nice little tip for cleaning barrels very easily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nice little tip for cleaning barrels very easily

well no all your using is an roll up cigarette filter no wider than a BB only longer

Comment

in all the time ive done it ive never got one stuck,
      and yep you just push it all the way down and fire it out, if i doesnt come out the first fire then keep fireing it because you probably have a stupid ammount of greace and dirt in your barrel
      peace up ace down

Comment

you, sir, are a genius.
        http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/cliftond/lampard.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Great - now im gonna be smoking filter-less for never ending barrel cleaning!

hahaha

Comment

i would saw tap it down gently with the cleaning rod untill u meet a little resistance dont force it down or you'll put the filter tip past the hop bucking

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

If you push the cleaner (filter) down the barrel from the end, you are effectively pushing loads or dirt/oil down the barrel that wont be fired out because it's on the other side of the cleaner (filter) (if that makes sense).

QUOTE=glassJAw1983;88005]used to do this with air rifles. Works really well.[/QUOTE]
              +1, that's what I thought...

This works for air rifles, because you are putting the cleaner in from one side and firing it out the other. You're proposing putting the cleaner (filter) in one end and firing it out of the same end - theoretically this doesn't seem like it would work very well.

Even if it does manage to clean the barrel, I'm predicting it will most likely leave dirt/oil on the hop-up bucking.

If you were to remove the magazine, and carefully push one of the filters through and passed the hop-up bucking (turn the hop-up off), then I suppose that could work...
              Trader Feedback:
              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

And a sensible reply finally!! I had no idea when I first replied that you actually meant FIRE the thing along the barrel, I thought you were just using a colloquial term!! Just keep in mind that if you follow this advice..

Originally posted by natfink View Post
                if i doesnt come out the first fire, then keep firing it, because you probably have a stupid amount of grease and dirt in your barrel
                There is the chance (however remote, not a chance worth taking) of popping yer seals. I know of some idiot who put his finger over the end of the barrel and fired the gun to 'see how strong the force was'. He blew out the seals. It don't take much.

Oh, and yes Natfink, I couldn't resist fixing the spelling. :p
                Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

i can see screw up hops, i think ill stick to the cleaning rod method with cue-tips for the hop rubber
                  Last edited by Alfer; 13 February, 2009, 09:40. Reason: Brain Fart

Comment

can anyone buy filter? cos im only 15 i was owondering if i can still buy em?
                    what lube? silicone?

Comment

you have to be 18 to buy filters, but im sure if you tell your mum what there for she wont mind, and i can see all your points but the filter is thinner than the barrel so doesnt take too much back down with it and then when fired out is normally dirty all the way allong it,
                      just try it,
                      you will see,

and yes my spelling is very bad:P
                      peace up ace down

Comment

Knackered hops - loads of dirt just after the hop & also is it a good thing to fire you gat empty? I didn't think so. Personally I think a cleaning rid is the best bet.
                        I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

natfink your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on Find out more about natfink
                        Working...
                        X