Propane Or Green Gas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Or Green Gas ?

Which is better , and which should I get ?
    Propane
    75.56%
    Green gas
    24.44%

The poll is expired.

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Re: Propane Or Green Gas ?

What gun and green gas as all it is is propane with gun lube mixed in. Propane can be used but needs more attention and maintenance for the gun.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Propane all day long.

As long as your site allows it that is.

Cheaper
      Cleaner
      No lube (or overlube)
      Consistant power output between cans.

Originally posted by Christo View Post
      What gun and green gas as all it is is propane with gun lube mixed in. Propane can be used but needs more attention and maintenance for the gun.
      Knackers!!!!

Propane needs lube adding every now and then, thats it.
      And that comes free with the AI adaptor or under £5 from hobby shops/RC car stockists.

Comment

The gun s a TM Glock 17 mate , and as im new to GBB's how would i maintanence it properly ?

Plato

Comment

I'm not sure you should be using either with the TM glock. Might be wrong but I think due to it being plastic green gas or propane is too strong. Wait for more experienced people though as I might be wrong.
          "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

This topic's been brought up a lot, but I still have no idea what the truth is. Green gas is propane minis the lubricant plus the horrible scent, and since we are located in the UK not the states, the price difference isn't huge, especially for the portable bottle sizes. However, I have heard that propane are usually slightly more compressed, generating a little more pressure, slightly better performance in the cold and higher FPS. Propane's containers are also safer compared to the thin green gas cans (not that green gas cans are dangerous), but also heavier if that matters to you.

Usually we aren't allowed to mention shop names because freedom of speech is overrated, but I bought a bulk of Zero One Pro Gas Pack of 10 Bundle, buy now and save £14.55, please visit http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5055, alternatively, call 01202769614 within the next 5 minutes to receive nothing for free, that is 01202769614, you will be helped by a professionally trained friendly assistant to aid you on your purchase, have a good day and welcome to the Zeroin, the forum of the UK Airsoft Superstore.

No but seriously, you don't save too much on propane in this country, and personally I can't stand the stink. Airsoft innovation has published a lab test on their website that proves green gas and other airsoft gas are in fact just propane with lubricant.

Comment

The slide and body may be plastic on the TM, but most of the internals are metal. From my experience (TM 226's and Hi-capa's) they take propane no problem.

As tisane says too, it doesn't need lubrication added on every use. Plus at £11.70 for 2.34 Litres the adapters pay themselves back quite quickly.

Edit: Actually with the gas linked in the above post you only save £2.85 a litre. But then again you don't have to spend £55 to achieve that...

Comment

Propane, all the way. You can get 2 bottles of Colemans propane for the price of a single bottle of Green, and the propane bottles last twice as long! so for the price of one bottle of green gas, you get 4x the amount of shooty fun!

Power output, the difference is negligable, Im running a TM Glock 18c and on propane it whacks out around 310, on green it pushes about 300. There no reason why you cant use green or propane in a TM pistol, the age old rumor of "OH TEH NOES, TEH PLASTIC WILL EXPLODEZORS!!1!111!!!ELEVCENTYONE!" is a load of bull, the new TM pistols are rock solid. Worst case scenario your slide cracks after a year or so of heavy use, and you buy a new slide for £15 from Z1.

Propane performs slightly better than green in the cold too, I have nothing to base this on other than personal experience, and I dont know why, I assume its something to do with the canister pressure or something like that or maybe because its not slopping with lube.

Comment

But save you do.

£6.95 for a single can of Zero Ones own brand Green gas.
                  £15 average for 2 Colemans Propane tanks.

And the 2 Colemans tanks will last 4 time longer than the single can of Green.
                  Also i seem to remember a while back people having a right mare with so called "Green" from Zero One that had the same power as 134a, you dont get that with Propane.

If you go even deeper Colemans cans can even be refilled for between £1-£1.50 per can.

I will personaly never put any form of comercialy available "Green" in my mags again.

Comment

Where do i get this "Magic" colemans gas then :D

Plato

Comment

Plus, take a Colemans propane stove and have hot food/drink too.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coleman-Pr...item5890ed700e

Is this the stuff ?

Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron View Post
                          Where do i get this "Magic" colemans gas then :D
                          Ebay
                          Google
                          Or
                          Go Outdoors

Beware of sellers stating free postage and then you find in the listing "collection only"

Edit
                          Exactly the same Ebay seller i use

Comment

millets is your best option for buying colemans, i walked out the store with 4 bottles for a tenner cos one of the tins was dented slightly

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              Edit
                              Exactly the same Ebay seller i use
                              What you mean the link I posted ?

Plato

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieron Find out more about Kieron
                              Working...
                              X