Hey From Croydon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey From Croydon

Welcome aboard Andy, and don't worry about silly questions, (i'm still asking them now) just ask away, and we'll try our best to help, enjoy airsoft mate..
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
      If you get a Top Tech Raider L make sure its the GEN 3 top techs as these have a mosfet preinstalled meaning (so G&G claim) they are 11.1v LiPo ready out the box.

Top techs have the advantage of having a tightbore barrel, uprated wiring, a hi torque motor and a metal body. All in all worth paying the extra if you can afford it.

Also, you're not allowed to mention other retailers here.

"There are no other airsoft retailers, only Zeul..."
      Thanks for the advise bud, I think I'm going to save up and go for a Gen3 - although I saw a sale on Gen2 which was very tempting IIRC there was a couple for £130 new! I'll keep in mind not to mention any other retailers "they who shall not be named"

Originally posted by assimilate View Post
      i'm a regular down epsom and its great fun
      games are sundays but games also run every weds evening
      bit further out is dorking
      run on sundays but another good site
      I will definitely try and get there atleast once, maybe on a Wednesday after work. I think Sandpit will be my next outside of Croydon outing!

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
      Welcome aboard Andy, and don't worry about silly questions, (i'm still asking them now) just ask away, and we'll try our best to help, enjoy airsoft mate..
      Thanks very much! It is just a game at the end of the day right Think I'm finally starting to get my head around everything.. Just wait until I take my gun apart - all hell will break loose!

Comment

Welcome to the forum bud!

As someone sad, give UCAP sandpit a try, tis awesome!!!
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

If you do, watch YouTube tutorials first and snap photos on your phone as you go so you can go back and see how things went together - I'd only mess with a gun when it's out of warranty though

Comment

Welcome comrade!
            "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
              If you do, watch YouTube tutorials first and snap photos on your phone as you go so you can go back and see how things went together - I'd only mess with a gun when it's out of warranty though
              Great shout! My thinking is if I get a Gen3 top tech, I won't need to take it apart anyway!

Oooh, while I think about it I have a question.. Looking at either the T4-18 against the TR15 Raider-L. What are the differences in the models? As far as I can tell, the 4-18 is based on a 416 and Tr15 Raider based on M4? Does the Raider-L Have more rail space than the standard raider is it is just barrel length?

Cheers!
              Andy

Comment

Yeah, the Raider L is maybe two inches longer (my bro has a GR16) and slightly longer barrel (not that barrel length matters in airsoft.)

The difference is exactly what you said; one based on a 416 the other a M4 RIS.

If rail space is a issue, get a Raider XL (something I should have done). Same total length and barrel length, just the rails go beyond the iron sights.

That said, I do find my Raider-L a notch long for CQB (which is why I'm anxious to get my MP5 fully functional)

Every gun will (eventually) need to opened at some point though as already said; wait until the warranty expires.
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AndySpence Find out more about AndySpence
                Working...
                X