about this but since someone has already started a thread I may as well say my piece.

This special AEG review edition is the first copy of AI I have read and the first airsoft magazine I have bought. Within the first 10 pages I was out of fingers to count mistakes on and such obvious things like the brand names during the review of the G36's. I don't often buy magazines as most information can be found on the net so easily but I was excited to have an Airsoft mag in my hands and to have a read through, I was however quite disappointed by the constant errors and poor quality of writing and vocabulary. I did also buy a copy of Airsoft Action which I was much happier with, both with the style of writing and attention to detail. I’m afraid that I will not be buying AI again but if I do have the opportunity I may buy Airsoft Action.
                  Somebody once told me "you can't please everybody all of the time"...

Sorry you were so dissatisfied, Drop me an email ([email protected]), let me know where those mistakes were and I'll endeavour to make sure they are not repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                    What a completly foolish thing to say. I have a job, I work hard and im good at what I do. I don't have time to write magazine every month that I expect people to buy with the money they work hard to earn. I do however have the time to write constructive cristism that the editor may take into consideration on their next issue. Your comment however does not help anyone.
                    neither does your comment

take it up with the editor, dont have a bitch on the forum slating a company

airsoft is a word of mouth game, you slate off the mag, people arent going to buy the mag.

well done you have a job and work hard, no one said you didnt do that.

but they work hard and the fact that ben has even publicly said sorry shows they are taking it.

take your negativity elsewhere
                    If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

We don't need no trouble in here lads!

Thanks for the support, and equally, thanks for the feedback, be it positive or negative... We can't grow without it!

Comment

The amount of errors i see on forums like this, im not too fussed about a couple in a magazine. At least Ben is on here trying to rectify things with the rectify things with the readers!
                        Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                        Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

I'm not too bothered with little mistakes, I still enjoy reading the magazine.

Oh and Ben, who exactly is entitled for this months magazine? I haven't received mine through my subscription and was wondering what's up.

Comment

I don't know why everyones bumming over how bad this mag was, it only took a couple of pages in to picking it up in WHSmiths to buy it. Was very pleased with it and found some very interesting things out, which I never knew before - defiantly worth the 4 quid. I seriously hate when people troll on a few errors, its nothing bad as you know what its meant to be so whats the problem? Just keep on reading and enjoy!

Comment

I may be missing something here as I've only had a flick through the mag but i swear they're doing reviews of guns and cross referencing different brands in each review, which would explain why they switch names. Obviously however Real Sword have never made a g36, however hard you look!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raptor Find out more about Raptor
                              Working...
                              X