Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes to airsoft power limit enforcement

So... By putting a 500fps cylinder in my PTW
    I can be arrested and locked up for five-ten years plus seven year firearm ban?!
    For fudge sake!
    Just silly
    Pan, out of interest, can you remember what the 'lethal' energy level was for an airsoft gun?
    Well over 2.5 by my memory?
    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

The Firearms Working Group assessed it to be 1.3J

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
        But I know a lot of guys that won't play there with sniper rifles because they run them, like me, at 470-490FPS. Now because of this there losing out. 420 is the lowest I'd go on a bolt action, other wise whats the point in having a sniper rifle.

Get my point?
        So don't bring a sniper rifle there? That way you won't lose out? Alternatively, if people vote with their feet by not attending the site will change its rules or close.
        Last edited by PureSilver; 29 April, 2012, 21:30.

Comment

Did I read the link right in pans post, this is only recommendations at the moment. If this goes through though it will be another gov joke, as someone could get longer inside for carrying a toy gun than a pi$$ed up driver would get for killing someone. Muppets.

Comment

At least it will stop the "legal limit" threads and any "what if..." ones.

We've all mostly gone on the 350fps, 450fps and 500 rule. It really shouldnt be much of an issue for any of us. The problem will be the douchebags that go out of their way to over power thier stuff and the general response from our lot as seen on a couple thread recently is GTF and out of our sport which sadly will be ignored by the government and punish us all rather than just the one idiot.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
            Working...
            X