Propane Or Green Gas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane Or Green Gas ?

Love a bit of propane, my mb adapter works fine with all my gbb's mags tm included.

Comment

Whichever you choose just stay away from Z1 Green Gas, you'd be better sticking an AI adapter up your ass and filling your mag up with fart.
      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
        Whichever you choose just stay away from Z1 Green Gas, you'd be better sticking an AI adapter up your ass and filling your mag up with fart.
        lolwut only the old generation of Z1's GG was bad. The current one is fine.
        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Untill the next dodgy batch

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron View Post
            Which is better , and which should I get ?

propane is 'better' at being cheaper, however without the added silicone your gbb may get very dry internally and may require more maintenance or input on your part

green gas is 'better' at being a propellent specifically designed for airsoft guns by including the lubricant in with the gas, of course that makes it more expensive..

if both propane and green cost the same would anybody still be counselling the use of propane in our expensive toys?

not very many i suspect, so that would suggest to me that it mostly comes down to cost

as to which one you should buy, it doesn't really matter so long as you know the likely consequences of each particular option

Comment

Bloody double posts
              Last edited by Barlow; 28 November, 2011, 12:45. Reason: Double post
              Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                lolwut only the old generation of Z1's GG was bad. The current one is fine.
                You see I heard this myth as well, until my mate bought a tin for his KJW P226 last week or the week before and it barely moved the slide never mind had enough force to lock it back.
                Get it right roon ye!

Comment

I apologise in advance if it seems I'm trying to divert the course of this discussion slightly, but I think this is still on topic.

I use a GBB rifle and pistol, and currently just fill them both with green. Mainly for the convenience, and as I don't get out too much these days, the cost aint too bad either.

Does anyone have any advice about how best to use both types 'without' an adaptor?

What I mean is, can I get two propane fills without lube as long as every third fill is with green?

Comment

Originally posted by hotelkilo View Post
                    propane is 'better' at being cheaper, however without the added silicone your gbb may get very dry internally and may require more maintenance or input on your part

green gas is 'better' at being a propellent specifically designed for airsoft guns by including the lubricant in with the gas, of course that makes it more expensive..

if both propane and green cost the same would anybody still be counselling the use of propane in our expensive toys?

not very many i suspect, so that would suggest to me that it mostly comes down to cost

as to which one you should buy, it doesn't really matter so long as you know the likely consequences of each particular option
                    Propane does have lube, its just that the user has the control over how much is used, not the little china man filling your overpriced overlubed green can.

Originally posted by alex4 View Post

What I mean is, can I get two propane fills without lube as long as every third fill is with green?
                    If you put silicone oil in the adaptor your using on your Propane theres no reason why you would need to use green too, that would seriously overlube your GBB.

Comment

oh blimey, there's me, 5 months into airsoft, thinking I've got some of the basics down, and then you realise you have no idea what's going on!!

My understanding was that green gas is propane with lube (and lovely perfume), whereas propane is just propane (i.e. no lube); the propane adaptors are what you use to add silicone lube.

Comment

Depending on what one your using.

AI (plastic one) you add the lube to the hole in the top of the tank, 2 drops for every 8-10 mag fills.

Madbull (metal one) you add the lube via the little screw out plug in the side of the adaptor itself.

If you have Propane, adaptor and silicone oil theres no reason why you would need to use Green gas.

Comment

thanks tisane, I'm with you now.

would I be able to use propane 'without' an adapter though? For example, 2 fills or unlubed propane to one fill of greasy green?

Comment

Do you mean without an adaptor as in that

Or without lube in the adaptor?

Comment

I love forums, they're great at letting others know how little you (as in I) know about stuff.

I thought you needed a special adaptor (like those made by AI), that allowed the addition of silicone, but that you were also able to use propane without this adaptor (using some sort of basic connector). I am now starting to realise (and please correct me if this is wrong), that I would need an AI (or similar) propane adaptor regardless of whether I intended to add silicone to the mix.

thanks for your patience...

Comment

Yeah. The adapter steps the massive gaping threaded hole of the propane tank into the lighter/airsoft style pokey nozzle. The way that the AI adapter adds silicone is simply by asking you to drop 2 drops of oil directly into the propane hole, then screw the adapter on top of it.

The adapter is fairly cheap though, about £15 new from a certain store which likes to help you burn things... heh

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieron Find out more about Kieron
                                Working...
                                X