Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New player in north London

Ixil...what part of london you from?
    i go to xcite outpost on friday nights,its only held monthly, but its a relaxed place,and if you need a lift i can sort you out
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by harrym View Post
      That sounds pretty sweet. Got a link for it? Have had a google and found http://www.eliteairsoftuk.com/ who look like they run it, but can't see anything about the site there.
      Right on the page in your link there`s a bit that says "bexley skirmish" you just had to click it lol

but here is the link for bexley and northfleet you can book your games in advance and email John with any questions you may have.

http://www.elitebattlezone.co.uk/

If you live near me I may be willing to lend out a few bits of kit if you drive and can offer a lift home lol

If its something small or you ever have trouble figuring something out just drop me a pm.

I might have a few bits I can lend out in a month when a friend gets his ukara and buys his own stuff.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I'm another Londoner. Elite Battle Zone at Bexley (100sqft CQB) or Northfleet (200sqft CQB) is my usual site. Both are great, and have different challenges.

I think part of the reason that there are so few airsoft sites in the capital is the sheer cost of running a site. Overheads such as rent are massive, and finding big enough places to play in isn't easy.

Originally posted by ixil View Post
        Another site is "TWA" Tactical Warfare Airsoft. Which is near New Addington (Croydon, South Ldn). Very nice woodland site, not so far from the station (20ish min walk). Only drawback is that too many 12-14 year olds and their dads =) I had no problems with that but if you do....
        )
        Twenty mins? Jeeze, how quick do you walk? I've walked it both ways - from Biggin Hill Airport and from Addington Village. It's a good hour's walk either direction, and I'm a fairly fast walker! I agree with you about the multitude of kiddiesofters, but I've found that the staff and regular (>18yrs) players are very friendly and welcoming, and the amount of times I can stand back and watch in hysterics at the kiddisofters getting destroyed in a hail of BBs totally makes it worth while!
        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

The reason there is not many airsoft sites right in the centre of london is that its really tricky to get a booze licence for the bar area you`d need to have to make enough money to keep the place going lol, and that rif`s in the city centre are very very risky compared to when we go out to a small town or the middle of nowhere to play where locals know there`s an airsoft or paintball site or something there
          sigpic

Comment

I spent about 40 min drawing map on Google Maps and after pressing DOne" and SAved" it **** didn't. I'll try to explain here:
            How to get to TWA (Tactical Warfare Airsoft) Croydon

As you leave New Addington Tram station. Take Overbury Cresent. Turn right on Downs Road walk up to the "Reuse and Recycle Fisherman Farm" and walk down the Featherbed Pathway (its quite small and narrow). As you reach Featherbed road turn left and cross Farleigh Dean Cresent (follow the path) it should lead you to a more wider pathway which is parallel to Featherbed Road. Follow the pathway( its mainly used for horse riding or getting to an airsoft site) . Follow the pathway til the end (about 10 min) as you almost reached the end turn right on the Featherbed road and follow the road (be careful Featherbed road is very narrow and drivers tend to go on a high speed). See a tiny pathway on the left side of the Featherbed road as you go up the road (its better to go by pathway instead of going by road and blocking the traffic). You should see a hill on your left hand site as you go along the road. You got 2 choices either walk down the road and enter the site by the entrance or go through the trees and walk on the top of the hill where TWA is. If you choose latter be extremely careful not to harm yourself by the barbed wire or any lying branch of the tree. And please DO NOT climb over the barbed fence unless you are a true SPECNAZ.
            Whole journey took me about 20-25 min with 15-20kg shoulder bag. And yeah I do walk fast.

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
              The reason there is not many airsoft sites right in the centre of london is that its really tricky to get a booze licence for the bar area you`d need to have to make enough money to keep the place going lol, and that rif`s in the city centre are very very risky compared to when we go out to a small town or the middle of nowhere to play where locals know there`s an airsoft or paintball site or something there
              Not really that, it's more that London is so built up that noise complaints are almost always imminent. On top of that, property/land prices are nigh-on ridiculous, even for leasing. If Forest Labs was in the center of London, it would cost probably about 2-3 times more to lease it.

I'm from West London, I tend to frequent Xsite Lane End, it's half an hour's drive for us and it's a great fun, balanced site.
              There's GASS towards the Amersham end of things as well, really nice woodland on a pretty big scale

Comment

noise complaints ? dude koko in camden pumps out loud music till 6am so do loads of other night clubs I think the problem is that them kinda area`s are expensive to rent in and cheaper area`s you get noise complaints in.

I`d love to get hold of a huge building in london and set up a few different game area`s have a massive bar on the top floor where we do food too and rent out for team building and corporate event`s.

Even be able to get some of you guys to come along and be the "bad guys" we`d cover your ammo and maybe give you a free game too for helping.

It would also have a shooting range and one of them quick fire test`s they give cops in the movie`s as well as a pistol cqb area and a few other areas and destructible cover and I`d have huge gates set up so every few months we could change the floor plan.

Man that would be cool
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah it tends to be one or the other, if it's an area cheap enough to lease a site in, then it's probably susceptible to noise complaints. If noise is no issue, it's going to cost a fortune.
                  Real shame since there are some quality lower-price locations all over the place but they're often near office buildings/residential areas. Unfortunately noise like blank firing and pyro detonations will carry much further than loud music will which is what causes a lot of the location problems
                  I guess it's not really a good investment to get hold of a site where you can only run evening games either

It's such a shame because there's so much of London that would be great to skirmish in, there are a whole tonne of underground relics like tube tunnels and stations.
                  Hell, the Royal Mail rail line would be fantastic since most of it's closed now, it's full of underground offices and tunnels.

Comment

yeah it is a shame there`s a massive old mill somewhere in london I kid you not this thing is huge like maybe 6 to 10 floors and its massive but poor poor airsoft is never going to be able to afford something like that lol

I would beg to differ mind I was at earls court a few years ago and during a sound demo for "void audio" we had them push a pair of there massive subs down to something like 10hz at god knows how high of a db rating anyway the next day they were served with a noise complaint. The person who complained was an old lady about 2 miles away even the cops found it amusing.

Turned out as we were up above the main hall so 2 or 3 floors above it seams that there was not many buildings between the subs and this old lady's balcony window lol

Still 2 miles for a noise complaint made by just 2 sub units if anything it added to their sales pitch lol

Saying that I think most people would complain about random loud bangs more then they would music even more so old people with ww2 memoires of the blitz.

There are loads of really great places and buildings in london that are unused that would be great for airsoft I think the best way to get to use them for free would be to offer some kind of after school club for troubled children teach them how to play airsoft to help them over come being such little sh*te`s the local government likes to give out grants for stuff like that, then you could also run a sweet game site too when the kids sod off to bed lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by harrym View Post
                      Hi! I'm new to the game, only been twice but loved it so far. Gonna head to a few more, maybe get my UKARA and think about about getting some kit (have my eye on an Ares M4A1 )

These forums have had some really useful stuff in so thought I'd register and say hi.

Question for you: why are there so few skirmish sites in London? You'd think there'd be unused old buildings all over the place that would be perfect for it. Any advice from other Londoners on places to go that aren't too far away?

Heading to Battle Lakes on Sunday and then Bunker51 on the 6th - do say hi if you're there, would be great to meet you.
                      Hey dude. Theres also Viking Airsoft in harmer green, just up past hatfield. we skirmish there first weekend of every month. Great woodland site , shop on site for all your needs as well. check it out. www.vikingairsoft.co.uk
                      ( i apologise if this slightly breaks the competitor rules , as the guys running the site also have some of the stock they sell on there.)
                      If You aint Taking your Hits , You aint worth S***

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
                      Working...
                      X