Collapse

What's the best gas for a TM 1911 MEU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What am bestust gas for a TM 1911 MEU?

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
    The funny thing about this rant is that I would put Abbey Ultra in the same 'Fart Gas' catagory as Zero one anyway and I didnt even know it was the same stuff! haha. Zeroone gas/Abbey Ultra is probably the worst I have used in my Night Warrior. If you havnt tried ASG Ultra Air then I would suggest that, it performs very well and is the only gas I have got a full mag out of in cold temps.
    Might give that a go. Just bought a load of disposable handwarmers from gooutdoors, 4 for £1! That should get em going!
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

The funny thing about this rant is that I would put Abbey Ultra in the same 'Fart Gas' catagory as Zero one anyway and I didnt even know it was the same stuff! haha. Zeroone gas/Abbey Ultra is probably the worst I have used in my Night Warrior. If you havnt tried ASG Ultra Air then I would suggest that, it performs very well and is the only gas I have got a full mag out of in cold temps.
      Abbey Ultra is more powerful than 134a, and I find it powerful enough for any plastic GBBs. Imagine the Japanese who have to use 134a. If Abbey Ultra is the worst in your Night Warrior, try 134a or Duster Gas. That's what they are intended to be used with really.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Might give that a go. Just bought a load of disposable handwarmers from gooutdoors, 4 for £1! That should get em going!
        Good idea about the hand warmers, let us know how you get on. I have always thought about doing that but not sure how i could arrange the hand warmers into my plate carrier for 5 meu mags. The main problem with doing that though is the mag in the gun when its holstered, that first few shots when you draw the pistol and really need it to work straight away!

Comment

Good idea about the hand warmers, let us know how you get on. I have always thought about doing that but not sure how i could arrange the hand warmers into my plate carrier for 5 meu mags. The main problem with doing that though is the mag in the gun when its holstered, that first few shots when you draw the pistol and really need it to work straight away!
          They dont cool down too quickly until theyre used, ive got four pouches for four mags, so not a huge issue. One mag and one handwarmer per pouch. Just put the warmest in the gun, or tape a handwarmer to the grip?

Comment

Propane in the winter, green in the summer

Comment

Re: What's the best gas for a TM 1911 MEU?

But.. they're the same thing save some silicone lube.. :?
              REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
                Might be wrong but i think that different pressures are involved.

And @boo-sabum ben which green gas?

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  Abbey Ultra is more powerful than 134a, and I find it powerful enough for any plastic GBBs. Imagine the Japanese who have to use 134a. If Abbey Ultra is the worst in your Night Warrior, try 134a or Duster Gas. That's what they are intended to be used with really.
                  They use 134a for 2 reasons:
                  1) They have a low fps limit (hence TM AEGs running 285-ish fps).
                  2) They don't have as much cold weather to deal with as we do.

As to the OP:
                  I use Green in my TM M1911A1 in winter, and keep the mag in a jacket pocket until I'm about to need it. That saves on lost mags from holstered guns, too. If I use it in warmer weather, I tend to run it on Green too, but sometimes I use Ultra.

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
                    True, but for some reason Propane cycles your gun faster, and in the heat of summer this can tear your gun apart after a while. Green tends to be slightly calmer so I'd use that in summer on a TM

Comment

Guarder Power Up/Powerful Gas is where it's at - if you don't use propane then this is the gas to go for. Makes the kick of the pistol really crisp and will empty a mag in -4 so long as you don't try and empty the whole thing in one volley. Love the stuff.
                      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I've always used propane in my tm's, never had an issue.
                        Get it right roon ye!

Comment

I think if we had another freak summer and it hit nearly 40deg then propane users may have a lot of broken teeth as the the slide flies back off the rail and smacks them in the face. Thing is our summers are usualy rubbish and last 5 minutes so I wouldnt use anything lower than green gas, despite what the guns are recommended to use. My white T-shirts say I shouldnt wash them with any other colour, but I say screw the rules, I live on the edge and so do my guns!

And anyway if it breaks just buy a new slide, the only expensive bits on a TM are usually the metal parts and they will be fine if it explodes on you.

Comment

Just order propane off eBay :I its ike £10 or less for 2 cans.

Ill never go back to using "airsoft gasses" again, theyre horrifically overpriced and a majority of them are crap.

Comment

i just throw in a 150% recoil spring and run them on propane, gives crisp cycling and hasnt damaged my gun been through 15K rounds so far
                              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X