Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the best Hop Up Unit to use?

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
    I would also recomend a Firefly bucking and nub. I've tried a madbull 6.03 vs TK twist in my CQBR. So far the TK lowers the FPS but gives slightly better accuracy at range. Very little in it. If you can streach to firefly, TM bucking with element H hop puts put some serious range too once set up nice and straight.
    I have already said about fire fly but everyone just seemed to ignore my post...

Comment

Skolob I think you probably right there with Firefly - good call

Comment

systema , tokyo marui or madbull in my opinion are the best

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
          I have already said about fire fly but everyone just seemed to ignore my post...
          Proably me trying to read a silly o'clock, sorry chap.
          The firefly is that its not some magic wonder device that it sees to be portaryed as on the internet. Its majorly much better than a Tm rubber and an element black H nub. I swapped that combo out of my ics mx5 pro and the range difference is marginal. What I found was that I got more far more inconsistency with the firefly when not aligned & dialed properly in than H hop. With the h hop it would pull to one side when not set up right, firefly was all over the shop. Both were just a minor tweek to rotation to get the hop vertical. As you say PTFE tape can help a lot ( some are just tuing a loop of dental floss these days for seal). On my mates '60 a single wrap of ptfe removed a lot of inconsistency in fps.

I havent seen the prommy hop unit before I'll got and smurf t'internet to ave a look.

Comment

In my experience there's no such thing as a "best" hop up unit/rubber/nub/barrel. There's no magic bullet so to speak, you have to experiment and see what works well with your system. My M16A2 loved madbull shark rubbers, tm nub in a CA hop unit with a Vanaras barrel and excel 0.25s, but change any one of those out for another item and it would suck. Converesly my M14 doesn't work at all well with madbull rubbers.

Most will tell you to stick in a madbull/prommy hop unit, with a prommy barrel and either firefly or prommy hop rubbers and nub's. This does seem to be a good starting point, but experimentation is definately needed. You won't do wrong with either of those hop units.

Comment

I've got a G&P SR16 and I've put a Madbull combo in. Cant fault it at all. As has been said before, they're designed to work together as a single unit so I dont see the point in mixing and matching parts... Cant fault the unit at all. Easy adjustment and the airseal is excellent.

Definitely the way forward to go in my eyes. Infact i've done the same thing in all of my G&P rifles!

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
                In my experience there's no such thing as a "best" hop up unit/rubber/nub/barrel. There's no magic bullet so to speak, you have to experiment and see what works well with your system. My M16A2 loved madbull shark rubbers, tm nub in a CA hop unit with a Vanaras barrel and excel 0.25s, but change any one of those out for another item and it would suck. Converesly my M14 doesn't work at all well with madbull rubbers.

Most will tell you to stick in a madbull/prommy hop unit, with a prommy barrel and either firefly or prommy hop rubbers and nub's. This does seem to be a good starting point, but experimentation is definately needed. You won't do wrong with either of those hop units.
                Have to agree with this. My M4 has a similar setup with a Madbull blue and CA hop unit, the only difference being the Madbull nub in place of a TM. The range, grouping and general accuracy is very, very good.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm very happy with my Promytheus Strike NEO chamber and the Systema bucking.
                  I've tried the Madbul V2 python and it's crap! Try Promytheus barrels instead, these are more expensive but well worth the extra money.
                  I haven't test the TK twist barrels yet but I've read they work very good at a 500+fps DMR.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                  WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
                    I'm very happy with my Promytheus Strike NEO chamber and the Systema bucking.
                    I've tried the Madbul V2 python and it's crap! Try Promytheus barrels instead, these are more expensive but well worth the extra money.
                    I haven't test the TK twist barrels yet but I've read they work very good at a 500+fps DMR.

Wolf
                    You woul have problems with a tk twist at tht fps. Ideal is .2 around 330 ( I had it firing like a laser beam aroun 370 fps when I first b uilt my g36). As you increase kitetic energy in the BB ( i.e. higher fps) it increases the chance that it drives through the air cusion created and is the hitting grooves in the barrel which will take the BB off the vertical axis of rotation, the result being shite range.

I've got teo AEGs with madbull v2s, the are fine, good range and accuracy. They have to be kept clean and if you do run silicone spry up them, theyneed to be cleaned out after to avoid attracting dust. If the lining starts to break up you are also stuffed too.

Comment

only negative thing i have heard about the madbull unit is it requires some modification to get it to fit (mostly g&ps) have yet to try it myself yet though

Comment

i run the following combo in my m4
                        - Tk twist barrel
                        - Firefly soft nub
                        - Firefly soft bucking
                        - Prommy NEO unit with strike arm

What most people don't realise is when using a firefly bucking you more often than not (especially so with tk twist barrels) have to widen the hop window as much as poss due to the finned design "warping" when the window is too narrow

the above set up gives me crazy range but especially accuracy and consistancy, worth the time getting it all set up properly
                        Edit: I say "crazy" because I don't have any figures to quote, when I'm back from holidays i'll do a few accuracy tests just out of interest.
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fergus37 British army load out FTW Find out more about fergus37
                        Working...
                        X