Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Li-Po Batterys ?

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
    Just make sure they don't discharge below 3volts. Thats 3 volts per cell, so for a 3S battery that would be 9 Volts. You can buy a small device that cuts the power when it gets this low. I would recommend you do that because a duff Li po is very expensive to replace. Also don't charge over 4.2 volts as this can cause a fire hazard too but as said previously most Li Po chargers will do this and balance the cells too and on reaching full charge will then perform maintenance constantly. My charger charges 4 types of battery and cost me around 50 quid about 2 years ago. I use it for all my rc models as I need chargers for Ni Cads, Lead acid, Ni Mh and Li Po's. It is a Multiplex Multicharger LN5014. Also with nearly all Li Pos you will get safety and operating intsructions included. Hope this helps
    This little device he speaks of is called a Li-Po Saver.

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Comment

hoggy if i'm not mistaken having a lipo batt wont change a thing in fps or range, the ROF most probably will be changed but not fps or range

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

Admittedly the increase in FPS and range are minimal. Probably about 5/10 fps and about another 10ft on range, but still! Its not much, and probably wont work on everything, but considering the only gun i use a li-po in is my CA m15, and it seems to work wonders in it!
        Anyway...
        Chargers. I use a Duremax DX-BC3 25-35 LIPO Balance charger. Cost about 25-30 quid. It has a 2 pin and 3 pin input, and 2 LED's on it for battery testing and charging purposes.
        Yes LIPO are expensive. But if you look after them, they should last the same or possibly longer than normal 'wet' cell batterys.
        Also, another advantage of the LIPO is that you can break them down, and put them into confined spaces. Rather than having a big bulky battery, remove the oouter covering, then split the lines of cells into seperate parts. Heat shrink round the cells once seperated, and then put them into your gun. Handy if your using a handguard that is very small.
        Another bonus is because them are small, ive managed to get 2 into a peq box, meaning quick battery changes!
        The one im currently using is an 11.1v, but i cant find it at the moment, so will post back with maH later!

Comment

Im really not sure about the battery changing fps and range... by which I mean, Im very sure it shouldnt make the slightest bit of difference. A higher voltage does nothing but cycle the gearbox faster. Since the piston dropping is nothing to do with the electricals at all, all the power comes from the spring, and the fps is based on a number of other things that affect the power from there. If you are experiencing a small change in fps... its likely to be coincidence. *just* changing the battery should make no difference.

Another thing to note about lipols is that every year their maximum capacity degrades by ~10% This starts happening from the first time they are charged, and continues to happen regardless of usage or misusage. Misused, and this can be accelerated.

Comment

Just bought and fitted a 2100mAh 7.4v 2 cell LiPo for my AUG RAS for under £20, I've read on a few places that have said the AEG should have a MOSFET fitted before running LiPo's?

Luckily I have a balance charger for 2 and 3 cell LiPo's from my remote control heli so no need to buy another charger for the AEG LiPo.

Rate of fire is relative to a 9.6v Ni-Mh and fits snugly in the same space as the standard mini 1100 mAh 8.4v that came with it (but always have that as a backup), jobs a goodun! :D
            Last edited by JC5IVE; 11 February, 2009, 16:02.

Trader Rating

Comment

FET's are a good idea for those high output batteries. That power can cause arching across the trigger contacts. Eventually buggering your trigger. Nothing that can't be replaced, but prevention is better than cure. FET's will help with ROF as well.

To give a comparison between Li-Pol and Ni-MH. A 9.6v 1400mAh Ni-MH mini by VP, will put out around 25 amps. Giving you 240 Watts. An Elite 7.4 2200mAh 30C Li Pol, slightly smaller, will output 66amps constantly. Giving you 488 Watts.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

My charger comes with multiple charge modes so you can trickle charge to fast charge and highly programmable but was 50 quid new. As said previously you can pick a charge up for around 25 30 quid but make sure it is a balance charger
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I am running a lipo setup i managed to get for under £25 it consists of a small 2-3 cell (7.4v & 11.1v) balance charger and TWO 11.1v 1000mah mini batteries this lasts me all day using a M4 firing about 2-3k rounds a day minimum. all i had to do was put the mini tamiaya connectors on the batterys cost £1 including postage. bought the chargr and batts from a certain internet auction site the balance charger is 67(L) x 47(W) x 20(H)mm cost about £8 posted, had in all about 6 months no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by music_man613 View Post
                    I am running a lipo setup i managed to get for under £25 it consists of a small 2-3 cell (7.4v & 11.1v) balance charger and TWO 11.1v 1000mah mini batteries this lasts me all day using a M4 firing about 2-3k rounds a day minimum. all i had to do was put the mini tamiaya connectors on the batterys cost £1 including postage. bought the chargr and batts from a certain internet auction site the balance charger is 67(L) x 47(W) x 20(H)mm cost about £8 posted, had in all about 6 months no problems at all.
                    Why didnt you buy Deans connectors?

Comment

I agree Pro deans connectors are much easier to use and you will find most Li Po's use those
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Also, much less resistance : )

Comment

and thus an increase in ROF................. plus less heating up of the connectors

Comment

Indeed. Tamiya connectors are pretty cack tbh, i duno about in Airsoft, but RC racing, they tend to slip off.

Comment

Originally posted by propaintballa View Post
                              Indeed. Tamiya connectors are pretty cack tbh, i duno about in Airsoft, but RC racing, they tend to slip off.
                              Slip off? What about the catch on them?

Comment

The cataches arent always that great. It obviously hasnt happened to you, but has happened to me multiple times during RC racing like i explained.

Dont bother replying to what i said if you can only come back with some cockey remark

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                                Working...
                                X