Is DPM still the best camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DPM still the best camo

Having seen and indeed tried many of the various types available, from tigerstripe to multicam, In my opinion, when it comes to playing in the great british countryside, generally speaking, nothing is as effective as, good old DPM, and it still looks great too, what do you guys think?
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Re: Is DPM still the best camo

I wear WW2 German oakleaf pattern and in my opinion it renders you much less visible than DPM, in fact I'd go as far as saying DPM is one of the less effective camo schemes. But seeing as airsoft engagement distance usually renders camo less effective its mostly down to personal preference.

Comment

DPM was developed for hiding in German Forests (at night). Innefective most other places as you just 'blob out'. MTP much better all round. One thing they got right... except the cut...

For airsoft, does it matter? Most airsofters don't even attempt to conceal themselves / move tactically anyway - just mince around like a bunch of meercats.

Comment

I found marpat be the most discrete for our surroundings.
        my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Well Pan, an expert view I suppose, so i accept totally mate, I only play of course, and then, usually in woodland, so that's where my impression came from, thanks for the insight into the "real" world. LOL.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

i find mtp blends in the best from what ive used from green grass to dead grass dpm just makes you look like a dark blob

Comment

In a good dense woodland with lots of shadows etc DPM is great. I doubt youll ever be airsofting in that though. Most sites are more open, especially as most of the plant life has had such a kicking from gameplay or such.
              Also as Pan and others have noted most 'softers know squat about concielling themselves etc added the ranges we play at, makes anything but bright clubwear just as effective. Although if you are to be using cover etc then a few do lend themselves well, terrain derending of course.

Comment

i think flecktarn is better in british woodland than DPM, nearly trodden other people whereing it and also nearly been trodden on, long as you stay still in some ferns or something similar i dont think you can beat it, though i like my camogrom for a lot of differing situations, ie woodland with a bit of fibua.
                Agree with the opinion that in british summer time dpm just make you look like a dark blob, find somewhere muddy enough in winter though could probably be effective

Comment

Ive found a white Disha Dasha blended, well it seemed no one could see me when I was in the open.

Im personnaly not one who will bother to wear camo anymore to blend. Most airsofters are blind anyway :p . :D
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

For woodland at the minute, im more convinced that Marpat is the winner, it blends inso well, ive had people walk about a meter away from me well im hiding in a bush and not see me, it might not be the marpat though, maybe its just my ninja skills Im convinced that multicam an mtp are the best for urban though )

Owner of DCS
                    (Doom custom shooters)
                    PM me for Custom work!

Comment

CADPAT works great in the summer. It's like MARPAT, but less brown. Infact, it's the reason why MARPAT was created.

Comment

I wear Czech camo, along with my team, and we were surprised at how effective it was on our first outing in it.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
                          I wear Czech camo, along with my team, and we were surprised at how effective it was on our first outing in it.
                          I've got some of that, it's great and it's cheap.

Comment

A ghillie? :p
                            Dpms not so good in the day,
                            Vegetato aint so bad as its brighter
                            I know its from a game buuut..
                            Tree bark?

or this, which i was looking for a real version of. Its called leaf.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've found US woodland to be better than DPM - less bright for a start.
                              Some people I've seen mix camo - DPM jacket, with desert trousers. That can be effective, too. Not a new idea, though.
                              My WW2 Brit airborne works quite well, and that's a very similar "pattern" - DPM-style smock, and brown BD trousers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
                              Working...
                              X