Is DPM still the best camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is DPM still the best camo

ill have a look, cheers bro, much apperciated!
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Pffft. Whats the point in cam and concealment anyway? If i'm hiding in a bush, you can't see how damn fine my rig looks!

Fieldcraft is for pussies!
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
        I'm not too keen on Real Tree camos and that sorta thing. I admit it can be great but its too terrain pacific not to mention gives that deer stalked look ;-)
        I want to try that newish stuff made by a Britain company, can't for the life of me remember its name though but its currently unavailable over here and every retailer state side won't ship or charge stupid $$ (and no not mpt lol)
        I find multicam is good at being a jack of all trades and master of none. Obviously that includes mtp. Thinking of giving ol' tiger strip a go soon for woodland as dessy tiger is great for autumn.

Sent from my God Like Device using TapaTalk
        Think you may be talking about pencott camo.

I do a lot a ww2 and find my FJ splinter b pattern works very well, also got to agree with the other ww2 guy that German oak leaf is one of the best plus the smock is reversible for spring/summer or autumn/winter. Flektarn is almost the same pattern but slight difference in colours. Not bad for a 70 year old design.

Comment

Ah yes thats the one, Pencott camo Looks pretty decent, if only it was a little more availible!
          Cant wait for the ATACS FG release though

Comment

This might give you an idea:
            lineup.jpg

The WW2 Brit Airborne is on the far left.

Comment

CADPAT is awesome in the Summer, especially in heavy greenery such as ferns and rosydendrum(sp?) bushes
              WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

I've found my MTP pretty damn effective, though I definitely want to get some of the FG Atacs, that looks real nice.

Comment

My vote goes to Flecktarn... pretty much effective all through the year

Comment

DPM is not the best but it is very good. So much so the Russians decided to nick it and call it Smog Camo:

For woodland summer/spring time: I think aforementioned CADPAT is one of the best along said Danish Flecktarn. Good old German Flecktarn is great during the winter and autumn due to it having more orangey brown blobs (but still not bad in summer or spring either). I just got some Vegetato and I have to say I am very impressed with it (it may even be better than Flecktarn).

DPM is still pretty good and is probably the best low end price range camo.
                    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                    Check out my other sales!

Comment

the way camo seems to be becoming trendy, it might be the only, low end price camo..lol.
                      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I'm quite liking some of the Russian stuff. They got a few that I recon would go well in a Brit woodland and not that commen in airsoft either so all good :-)

Sent from my God Like Device using TapaTalk

Comment

Well once Autumn arrives, the original 'advantage' is unbeatable in oak woods, I have been stepped on before
                          had a ghillie suit, for high summer, ( synthetics on mesh not jutes on hessian :p ) was very good
                          winter in woods used nato DPM , the same colour as soldier 95 is
                          spring used pre nato DPM the lighter para smock colouring
                          used one called 'cabbage patch' lighter green with purple and whitish patches, springtime shrub areas, unfortunately can only find the trousers now 8(
                          had a variety of types over the years, since I got out I've been into airgun hunting, painball (yeah I spelt it how it is! at least a tippman doesn't have bayonet lugs)
                          extra ghilllie short cords( 6 inch ) , a variety of mesh, an advantage leafsuit as a base layer, and a lot of patience: will set you up in any environment that isn't urban
                          any urban that isn't 'broken down' you might as well wear the daft splinter in light gray and more importantly don't move , you can wear a T shirt and jeans and just sit totally still and people will look right past you,
                          any Camo that's known by an acronym is pretty much a JOAT and MON although the original deni smock used by para's ww2 was like normal DPM but with HUGE patches, reduced blobbing out as the pattern was about ten times bigger than normal, but before then they were painted by hand, makes things a lot easier
                          get a huge heavy canvas smock from a certain smock company found on an auction site and spray colours on that you need, works wonderfully for the 1940's snipers etc but is messy 8)
                          sigpic.
                          Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                          Especially mine.

Comment

http://fototelegraf.ru/wp-content/up.../masking10.jpg

I need the fabric they made their sofa from..............

actually the sofa is very close to the cabbage camo I mentioned earlier
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic.
                            Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                            Especially mine.

Comment

A 27 month necro? Damn that is a big one (that's what she said).

Also if we go by NATO standards DPM was always considered the best woodland camo until CADPAT came along however DPM is still very popular the world over given that the base brushstrokes pattern has been sold on to dozens of countries.

'FireKnife'
                              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

so far the best camo i've used is a bright green and purple clown suit complete with red wig and squeky nose, had 5 people walk past me as i sat behind cover and took half of them out with my balloon sword :-), also had a player run out in front of me, do a complete 360 the start stalking down the path infront of me, so imho the less tactical you are the less you stand out.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
                                Working...
                                X